1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

I love hearing this. I truly have no doubt that it is heaven for the person who connects with it. There is much that I love, even. My westernized brain makes deep and immediate connections with Sultan Pasha, who filters everything through the European sensibility. And Elixir is so clearly top quality. When he makes the western style fragrances, I swoon. So the quality and skill is never in doubt. I’m torn between keeping it and trying to learn from it and selling it to someone who can truly love it.

2. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods True Ouddict

3. Mustafa

Mustafa True Ouddict

Again you are spot on with you analysis. Brother Sultan has the gift of taming the bold ingredients to make it work for western noses.

4. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

:O :O

Proust Madeleine likes this.
  5. Ouds student

Ouds student True Ouddict

Ruh Khus by Agarwood Assam with Oud Alamir by MasionAnthonyMarmin, one drop each..guys its amazing how Mr.Anthony's attars juat get enhanced when adding a drop of natural note or a drop of natural attar from a different artist... this perticular mix is giving off a smell of a woods with wet earth and grass around , something you would smell after some rain near a costal region.

6. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Nuit Persane - honey-laced saffron bomb, touched by swoon-worthy rose and jasmine. Might layer it later with some deer musk maceration & saffron tincture for some extra kick. Love this stuff.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Perfect for cold weather !

8. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

L'Heure D'Or - little musky beast in all the good ways.

9. Proust Madeleine

this one sometimes gets overlooked. But for a more affordable choice, this one is incredible!

Oudamberlove and Ashfaque like this.
  10. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Received my ALD6 sample set today. Three of them leaked. :(

Anyway, wearing Grandenia now. Other than the bright citrusy opening, and a more muksier facet in the heart (that also rolls over at the dry down), it smells quite similar to East by Teone Reinthal. Just first impression on skin, will see how it develops.

11. Ouds student

Oud Douce Amère by Sultan Pasha Attars .. feeling levitated and grounded at the same time. A good way to relax after dinner and listen to some old classics while enjoying some nice cool breeze . Wish you all had a pleasant Sunday as well :)

12. Proust Madeleine

Chypre Narcisse by Sultan Pasha. Blind bought, as SPA is my favorite, can do no wrong in my book. This one is not what I expected at all. Still wrapping my head around it. The top note reminds me of something. Sour, beautiful but very animalic. Castoreum like Cuirlilas. Citric acids like Monsieur-Oud, perhaps? Has anyone else experienced this attar. Is there Oud in here? Something screams ensar? Maybe EO2 elements? Hmmmm. Castoreum/musk/ambergris combo with florals, I believe this is the familiar element.

edit: Sultan says I’m probably recognizing some of the animalic Narcissus from Cheval D’arabie (which I practically bathe in). I think he may be right.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  13. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

Mellifluence Perfume - Paredolia 2
    The opening is heavy on labdanum. then black currant hits me. very astringent, deep.

14. Ouds student

Oh man, want to sample this one, did you get chance to put your nose on chypre Chrysanthem

Proust Madeleine likes this.
  15. Proust Madeleine

yes, Sultan enclosed a sample. Almost the opposite experience from Narcisse: CC is cool green, minty floral.

also Basmati Rose which I was going to give to my girl but it is stunning. The rose in it is out of this world and the Basmati Rice accord isn’t as gourmand as I expected. It reminds me that Indian Desserts are so beautiful not because they are sweet but because they are fragrant.

16. Ouds student

CC and BR both Sounds intriguing, I am going to try and sample them. Thanks for adding the feedback of BR too , thats like me receiving a extra sample from Mr.Pasha .

17. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

Mellifluence Perfume - Spirit of Naarda 2
    I love this icy cold lavender blend. it helps me slient thoughts.
    unfortunately, now I have only about 0.1ml... :Cry:

18. Proust Madeleine

Le Rayon Vert / Sultan Pasha. Beautiful green morning.

Oudamberlove and Ouds student like this.
  19. Ouds student

Fougure Noir by Sultan Pasha attar.. tropical beach vibes :D

IntheRedwoods and Oudamberlove like this.
  20. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Night swipes with [mention]Ulugbek Abdumominov [/mention] Mysore Sandalwood.

So beautiful and creamy. Love it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IntheRedwoods and Oudamberlove like this.

Promote Oud!