Mr.P

oud<3er
Speaking of soaking in sandalwood, I am enjoying the RKSons oil as a daily wear sandalwood. Scent does last overnight, so a swipe in the evening has you awaken in a cloud of scent the next morning. The intensity is moderate,
the oil smells pleasant from top to bottom... I can give my older vintage oils a little break for a while (im actually putting some oils I took out back into storage thanks to this). Man it is nice to be able to just slather myself in sandalwood so i can really experience it fully. Amit’s Sandalwood makes it possible again, at least for me!

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Speaking of soaking in sandalwood, I am enjoying the RKSons oil as a daily wear sandalwood. Scent does last overnight, so a swipe in the evening has you awaken in a cloud of scent the next morning. The intensity is moderate,
the oil smells pleasant from top to bottom... I can give my older vintage oils a little break for a while (im actually putting some oils I took out back into storage thanks to this). Man it is nice to be able to just slather myself in sandalwood so i can really experience it fully. Amit’s Sandalwood makes it possible again, at least for me!
Have you tried wearing sandal early in the morning when going for a walk?

Mr.P

oud<3er
Organic rose absolute heated on the subitism. Took a little chip of soapstone, polished it and drilled a small well into the top surface. I just placed the stone on the heating element and the heat is coming through perfectly (have to turn the voltage way down of course - I almost burned the oil the first time due to not really using my brain to its capacity)

97EB9A71-737D-4149-9153-1810F9C86F35.jpeg

Mr.P

oud<3er
This year’s batch of Bulgarian rose absolute from Alteya is blowing my mind. This is the most true-to-fresh rose scent I have ever smelled, by a long shot. Absolutely stunning rose oil.

I’ve smelled dozens of absolutes and ottos - I don’t know what is different but I am guessing the organic cultivation must result in more complexity in the secondary metabolites like essential oils of the plants. Or maybe it’s just unusually fresh. Or a good season... I did not know rose absolute could smell this nice.

Anwar

True Ouddict
Mysore Sandalwood oil 2002, Galbanum eo, Hojayriyy Frankincense eo 1998, FeelOud 777, Himalayan Cedarwood eo, Vanilla in jajoba, RuhKhus 1999, Bulgarian Rose Otto, bergamot eo, so-called palo santo eo, East Timur Sandalwood oil, Borneo Utama Wild Harvested Malaysian oud, Scottish white ambergris, Scottish Gold (black) ambergris, Rising Phoenix Perfumery Phnum Samkoh Wild Harvested Cambodi Oud

Rai Munir

Musk Man
My most recent blend: Ruh khas, deer musk maceration, Persian rose, ouds from Malaysia and Assam. Needs a few more florals and some resins. :D
Congrats

I have been trying for the last two years to use vetiver in musk, but all in vain. And ultimately threw out oils thrice.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Turkish rose I bought from Pierre chauvet about 15 years ago. Old rose... is pretty stable actually. Rose oil changes a lot in the first year, then settles into something that is less fresh but kind of just stays the same, which is good.

Turkish rose almost always reminds me of raspberries. I have smelled some small lot Turkish organic rose that was indistinguishable from good Bulgarian but all my “ordinary” Turkish rose oil, from a couple of different sources, has this subtle raspberry note mixed in there. Not sure what to think of it.