Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. cau

cau Whats this Oud About?

SP does some really nice work. A couple of thoughts...
    1. When an artist has 50+ items in his portfolio there's bound to be some redundancy. I can't say I could identify all of his scents as being his, but he does have a signature and it is identifiable in many of his scents.
    2. It is obvious he has a liking for Occidental perfumes, and his efforts at recreating or memeing these are often superior to the original, but none of them stand out as truly brilliant to me.
    3. Unless one fancies him/herself a collector, 3 or 4 bottles is all one really needs of any given artist. Not every effort rises to the top... But sampling is fun and does make sense. I have many, but need to familiarize myself with some of the other artists I see here. Never enough time; always spread too thin.

Sproaty, Grega and SydnorIII like this.
  2. Muhammed Afthab

Muhammed Afthab Whats this Oud About?

I found it quite syrupy and sweet.

Grega likes this.
  3. Muhammed Afthab

Muhammed Afthab Whats this Oud About?

Which one would you recommend for beginners to sultan pasha.

4. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Indeed sweet it is! I appreciate its sour sweet harmony.

5. cau

Do not blind buy a bottle! For £75 you can have a package of 30 samples. I manage 4-5 modest wearings from a sample. A fantastic deal in my opinion. I have two 30-sample kits. I started with a 7-sample set two years ago. Check out the website. I just did; his samples are sold out and due to be shipped mid-May. Try to get in on the next sampling. Most definitely worth the wait.

SydnorIII, Sproaty and Grega like this.
  6. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Al Hareem by Sultan Pasha. Normally I get tired of Oud/Rose, but I love this one every time I wear it.

Sproaty, cau and Bryan-I like this.
  7. cau

SP Fougere Noire. Quality, yes, but I'd rather wear Azzaro pour homme. This is another study; successful as such, but nothing I would buy or choose to wear.

Sproaty likes this.
  8. Bryan-I

Bryan-I Oud Fan

Musk Rose by RPP. I added some grains to put some more musk to it.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

cau and Oudamberlove like this.

Promote Oud!