• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

Tilt

Oud Fan
Mellifluence - 338 Hildevolk

This is a really unusual scent that does something I really love: hovers on the line between pretty and ugly. Costus, deer musk, and civet working with the "blue" materials the attar is based around. Unwashed hair and animal fur, blue tansy and blue cypress in one sniff. Curious about the oud in here (Blue Yunnan by EO). As always from Mellifluence, I really like the sandalwood used in the base. This is great stuff and I was confident that a higher priced attar from Abdullah would be worth the money.

22phoenicia

Just Arrived
I am revisiting indole after 2 years' hiatus. Wearing blood orange, black pepper, jasmine sambac (from Robertet, it's a beaat), orange blossom and. neroli. Patchouli fractions, Santalum album heartwood, Viet crassna from Eden which was just bought by Biolandes drizzles of spice, Persian saffron (new car smell), ambegris. It's a bit young to really appreciate the power of the santal and the indole, the synergy between the oud and other materials is good. The oud smells like a sunny log drizzled with smoked honey. I'm a lot more sensitive to the mothball-ness of the sambac than I used to be when I sprinkled it like talcum powder.