Mr.P

oud<3er
Mixed up more sandalwood spray… everclear and a mixture of
Sandalwood co2 and essential oil in a 2 oz bottle. I spray this pretty liberally as it is mostly alcohol. This adds a nice sandalwood sheen to my clothes (and myself) that lasts all day and repeatedly surprises me with little wafts of santalols as I go about my business.

An Najwa

Resident Artisan
Met @Johnnyboy for a fragrant session in New Delhi
We both Shared some beautiful attars and parfums

Attar Shadee and basmati rose from SP,
Shadee literally made me feel like I'm in an Indian Wedding.

Halawa, Al Ghaliya II by Al Shareef
Halawa my favourite sweet Malaysian Oud! luckily it stays for a longer time on my skin.

Agar Musk Attar from Mellifluence
just beautiful

Habzoud Cambodi ateeq and Adghal
Cambodi ateeq is very cheesy and I get a pineapple accord from it. And I love it.

Really enjoyed Mesh Mesh, Darkness Falls, Waseem, yasminus from Yaaseen
The best and my favourite is Darkness falls. We both enjoyed it.

Mizoram Oud from RBO
Very cheesy

EO Iris Ghaliya and some other EO Attar i don't remember the name, strangely i got the smell of nail paint remover from it.😅 It was very different lol. My favourite from EO is EO3

Aquilaria blossoms by ALD
Fresh, citrusy. Cool

Jasmine Sambac Absolute from Ashworth Oud. A nice Sambac Absolute

Marasim Ghaliya, people of the hellenic republic, by Elixir Attar
I'm very much addicted to the legendary Marasim Ghaliya.

Hawaiian Sandal+ Mongolian Musk maceration by brother Tauhid shaikh

And finally we had a sniff of some of my own creations too
A bunch of my Ouds and Attars
Riwāyat, Santal Imperiale, Maghreb and some unreleased Attars Jasmine Malaccensis and Banu Hashim
The session ended with burning a few pieces of high grade Hindi Agarwood from Assam fumigated on our clothes and Japanese Kyara Incense sticks

I'm still Getting heavy wafts of sweet Oud on my clothes.

Last edited:

Mr.P

oud<3er
I think I’ve had something of a realization as far as a couple of Etro fragrances go. Not a fan of commercial perfume, but the Etro sandalwood and patchouli both are exceptions. I have a bottle of the sandalwood but am not a guy who is comfortable spending a huge amount on fragrance and I’ve never been able to get myself to drop $200 on a bottle of Etro patchouli (in part because I know these mainstream fragrances are all alcohol and cost maybe $0.10 per bottle to fill) even though I loved that perfume the first time I smelled it

Getting to the point - I believe part of the Etro “signature” scent is L-muscone. I haven’t smelled a bottle of the Etro patchouli in a long time but layered patchouli and muscone is very reminiscent of the scent I recall. I also smell a similar musk element in their sandalwood perfume.

Anyway, once again I’m here bringing up a synthetic, which feels weird because I have gone so far to avoid synthetic fragrances. The only other synthetic I have messed with is ambroxan. I have a bottle of ambroxan powder and at one point I was trying it in blends. Not so crazy about ambroxan however.

Jazzoid

True Ouddict
I think I’ve had something of a realization as far as a couple of Etro fragrances go. Not a fan of commercial perfume, but the Etro sandalwood and patchouli both are exceptions. I have a bottle of the sandalwood but am not a guy who is comfortable spending a huge amount on fragrance and I’ve never been able to get myself to drop $200 on a bottle of Etro patchouli (in part because I know these mainstream fragrances are all alcohol and cost maybe $0.10 per bottle to fill) even though I loved that perfume the first time I smelled it

Getting to the point - I believe part of the Etro “signature” scent is L-muscone. I haven’t smelled a bottle of the Etro patchouli in a long time but layered patchouli and muscone is very reminiscent of the scent I recall. I also smell a similar musk element in their sandalwood perfume.

Anyway, once again I’m here bringing up a synthetic, which feels weird because I have gone so far to avoid synthetic fragrances. The only other synthetic I have messed with is ambroxan. I have a bottle of ambroxan powder and at one point I was trying it in blends. Not so crazy about ambroxan however.

That sounds good, I can get decants of the patchouli locally so will try it out. I have the l-muscone on the way too and some other things you mentioned from PSH.

Mr.P

oud<3er

That sounds good, I can get decants of the patchouli locally so will try it out. I have the l-muscone on the way too and some other things you mentioned from PSH.”

Hope the recommendations were good ones…

Mr.P

oud<3er
Just received jasmine grandiflorum absolute (Egypt) and a New Caledonia sandalwood oil from Camden Grey. The sandalwood on first impression is uninteresting - faint woody smell, nothing special. But I need more time to evaluate. The jasmine smells fantastic - very good first impression. Clean floral with candy like aspects, no fermented note, no sour or green leaf notes either. Really nice clean floral scent.