Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Muhammed Afthab

Muhammed Afthab Just Arrived

Made my own blend. Decanted the 2ml Lhuire Exquise sample of Bortnikoff and mixed it with local Cambodi oud from a Dubai souq. Enjoying every bit.

SydnorIII, Sproaty and Ashfaque like this.
  2. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Today i had the honor to wear a blend that was made by my brother @Hamza H.
    I dont know the exact ingredients but I know there is: different ouds, sandalwood and musk. The dark oud and the musk worked so well together.

Watch out perfumers, talanted competition is on the way :)

SydnorIII, Ashfaque, Grega and 4 others like this.
  3. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Testing like 8 different SP oils, Moonlight Reverie, Ambrecuir, Nankun Kodo, l'heure d'or, Nuit Persane, new vs. old Incense, Vetiver Blanc, Etude Fougere

oh my! Not too keen on the Moonlight one, it has a weird floral note that's really pronounced and I'm not liking (maybe tuberose?). I think it's this anyway, got a bit overwhelmed with what scent is where!!

also either Ambrecuir or Nankun Kodo are kicking tremendous ass, I will wear these on Monday/Tuesday as my SOTD. The fougere one is great but I like the Fougere Noir a bit more

SydnorIII, cau, Grega and 3 others like this.
  4. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Dewaniya (Sultan Pasha) - spicy, resinous and oudelicious. :handok:

5. cau

cau Whats this Oud About?

SP Aurum d'Angkhor.

SydnorIII, Dan and Ashfaque like this.
  6. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

Heard alot about this Attar please share your views?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Grega likes this.
  7. Elixir Attar

Elixir Attar Oud Fan

Spirit of Japan:handsopen:

Attached Files:

Woodland Note, SydnorIII and Sproaty like this.
  8. cau

Link to an earlier post:
    Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Dan and SydnorIII like this.
  9. Sproaty

Sultan Pasha's Ambrecuir today. It's good but on my first proper wear it hasn't impressed me as much as others. Will see how I feel about it in future wears (whenever that may be!)

cau and Dan like this.
  10. cau

Ambrecuir is a heavy library leather. I don't get much else. Tastefully done, but I was not impressed either. I retry it every now and then, same result. If I want leather I go for the Knize Ten...

Sproaty likes this.
  11. cau

SP Oud Requiem from an older sample. The death and decay notes from his Thebes 1 are present here. I like this a lot; too bad it's discontinued...

Sproaty and Dan like this.
  12. Bryan-I

Bryan-I Oud Fan

Sicilian Vanilla by RPP. Goes nicely with cool weather.

Sproaty likes this.
  13. Sproaty

I didn't get much leather from it but I'm somewhat anosmic to leather accords in fragrances

cau likes this.
  14. cau

Smells to me exactly like SP's description and motivation. Rich, warm leather. Not sweet. No florals at all. Smoky, but not like Patchouli 24 or Lonesome Rider, ie no smokestacks or campfires. It is named Ambre, but it's all leather to me.

15. Elixir Attar

Elixir Attar Oud Fan

16. Elixir Attar

Elixir Attar Oud Fan

17. soulfoud

soulfoud Just Arrived

(Let's try putting this in the correct forum...)

Amber Oud from Agarwood Assam. Strong and deep shamama, rather spicy up front, melting into a blissful oudy drydown.

cau, Ashfaque and Sproaty like this.
  18. cau

SP Carnival d'Havana. Fruit and booze, just like it's named. Not an everyday wear but fun for the weekend.

Sproaty likes this.
  19. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan Staff Member

Tudor Rose by Mellifluence (courtesy of @Grega) – However not on my own skin, but my mom's.
    I was chatting with her about perfumes, and I swiped her with it. She seemed quite impressed and thrilled about this fragrance, saying lots of complements.

Uhm, it’s so potent I can smell it everywhere now, even though I did not swipe myself with it, and I’m now in the other room, and she is outdoor. Very opulent aroma of sandalwood, rose, nice patchouli (even for me, as I’m not a big fan of patchouli)... and other things, but other things more in the background.

I don’t know why but images of some thorny plants like carduus, old books, possibly even a whole library, and wild rose bushes... pop into my mind. Well, wild roses is actually explainable.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Grega, Sproaty and powdernose like this.
  20. Sproaty

sounds great! I've been revisiting my Mellifluence attars as I've somewhat neglected them and haven't even worn them all, so have been fixing that.

Today I have on, Khasiana II, Zenith and another which I forgot!
    Also Sultan Leather Attar by Ensar, I really like this but similar to EO1 EDP which I own

Woodland Note and Grega like this.

Promote Oud!