Bryan-I

True Ouddict
Wearing Khaafila II by Ahom Oud

This one I’d incredible in warm weather. It’s basically a heavier and more dense version of Kashmir Nuit but without the rose. I layered them both today.

Khaafila II shows a heavy saffron, vetiver, and pandanus profile. The Oud used is leathery and musky so it provides some much needed longevity for how airy and fleeting Kashmir Nuit’s top note florals can be. I’m considering picking up Rose de Mai and adding a few drops to Khaafila though. It would round out the entire areas.
How would you compare this to the original? I did not purchase part II due to not wanting redundancy.

Ruh Khus from Tabeer Oud.
Easily one of the top 3 Oud Khus I have tried. May be the best copper pot hydro distilled I have tried.
No Algae like earthy notes. Fine Vetiver top notes. Very impressive, also priced high like its quality.

View attachment 17893
I recieved this 4 days ago and I literally cannot stop thinking about it. Roh Khas this good overtakes a lot of base level ouds.
The top notes of lemon / citrus just elevate this.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Wore SPA Juriah today after overdosing heavy Hindi all morning(Aseel & Zuhayr from ASO, a Kalakassi from Global, 777 from FO and Panbari Reserve from Aggarwood Assam)... after wearing heavy Hindi(and one fermented Laotian), Juriah made so much more sense to me. Juriah is basically an Attar for daily Hindi Oud users, when experienced in that context it becomes the most juicy deep gorgeous Rose. The animalic Oud ferment notes really just provide depth.

but when I usually wear juariah against pristine oils, it seems way too intensely high pitched.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Wearing Sultan Pasha's Juriah. I'm starting to understand this more clearly as I wear this more times. I couldn't find citrusy Taif rose before but now I can. Animalic leathery Hindi oud is the key player but there are so much more that I can still not grasp. It's quite hard to unfold into words. Still need more time to write a review on it.

man_in_japan

Oud Beginner
A side-by-side comparison of two "marketplace" attars

Maqha Al-Sharq by Elixir Attar
Holy pistachios. Lots of nutty aromas in the opener, followed by powdered sugar and some florals. The vanilla is definitely strong.
A hint of smoky tobacco or incense, but not overpowering. Some complexity and bitterness in there to give it backbone. This feels like a summer version of the market.

Qamarun by EO (Ramadan promo attar)
Opens with a spicy cherry wood note, with shisha tobacco and allspice. There's a bitterness in there under the smoke, like an orange peel. I think the oud base is from Vietnam? Honey, bits of grassiness and nuttiness. I was expecting a little rose, but it's not coming through. The longevity is quite intense, though, and the chord stays resonant throughout. A much more cherry tobacco-y take on the genre. Dare I say, more wintry?

Maybe it's just my memory but I really want to stack these both against AA's Al-Arabiya (attar version) and see how they stack up. I remember being positively blown away by the clarity of each note in Al-Arabiya in a sample. Kicking myself for not having gotten a bottle when it was available.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Wore SPA Juriah today after overdosing heavy Hindi all morning(Aseel & Zuhayr from ASO, a Kalakassi from Global, 777 from FO and Panbari Reserve from Aggarwood Assam)... after wearing heavy Hindi(and one fermented Laotian), Juriah made so much more sense to me. Juriah is basically an Attar for daily Hindi Oud users, when experienced in that context it becomes the most juicy deep gorgeous Rose. The animalic Oud ferment notes really just provide depth.

but when I usually wear juariah against pristine oils, it seems way too intensely high pitched.
Wow this is interesting you say that because to my nose I don’t smell any fermentation notes. Or really any strong Oud for that matter. It’s mostly just beautiful rose and resinous ambery incense notes. Now I know my wife wouldn’t talk to me for three days when I wore this in the car!

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Vetiver by Umair (Tabeer Oud)
Nangarhar Rose by Orzala

This Vetiver is truly Vetiver root oil. Quite soothing and mood elevating it is. A dab of Nangarhar Rose has transmuted the scent scenario.

I had acquired a tola of this Vetiver. If Umair had this batch, I would go for more.
Respected Rai Sahab,

I also reached out to Brother Umair for more Khus, but it seems we will have to wait. :)

If you all want to experience another Ruh Khus of top and similar quality(CO2), then this is the one:

This is the other CO2 which I liked very much and compareable to Ruh Khus from Tabeer Oud.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Today I too wore the Khus by Tabeer Oud for my morning yoga session, very relaxing and such a stunning oil

Wow this is interesting you say that because to my nose I don’t smell any fermentation notes. Or really any strong Oud for that matter. It’s mostly just beautiful rose and resinous ambery incense notes. Now I know my wife wouldn’t talk to me for three days when I wore this in the car!
I really think you adjust to Hindi oils, I took a long break from ouds and Hindi oils that I'd considered pretty tame (after wearing them for months) were all of a sudden verry overbearing

Tilt

Oud Fanatic
Mellifluence - Celo (Rever Rouge III)

First Impressions. Opens with a waxy red rose opening that is bright and pink. Quite perfumey at that stage, but soon settles into something very smooth. Light medicinal whiffs in the background before a drydown of sweet fruity musky oud with memories of red florals.

For me, attars from Mellifluence normally take a little while to macerate and settle down, but this one seems to be a complete winner from the just opening the package this morning and swiping it on.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Mellifluence - Celo (Rever Rouge III)

First Impressions. Opens with a waxy red rose opening that is bright and pink. Quite perfumey at that stage, but soon settles into something very smooth. Light medicinal whiffs in the background before a drydown of sweet fruity musky oud with memories of red florals.

For me, attars from Mellifluence normally take a little while to macerate and settle down, but this one seems to be a complete winner from the just opening the package this morning and swiping it on.
I tried this one and ordered a full bottle. Its beautifully floral, Rose, Boronia & Jasmine. More sweetness from Boronia. I think the Rose here is from an absolute, I am guessing Turkish Rose absolute, so its a full bodied Rose, unlike Otto. Jasmine can easily overpower the composition. The Jasmine Sambac is just a tiny bit not to overpower the composition. This is one of my top 3 mellifluence.

Rêver Rouge was one of the popular ones and so this one sold out very quick. Another quick one to sell out was the Tsuga Musk. I was waiting for it to release, and I did not even get a chance to view the listing before it sold out :)

Did anyone get a chance to experience the new Tsuga Musk?

I have heard very good things about the "Samantha", specially about the Vanilla and Malawi date in it, I am waiting for the order to arrive.

Wearing Anokha by LuckyOud today.

This is totally different from the last one I tried from him, Tura.
Eyes closed. This is not a Hindi at all. I get a mellow Cambodian. So far 4 hours and still going slow and steady. The scent progression is fairly linear after the first 30 mins but very enjoyable overall.
In the air I get wiffs of that legendary cambodi plum/ berries. If I dig my nose into it I smell Diesel like vapourous notes, maybe it's just me fixing stuff in the garage. This ones keeping me company.

Mr.P

oud<3er
I got an interesting sample in the mail today. It is pure l-muscone. This is a substance found in natural musk and is a premium material in perfumery. I was interested in having a synthetic musk but not some concoction mixed up by a perfumer, and this fits that bill nicely. Strange smell - strong yet hard to smell for some. Very long lasting, musky, a little of the musky quality of some sandalwood oils, smooth a little edge to it - like a "fuzzy" vibe. Apparently this has not been easy to get in the past and it's availability retail level is kind of a big deal (but I'm just repeating what I read and basenotes.)

Johnnyboy

Oud Beginner
Tonight I'm wearing a little creation I made earlier today.

Started by macerating brown ambergris in a very buttery Mysore @ 20%. Then added some dark damask rose, saffron, jasmine auriculatum, orange blossom and a touch of vanilla.

Initial smell: there is a notable dark vegetal musk quality coming from the jasmine and a dry leathery note from the saffron. There is also a piercing metallic quality coming from the rose. As the opening notes begin to fade it becomes much more floral and fruity. There is also obviously an overt presence of ambergris.

If I was to do this over, I would probably forego the jasmine. This particular type of jasmine has a very dark/fuzzy quality to it and it sort of muddies and distracts from the more uplifting/high pitch qualities of the rest of the florals. Also probably should have toned down the ambergris just a touch haha. Curious to see how this evolves once its had a chance to sit for a while though. Probably will add some more rose to it later on and really make that the dominant floral.