Dan

True Ouddict
ASO - Ghaliyah 2

I'm impressed

starts of with Rose and other white florals. Which fades away and gives way to this amazing cocoa note which I also get in Russian Oud (ALD) once this mid phase is done with the base is all about ambergris and musk, I do get hint of vetiver.

I still feel this attar given ageing will become into something even more special.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Bombay

True Ouddict
I’m still confused as to why Zakir changed the company name. I always wanted to try this one.
Not sure, but he had mentioned it somewhere (I guess on his instagram page) attributing it to the new beginning.
Yah hopefully, he can re release this one, this is the first attar with the name of Shamama on it that I have tried. It was ok for me during the hot days and surprisingly it wldnt even last longer, but seems like the cold temperatures just brings the attar out from hibernation haha. The hindi oud was prominent on the opening but the middle notes got more complex and interesting, i started getting some gentle ambery hue with dark woods , a slight syrupy texture in the start but then it gets a BIT powdery in a really nice way and some spicies too (but not in a gourmand way) . The thing is these notes got more prominent in my recent wearing. It could also be due to aging.
I live in Dallas area brother, if you ever swing by from here let me know, will bring the bottle out for you to experience it :)

Dan

True Ouddict
ASO Yasameen

I was impressed by this via a sample and finally got my full bottle.

The experience of this is surely enhanced because you actually see tiny bit of deer musk grains in the bottle.

Feels more regal this one.

Can't stop sniffing myself over and over again.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
yesterday I wore Santal Rose by Mellifluence. Amazing performance, close to 14hrs on my skin (albeit low projection by then ) - but a colleague in work did ask what I was wearing when I was near.
Gorgeous scent too, really not my general vibe (I prefer "masculine/old school" scents) but this just works so well
A lovely floral with a hint of musk giving it a more rugged vibe

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
yesterday I wore Santal Rose by Mellifluence. Amazing performance, close to 14hrs on my skin (albeit low projection by then ) - but a colleague in work did ask what I was wearing when I was near.
Gorgeous scent too, really not my general vibe (I prefer "masculine/old school" scents) but this just works so well
A lovely floral with a hint of musk giving it a more rugged vibe
Sandal rose is so great. isn't' it? it just radiates super clean aquatic rose and musk. love this oil.

Bilal

True Ouddict
201 Sajaro Imperial-Mellifluence

Probably one of the best floral heavy (rose,jasmine and white champaca) attars I've had the pleasure to smell.Wasn't too keen on how this opened initially, but I love it from the get go now.This attar is never static, shifting from an ethereal, almost refreshing musk dominant aroma to a full bodied juicy warm floral concoction depending on the weather and skin chemistry.Luckily the scent is really well balanced using sandalwood, saffron,Hainan Oud and deer musk to keep this on the right side of unisex for me.

The projection is strong but not overwhelming (I've been able to pick it up on others without getting too close), whilst the longevity is around 6 hours.

At £28/ml this is mind-blowingly good value and definitely worth a try for those who want something less overtly masculine for the upcoming warmer months.

Last edited: