Jazzoid

True Ouddict
Tabeer Oud Ciel d'Assam layered with Jasmine Sambac heart from Robertet. This jasmine is like olfactory mood music. Its smooth, swooping texture allows the gravel of the oud to pass through, and brings out the chocolately powder notes of hindi agarwood on low heat. Super nice combo and thanks for the rec on this jasmine @Mr.P

Mr.P

oud<3er
“Expired” (exp date 2007) Aussie sandalwood bought from a company called Auromere. Not sure if they exist any more. I believe this was Mt. Romance oil. I love spicatum oil not as a substitute for album but just for its own crazy scent. I applied some indoors, it smelled fine… deeper woody notes predominating, but when I stepped out into the cold air - it just opened right up and I could really smell the intense green resinous “chewy” almost beta-caryophyllene vibe of this oil. I am once again amazed by how stepping outside can change the intensity of a scent, and how delightful spicatum oil can be.

Musk Rahil

True Ouddict
Match night My own unname mukhallat mix from all qualities becomes beast like both teams

Attachments

• 16700076215931665063826875750405.jpg
    16700076215931665063826875750405.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 37

Mr.P

oud<3er
Bois d’encense from Robertet. This is a proprietary frankincense extraction and has some very nice aspect that I don’t find another frankincense oils. I’ve still never found a truly satisfying frankincense oil but I feel this extract is worth checking out and represents a good effort to capture the fullness of the frankincense experience. Maybe worth a sniff if you are a frankincense lover. I am interested in the offerings of these larger houses because they have the resources to go about things scientifically and systematically and I assume they have some of the best noses in the biz as buyers.

I feel this is a great complement to the artisanal products - I especially value having access to both

Jazzoid

True Ouddict
Haflong-Pursat oil from Yusa Aromatics, layered with ASO Hekayat (musk/sandalwood) and Robertet Rose Petals oil. This oud oil has amazing projection so wears well on the neck. My first time trying this unusual rose which is bright but not fizzy citrus, it doesn't take over in the top end, but brings waves of mesmerizing and pure heart notes.

Mr.P

oud<3er
The rose petals molecular distillate / extract is an unusual rose. I get what you mean about more heart than sparkly top notes. In this sense it is a bit like a ruh gulab I have in my stash.

That said, I have experienced some rich and complex rose wafts from this oil when diluted in ethanol that include some really sublime and complex top notes. I don’t experience those notes all the time, and feel like some of the subtlety of this oil has to be coaxed out. Just ordered some organic 2022 Bulgarian otto from alteya - look forward to a side by side comparison as I haven’t ordered fresh Bulgarian otto in a long time.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Jasmine concrete from a & M aromatics in India. This is grandiflorum and is a rich “clean” Indian jasmine with a little bit of a heavy waxy note, and I am amazed at how distinct it is from the Egyptian variety (while still feeling like the same species). Jasmine is as diverse and complex as agarwood and to a US consumer the good stuff is much rarer than top shelf oud it seems to me.

Jasmine is almost psychoactive to me in that a deep whiff reveals a complex olfactory landscape that can distract me completely.

It is multi layered, multi faceted, and a Chamaeleon, that changes based on the circumstances under which it is experienced. I almost buy into the “no perfume without Jasmine” sentiment. that was uttered by a perfumer whose name unfortunately I can’t bring to mind.

Jazzoid

True Ouddict
Ahom Oud Tuberose Tabac. This attar is opening up nicely with age. The oud is dark, some barn lurks underneath a polished surface. The smouldering of dry tobacco leaves creates its own warmth. Tuberose sits on top, huge like the dome of the sky, indigo night with breezy light notes that swirl like calligraphy.

Zazu

True Ouddict
Jinkoh Store - Sunset in Japan

Holy sheeeeeeet! (Pardon my French 😅) What is this wizzardry?!
Sunset in Japan is our first attar, and even though hubby didn’t conscent, we’re both very aboard this space ship off to the moon!
Fresh, piercing wood! Something else, something heavenly complementing the beautiful oud and some spice? <bliss>

Edit: And this drydown! I’m so glad I ordered this one!

Last edited: