Mr.P

oud<3er
Agreed that Robertet knows how to make a good jasmine sambac extract! I wear that oil ALL the time. Always with me!

I’m still looking for a good jasmine grandiflorum as well but I’ve only found one in the last 10 years or so.

FYI: robertet’s “rose petals” is extracted in a similar way to the jasmine sambac heart - it is a molecular distillation of rose extract or something like that. At first it has a somewhat ordinary Rose otto scent, not particularly unusual to my nose, reminiscent of Turkish oils I have smelled, but as the scent develops some very rich aspects of the rose scent come across and I would say this is an oil worth sampling.

Last edited:

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
AOTD is Sheba 2019 from Rising Phoenix

Rose, make-up powder, cream, more rose. Very simplistic smelling but intricate and nuanced composition.
The sample had been sitting in my cabinet for quite some time now. I was looking for King Tut bottle but stumbled upon this instead. Quite glad I did. It is a beautiful attar. Must try for rose lovers.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Robertet patchouli fraction b. This is a niiiice patchouli oil - I don’t know how to describe. The opening is nice a velvety, with a nice tart patchouli tang buried in there. but it is in the base notes that this oil caught my attention. The dry down is a very mellow and especially sophisticated patchouli glow and like most patchouli, it lasts a long time on the skin and has all kinds of delightful earthy notes.

Patchouli has always fascinated me - I need to do a little patchouli searching I think.

If any of you have a lead on some fine patchouli I’d like to know about it.

Jazzoid

True Ouddict
Robertet patchouli fraction b. This is a niiiice patchouli oil - I don’t know how to describe. The opening is nice a velvety, with a nice tart patchouli tang buried in there. but it is in the base notes that this oil caught my attention. The dry down is a very mellow and especially sophisticated patchouli glow and like most patchouli, it lasts a long time on the skin and has all kinds of delightful earthy notes.

Patchouli has always fascinated me - I need to do a little patchouli searching I think.

If any of you have a lead on some fine patchouli I’d like to know about it.

@The Scent Guru and I like the one from Yusa Aromatics on Instagram. We both got a tola! It's Java 2015. Really good by itself. I also like to mix it with the Java vetiver from Ashworth.

Mr.P

oud<3er
@The Scent Guru and I like the one from Yusa Aromatics on Instagram. We both got a tola! It's Java 2015. Really good by itself. I also like to mix it with the Java vetiver from Ashworth.
I would give that a try but I don’t do instagram so not sure how to purchase. I will google a bit in the meanwhile.

Jazzoid

True Ouddict
I would give that a try but I don’t do instagram so not sure how to purchase. I will google a bit in the meanwhile.

Yeah I don't get the 'instagram only' vibe. Must be a cool people thing. I signed up recently to buy aromatics and it's a real mess of an app, but there is a private message system which works fine, I didn't have to create an online persona thankfully.

The Scent Guru

Agarwhoreder
Staff member
Yeah I don't get the 'instagram only' vibe. Must be a cool people thing. I signed up recently to buy aromatics and it's a real mess of an app, but there is a private message system which works fine, I didn't have to create an online persona thankfully.
Yusa is working on a website and Etsy I believe. If you are in the USA I have another Tola I can spare or a 2.5ml

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Perle de L'Euphrate (*Rouhanne Perfumes, 2022): It is a rose soliflore where ambergris and rose plays the most important roles - from the start till the end. I get crushed rose stems & leaves (a slightly astringent smell). Some of the other rose facets I get here are - dewy, slightly smoky, herbaceous, sweet (less so), incense and many more - all within a slightly noirish shroud of ambergris! The rose stem quality reminds me of Rose de Malaisie (2017, Le Maison Khenata).

The citrusy and minty qualities of rose are toned down and its incense facet is amped up - possibly with the help of frankincense. Perhaps there is elemi too. After 3-4 hours, I get peek-e-boo whiffs of some kind of blond tobacco. This could also be coming from ambergris because I have smelt ambergris that had similar facets.

Quite a moody rose composition. I'm very happy with my purchase and supporting such nice people and craftsmanship.

* Saiful Islam, the perfumer behind this one man brand, teaches medical science at a local university. So he occasionally releases some compositions (locally so far) that he likes.