• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

Broey_J

Oud Beginner
X-post from the Ghaliya thread

As promised - I received Ghaliya Hind by Dixit & Zak on Friday, and thought I'd record some initial thoughts.

- Very strong leather opening. "Leather" is often used as a descriptor when it's a smoky tar note, or an aromachemical that has "new car smell". This particular leather smells like an expensive pair of shoes, right out of the box. This is apparently a 'mixed media' (not 100% natural) composition, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some chemistry magic at play.

- Pink rose. What I mean by this is that it isn't jammy, which I associate with deep deep rose. It isn't soapy or anisic either. It's just a light blush of rosiness.

- Lychee. I think this note is the rose + all of the white flowers in the middle notes. Think sweet, pale, floral, musky. Really ties into the pink note I describe above.

- Very animalic drydown - I definitely get the civet and hyraceum in this composition. There's apparently a lot of castoreum in here, but I'm still hunting for it.

- Huge hindi oud basenote - leans more toward the horse-y end of barn, than the blue cheese aspect. Pairs nicely with the animalics and flowers.

Peter Lee

Oud Beginner
Green Kyara (Kinam Attar v3) by Agar Aura

Green Kyara for me has the best parts of Kinam Attar v1, Khmer Kinam (Kinam Attar v2), and Kyara to Byakudan all in one bottle..

The gently heated kyara aroma of KA v1, the creamy lactonic of Khmer Kinam, and the mild spices of KtB.. All coming together in a symphony backed up by a green tinged bitterness, that all I can say is.. Zen in a bottle..

Highly recommended to use during cooler weather. Longevity on my skin was about 6 hours or so in an air-conditioned room.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-03 at 15.53.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-03 at 15.53.00.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 225217158_10158287862427823_3903376423208769559_n.jpg
    225217158_10158287862427823_3903376423208769559_n.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 48

Lorenz_156

Oud Fan
Green Kyara (Kinam Attar v3) by Agar Aura

Green Kyara for me has the best parts of Kinam Attar v1, Khmer Kinam (Kinam Attar v2), and Kyara to Byakudan all in one bottle..

The gently heated kyara aroma of KA v1, the creamy lactonic of Khmer Kinam, and the mild spices of KtB.. All coming together in a symphony backed up by a green tinged bitterness, that all I can say is.. Zen in a bottle..

Highly recommended to use during cooler weather. Longevity on my skin was about 6 hours or so in an air-conditioned room.
So excited to try it @BeScho

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun | Ouddict
Staff member
Received the subscription attars from Abdullah(Mellifluence)
1ml of Tadasu no Mori Imperial(cherry blossom, boronia, hinoki, yakusugi wood)
1ml of Purple Leather 2(smokey, powdery, leathery, musky)
and two samples. Sahra, Aixa.

It's about time to sleep so I just dabbed a little bit of P.L 2 and Sahra on my forearm.
P.L 2 is a lot smoother and musky than the previous version I remember. somewhat reminds me of Musk Maharaja Imperial.

Sahra, I didn't expect it to be smell this good. apricot, floral, woody. very pleasing and easy to enjoy.
both are winners to my nose. at least for now,

BeScho

Oud Beginner
Symphonie de vert exquise by Elixir Attar

While flowers en masse are usually not my cup of tea, but scents with a "green" feeling are I had to try this.
And I have to admit this is such an incredibly well blended scent, you know there are florals behind it, but the blending creates such a beautiful green aroma, lovely. I do also get vintage french perfumery vibes, I definitely could imagine this would be a guerlain release in the past century.
Very well done and looking forward to more profound testing.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Symphonie de vert exquise by Elixir Attar

While flowers en masse are usually not my cup of tea, but scents with a "green" feeling are I had to try this.
And I have to admit this is such an incredibly well blended scent, you know there are florals behind it, but the blending creates such a beautiful green aroma, lovely. I do also get vintage french perfumery vibes, I definitely could imagine this would be a guerlain release in the past century.
Very well done and looking forward to more profound testing.
i have a prototype for this without the Mitti in the base so I added some intensely earthy and swampy Indonesian Oud. Seemed to do the trick with adding a touch of earthen fresh rain vibes.

I think this gets overlooked a lot because of its floral nature but I truly believe it’s one of the better florals Ahmed has done. Reminds me a lot of La Rayon Vert by Sultan Pasha.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Kashi by Tabeer Oud.

Co distillation of Oud(Nagaland I guess) + Sandalwood from the South of India, I guess brother Umair mentioned that the wood was all collected from one region Mysore this time. If I remember it right, he said he used the same wood for this.

Opening - First swipe, very bitter smell. Cant be just the Oud the blend of Oud and Santal. First thought, I don't think I am going to like it, that bitter smell is not very pleasant to me. Just a few mins later, the bitterness goes away and the Oud and Santal play back and forth. Oud, followed by Santal, followed by Oud, followed by Santal.. and it goes on for a while. A mild undertone of sweetness, I am guess from the Sandalwood.

This is my first experience with Oud + Sandalwood co distillation and I am not dis appointed, its mild, pleasant and a unique experience for me.

Kashi by Tabeer Oud.

Co distillation of Oud(Nagaland I guess) + Sandalwood from the South of India, I guess brother Umair mentioned that the wood was all collected from one region Mysore this time. If I remember it right, he said he used the same wood for this.

Opening - First swipe, very bitter smell. Cant be just the Oud the blend of Oud and Santal. First thought, I don't think I am going to like it, that bitter smell is not very pleasant to me. Just a few mins later, the bitterness goes away and the Oud and Santal play back and forth. Oud, followed by Santal, followed by Oud, followed by Santal.. and it goes on for a while. A mild undertone of sweetness, I am guess from the Sandalwood.

This is my first experience with Oud + Sandalwood co distillation and I am not dis appointed, its mild, pleasant and a unique experience for me.
My first experience with an oud sandalwood co-distillation was from Feel Oud. I too struggled to accept it as a unified scent. My receptors kept singling out the oud, then the sandalwood, back and forth.

BeScho

Oud Beginner
AA Green Kyara aka Kinam Attar v3

Taha's description of it is spot-on imo.
Lovely Vanilla, subtle smokiness, sweet spices and the scent of dry tea leafes I'm loving and chasing in Oud.
This is comfort in a bottle, I already like it during summer, but it'll be probably much better during colder months like @Peter Lee already mentioned a few posts above me.