Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Had some leisure time after a while

Fat swipes of Tyger Santal by LuckyOud

It has been sitting with me for almost two months now.
I have not had any sandalwood oils like this before. Distilled from sinking antique mysore heartwood, I was expecting a creamy buttery aroma. However, to my surprise, this starts off rather volatile and raw-boned. This one has a oud like edge. So much so, one may think that it is a co-distillation.
Sometimes, I think minty mossy aspects are too pronounced. And then at other times, it comes across as vivid florals with creamy mysore aroma. I also get some antique woody notes too. Like something when you smell old logs.
I am finding this oil to be so off beat and so complex. It stays on my skin for hours. I wore it to bed last nite and woke up to pure sandalwood bliss on my arms this morning.
There is that lactonic tinge but I smell some light woody floral at the same time too. Idk, I've been out of it. It is either me or this oil is way too complex. Was anyone able to get their hands on this one?

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh

I have not has any sandalwood oils like this before. Distilled from sinking antique mysore heartwood, I was expecting a creamy buttery aroma. However, to my surprise, this starts off rather volatile and raw-boned. This one has a oud like edge. So much so, one may think that it is a co-distillation.
Sometimes, I think minty mossy aspects are too pronounced. And then at other times, it comes across as vivid florals with creamy mysore aroma. I also get some antique woody notes too. Like something when you smell old logs.
I am finding this oil to be so off beat and so complex. It stays on my skin for hours. I wore it to bed last nite and woke up to pure sandalwood bliss on my arms this morning.
There is that lactonic tinge but I smell some light woody floral at the same time too. Idk, I've been out of it. It is either me or this oil is way too complex. Was anyone able to get their hands on this one?
I certainly haven't but it sounds divine. I have some very old Mysore Heartwood Sandalwood oil and reading your description had me swiping some just now.....Heartwood seems to have longevity going on...as I usually get between 8/10 hours too.
The smell of old log description is good call......

HoneyBear

Oud Fanatic

I have not has any sandalwood oils like this before. Distilled from sinking antique mysore heartwood, I was expecting a creamy buttery aroma. However, to my surprise, this starts off rather volatile and raw-boned. This one has a oud like edge. So much so, one may think that it is a co-distillation.
sounds good need to dip my toes into sandal wood at one point

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
It’s fascinating to know how each tree smells different and then the distillation techniques take those variations to a whole different level.
@DubOudh good to know that I’m not the only one drawing that parallel. What a gift of nature sandalwood is
@HoneyBear i tell you what, you won’t be disappointed :)

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Tadasu.jpg

Mellifluence's Tadasu no mori.

Dense layers of florals and woods. very grounding and profounding.
osmanthus, lilac, boronia, yakusugi(probably from @Aroma Sublime), and lotus are noted in the description but I can't really pick out individual notes.

very nice and calms the mind.

Tarik

Jinkoh to Byakudan - agaraura
An old blend from Taha

"Jinkoh To Byakudan, on the other hand, focuses on oud and sandalwood exclusively. The other essential oils used in this blend work in the background, and are only there to exalt the oud and sandalwood notes" Taha.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
I very blessed and fragrant day for me. A lot of things coming in this week.

I have been wanting to try the Al Ghaliya for a long time, I now have the opportunity. The Ward Al Taifi is the best Taifi Rose Oil, I now have enough to store for the coming days.

The packaging for the Extrait Perfumes is very luxurious. I have loved the Jasmine previously, so I am going to use that a little later, my focus is Ishraq. It has dense, dark, heavy aroma.

Smelling from the vials, Jibaal is beautiful dense. Samuw, unexpected Cambodi, I think I have a feeling, I might have to think about a bottle of this.

IMG_4508.jpgIMG_4511.jpg

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Who is Mr. Ziyad? That looks like a nice collection of samples…
Natural Pure Aroma, he is a distiller in Sri Lanka.

I got all his current offerings of Sandalwood. Some Agarwood too.
He has interesting co distillations of Sandawood, I was interested to try.
Sandalwood with Pineapple, Durian, Blue lotus, Fringipani.