Anwar

True Ouddict
AWI East Timur Santalum Album Sandalwood Oil. Close to Mysore. Gingery. You might almost want to drink it. It's like an all in one elixir whose drydown is a stunning perfume that you may not expect.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
2 by Mellifluence before bed, a very quick test. been on skin for 20mins or so and I've rubbed the oils in slightly

Racine
Somewhat dark but perhaps not "rich" like with a Sultan Pasha attar, comes across as ethereal. The musk is there but definitely not at the forefront like with ASO's musk attars.

Menthe d'Agar
yes, very pepperminty and sweet, I'm not getting too much oud but it's probably mixing in and not poking through.

I've bought 4 oils and was kindly sent another 4, so have a load of new scents to get through! I'm still not totally familiar with the oils I bought Abdullah back in, oh, June or so? time flies

p.s. did anyone notice that I'm now a staff member?! You all better be on your best behaviour! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Ninja:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
Wore Vetiver Nocturne by Bortnikoff. Very surprising. The Thai Oud hides well within the florals.

Grega

True Ouddict
2 by Mellifluence before bed, a very quick test. been on skin for 20mins or so and I've rubbed the oils in slightly

Racine
Somewhat dark but perhaps not "rich" like with a Sultan Pasha attar, comes across as ethereal. The musk is there but definitely not at the forefront like with ASO's musk attars.

Menthe d'Agar
yes, very pepperminty and sweet, I'm not getting too much oud but it's probably mixing in and not poking through.

I've bought 4 oils and was kindly sent another 4, so have a load of new scents to get through! I'm still not totally familiar with the oils I bought Abdullah back in, oh, June or so? time flies

p.s. did anyone notice that I'm now a staff member?! You all better be on your best behaviour! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Ninja:
Dear Sproaty congratulations! We are indeed in good hands :)

Racine is one of my favorite scents from last year. Especially as it settles and you get that beautiful subtle aroma of labdanum, resins and lichen in perfect harmony. That small amount of musk makes them smell like they were being heated on embers. I feel that a more pronounced musk note would kill this effect.

janturk47

Oud Beginner
Sheikh Al Faransi is a completely natural attar. I asked them about this. and so they answered. Sheikh Al Faransi is also a great attar to me

Reactions: Dan

Chipkill

Oud Beginner
EO Musc 1984

half swipe few days ago -- pal's Maltese dog was stuck to my leg

full swipe couple of days ago -- A feral cat followed me to the parking lot/car and stared at me for a good 20 secs

Are these signs of something ominous, or effects of Musk? :D:Whistling:

Experts, help!!

Last edited:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
Truffe Blanche by Sultan Pasha. Nice lemon. I can recognize the truffles. Earthy but not dirty. To be honest, I much prefer the dirty lemon of Eau Sauvage.

That one reminds me of baking with my Grandma in her kitchen. It also turned me around on Rosa Alba. Excellent stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Malik Al Taif (ALD) earlier today (on skin) - an olfactive orchestra of deer musk, rose (Taif and Indian) and oud. The scent progression on skin is far more complex than on clothes. Starts off with rose, then whilst it was slightly windy in mosque, I could clearly smell deer musk (just like a maceration in sandalwood), followed by an Indian oud, always dignified, never too loud. The oud part was a revelation to me as I 1st thought that someone else was wearing oud! In the later stages, the rose become almost like a dry down of a rose absolute - sweeter and ambery. There is also a hint of saffron making a bit dry and austere along with that humming oudiness.

I wish I could afford 10 bottles of it!