Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Nankun Kodo (First Impression): The way a tea like smell, spices and a distant smoke interact on my skin is very calming. It is beyond beautiful. You have captured the smell of of Shoyeido’s NK in the best possible way. I will have to get more Nankun Kodo (Southern Wind) sticks and burn them on my DIY heater whilst wearing this. Love the way Japanese cedar imparts and compliments with its smoky and woody qualities here. The smoke here is a complicated one which may appear simple. To my nose, it is a combination of cedar, possibly some cypress, clove (a smell that we get immediately after it’s peppery facet or thereabouts), the heart of rectified birch tar, perhaps star anise and a touch of oud. This attar is so comforting – especially in cold weather.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Le Rayon Vert (Sultan Pasha) - imagine a large uncut diamond of floral bouquet that is expertly cut and shaped with bright and dark greens to give it dimensions and to display their vernal beauties.

This one seems to me to very much be a gesture towards Chypres of the 1960s... it has all the green and a subtle “cigarette” note. This was a huge thing back then since everyone smoked. Cabochard by Gres used to have that note in the vintage edition(my mom used to wear it when she was young and has some vintage bottles). I love it. I love Sultan’s finesse in recreating French style perfumes as Attars.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
He won’t let me buy ahead of time. I’m not on the cool guy list I guess haha! I’ve been trying to prepay and everything for the last few weeks. He keeps saying “just wait”.
Sorry to hear that brother.
@Proust Madeleine My favorite of the bunch is Java. But, yes, I find Khmer Kinam better than Kinam attar which was the first release. Need to do a side by side.

Bilal

True Ouddict
He won’t let me buy ahead of time. I’m not on the cool guy list I guess haha! I’ve been trying to prepay and everything for the last few weeks. He keeps saying “just wait”.

It takes time to build relationships br! Who knows, maybe this time next year (after spending a few k with the brand ofc) you might just make it on that very exclusive list :Roflmao:

Dan

True Ouddict
Bro Taha did give a few private sale but due to the increase in demand he stopped. Even his closest buyers he's saying wait. Because he is in Canada and his team is first time doing the shipment.

He wants everything perfect this time unlike his series 2 launch.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Ahmed S

Oud Beginner
AA third collection - Anyone who has had access to the early release haven’t given a review yet - just to say they have them and which ones they prefer. I’m not sure how to interpret