Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

SP Encens Chypre, always look forward to wearing this.

Sproaty and Ashfaque like this.
  2. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Baikal Gris (ALD) - a soft creamy and woody sandalwood and ambergris hangs around for a very long time at the drydown with regular peak-a-boos from fir balsam, cypress and cedarwood.

Dan, Sproaty and cau like this.
  3. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

It’s always nice when folks take a second or two to describe the scent here - makes it more than a list of names of oils! Nice review.

Sproaty, Grega and cau like this.
  4. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

I agree, but when your stable is small, the posts get redundant. I would be willing to expand mine but other responsibilities prevent that...

Rai Munir, Mr.P and Grega like this.
  5. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

Got it. Makes no sense to be reviewing the same thing over and over. Apologies if my comment was inconsiderate. Didn’t think of the perspective of folks who want to contribute but don’t have 50 different oils to review!

cau likes this.
  6. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

Today a blend of sandalwood co2 and distilled - this co2 oil gives a very strong dry woody top note, then the distilled oil gives the long, rich, classic sandalwood base. Wish more co2 extracts of sandalwood were available to experiment with. I have smelled co2 extract of Australian sandalwood and it is not really much different from the distilled.

Sproaty likes this.
  7. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Sultan Pasha - Tabac Grande - a dark, resinous that feels 'heavy'. Sticky tobacco takes its time to show through but emerges beautifully with tenacity

Ashfaque likes this.
  8. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

I have a couple of samples of this. Way too boozy for my taste. Tobacco, yes, but mostly bourbon. I haven't worn this in over a year. I should revisit it some weekend; definitely not safe for work...

Sproaty likes this.
  9. Sproaty

I wore 2 big swipes from my elbow to my hand on either arm and covered the applicator in oil and rubbed it onto my fingers and wiped those into my polo shirt
    And headed to the office :Roflmao::Roflmao:

ah yes, booze. I can sense that now, didn't strike me at first

cau likes this.
  10. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

1. You must work alone.
    2. SP attars are too expensive for me to wear like that. I use a paper clip to extract just enough to smear into a 1inch square on my left forearm.
    3. I'd be afraid of being pulled over and the officer mistaking my scent for driving while intoxicated.
    4. I'll wear Vero Profumo Onda or MFK Absolue pour le Soir to work, but never Tabac Grande. I'm impressed; we'd have a great time working together in the same office...

Rai Munir likes this.
  11. Sproaty

1. nope!
    2. Ah well I've already spent the money so I don't mind slathering it on. I don't think I'd buy this again once I've used it so I'll wear it loud and proud :)
    3. haha, it's fine - breathaliser wouldn't show anything anyway
    4. I bet we would :) Shame that my colleagues don't share the same mentality (nobody says anything regarding my fragrances so I don't know if I'm choking people out)

12. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

Drive the girls wild and management crazy... Good for you.

Sproaty likes this.
  13. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

SP Malificent Rose. Pure rose, could be a solifore. I'm not a rose fan but this is tolerable. I don't care for the opening hour but it is evolving into a darker, jammy, brooding rose. My notes from last year say it will remain so for 7-8 hours before going to skin.

Mr.P, Sproaty and Rai Munir like this.
  14. Sproaty

Al Shareef - Yaqoot. Fantastic musk/oud combo :D

cau, Grega and Rai Munir like this.
  15. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Turkish Rose from Ulugbek Abdumominov:
    Well, by no means an ordinary oil at all. Beautiful sensuous scent- Turkish Rose.

It made me recall Robert Burn's poem:
    "O my Luve is like a red, red rose."

Saturated with red flower (desi gulaab) scent. No need to juxtapose any other oil. No doubt, Taifi mysterious (citrusy) touch is not there. But who cares? This is Turkish, so it has to be Turkish.
    IMG20190712231149.jpg
    Liquid scent congealed!

Sproaty, cau, Mr.P and 1 other person like this.
  16. cau

cau Oud Fanatic

SP Truffe Blanche. Lemon and orange opening. A nice summer scent. It doesn't touch me like Eau Sauvage however; it could never replace my Eau Sauvage...

Sproaty and Rai Munir like this.
  17. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

Again, super hoi an layered with a tad of ambrette seed CO2. Somehow this really boosts the sinensis vibe, especially after the initial strong ambrette seed notes fade a bit. Seems to greatly extend the longevity of the top notes... very interesting interaction. I’d recommend playing with this if you get a chance!

18. MrK

MrK Whats this Oud About?

Yes do tell us, love to try a real jasmine!

19. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected Mazhar, this sample is sent to me by my Indian friend who knows the Indian market very well. He told me he can acquire pure jasmine.

From where he got, I will ask him.

Sorry for delay. I missed your post actually.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Mazhar, Bryan-I and MrK like this.
  20. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Brindaban - Zak & Dixit

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Rai Munir likes this.

Promote Oud!