1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Very very tenacious. As an absolute, it is very heavy in base notes. This is like liquid resin basically. It you apply too much, it is sticky to the point of being annoying.

Sproaty, Taesik Yun and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

L'Éphémère (Sultan Pasha) - gorgeous, dark, high pitched, honey- and saffron-laced rose attar.

3. halim

halim Oud Relax

how do you compare al hareer with the ghaliyah fleuri animalic the heavy creamy one i love this one for me is the best of this house in my opinion

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  4. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Sultan Pasha - Juriah

Amazing mature rose blend. Everything you'd want in a Taifi rose based attar. It isn't sharp and has matured very nicely. Has a slight incense feeling to it also.

Loving it ❤

5. Ouds student

Ouds student True Ouddict

Shamama tul Amber by Agarwood Assam..feeling the ancient vibe in it today, a subtle and smooth transitional attar, atleast from top to heart notes.

Ashfaque, Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  6. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Sandalwood plus agarwood is generally something i hate. But I had a good experience. On my forearm a few drops of sandalwood oil from Rksons. $2 per gram, nice fragrant sandalwood with an excellent dry down. Acceptable top notes. On my wrist a smear of no-soak thai oil distilled by Russian Adam. One of his "bio" oils but not the chan ko or other set. This oil I am ambivalent about. A mixed bag. Like it from afar, a little cloying up close.

I kind of forgot about these for a while but all day I'm getting these crazy tangy wood whiffs as the sandalwood heart and base blend with the syrupy sweetness of the thai Oud. Not a bad thing at all.

Oudamberlove and Sproaty like this.
  7. Mustafa

Mustafa True Ouddict

Can't compare mate. Two completely different leage with different opening, heart note and dry down. Both equally beautiful. Depends on the mood. Some days i crave tareeq al hareer really bad. Specially on cold days. It's just so warm and beautifully masculine.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  8. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Not really an attar, but whatever.
    Earlier today I had on Rising Phoenix's Hyraceum attar. I put a lot on and the animalic facets hit me like it never has before. VERY intense for the first 30minutes before blending into the sandalwood and becoming less fierce. Very intersting!
    At the same time I had on Imperial Oud's Mysuru Ambur (sandalwood/ambregris blend) - very good here. I think I prefer Tyson's (can't recall its name) as the ambergris is more pronounced.

Now I'm wearing a Tonka bean extract and civet oil from Apocathary's Garden (on etsy). At first the civet was quite time but after no less than a minute it sprang to the front, boom, animalics in your face. Good stuff! It's very floral but with a cool kick to it.
    Tonka's interesting. Sweet, not sure how to describe it with words really. Veltvety, textured, soft... I'd never smelled it by itself so it's good to try like this. I can now sense note this fragrances better. Hurrah!

9. Ouds student

Attar At by Taur + Al-Ghaliyah Bulgare Fleuri Et Animalique by Elixar Attar.. this creates a complete rounded scent for me, I enjoy bold strong attars like Attar At but I feel it show cases only one side of the coin , like its polarizing hard towards one end of the spectrum..while the Ghaliya which has the softness of some rose musk, It adds a delicate nature to this beast .
    Beautiful mix for me..showcases elegance :)

10. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Chyrpe Mystique by Sultan Pasha! Top notes are burst of exotic and narcotique flowers.

I really love the dry downs when ambergris and sandalwood comes into play.

All the flower power is now toned down to this beautiful balanced dry down and with a lot of depth and dimensions to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  11. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Agarwood Assam Attar Silsila

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

12. Bilal

Bilal True Ouddict

The weather's cooled down by a few degrees today, so went with Cohiban Coffee by Elixir attar.Wasn't sure this would be to my liking as I don't smoke and not particularly fond of the smell of tobacco either.

When I first wore this, the weather was hot and humid and I found this a little muffled and indistinct.Today, after an initial blast of tobacco, the sweet chocolate and jasmine notes are really popping off my skin which I'm really digging ما شاء الله

I'll probably save the rest of my sample for the winter months to see if it blossoms even further before I make my final conclusions.

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  13. Ouds student

Sheikh Al Faransi by Maison Anthony Marmin+ Taif Rose attar by TRNP.. I can visualize a classy romantic dinner at a gentleman's dinner or something that I would like to wear for a candle light dinner.. I feel the taif rose attar literally enhanced the depth of Sheikh Alfransi attar here .

14. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

Narasimha by Prissana. Used to dislike this and thought it smelled one-dimensional. Today I put it on after wearing emperor hind last night and I could smell interesting top/heart and base notes. Nice.

punmaster and Oudamberlove like this.
  15. Ouds student

Guys anybody got any feedback on the Sultan Leather attar with the manipur oud in it ?

Taesik Yun likes this.
  16. halim

halim Oud Relax

samarqand ASO very wet earthy opening and become sweet with nuts note but waves of earthy here to the dry down unusual attar dont know if like it or not

17. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

I get alot of vetiver in the opening with a musky opening. Also vanilla sweetness.

halim, Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  18. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

Night Song by TRNP. Sweet floral Hindi opening, darker tobacco Vietnam drydown

19. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

My wife just received 3 samples of eau de parfum
    from a famous Fashion/Malletier Company.

I said “what the hey”, and tried them.

It’s nice to smell interesting blends, even a little enjoyable. But screeeeeeeeech!@/<<<>>>>
    put on the brakes.
    Using my olfactory senses to listen to lab created
    aromas, is very strange, when daily I listen to nature’s aromas.
    Not that one is better than the other, it can be a preference thing, and I can’t help but think how we shouldn’t dissect life, but rather enjoy it as it is.

So to set things right, I washed the edps off
    and put on a thick swipe of my strongest
    maceration of Kashmiri musk in sandalwood oil.
    Yessssss:Thumbsup:

iori, Bilal, Taesik Yun and 3 others like this.
  20. Bilal

Bilal True Ouddict

Naughty Naughty! Glad you quickly saw the error of your ways ;)

Oudamberlove likes this.

Promote Oud!