1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attar/Mukhallat of the Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by Ouddict, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mario P.

Mario P. True Ouddict

Thanks brothers for all your suport and kind words. Hopefully will be more of this kind of projects for future

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. Bilal

Bilal True Ouddict

JazakAllah Khair for the heads up and the in depth review Josh.

Hope to check it out once it's released inshaAllah!

Dan likes this.
  3. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Etude en Fougere (SP) - jovial green attar.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  4. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

600_black.jpg
    Cohiban Coffee by Elixir Attar is a gourmand attar that transports you to the streets of Havana(Cuba).

Elixir Attar sent me a sample bottle of Cohiban cigar tincture that was used as a key ingredient for creating this attar.
    So I was able to compare it with Cohiban Coffee side by side.

This cigar tincture is made of one of the most expensive and famous Cohiba's 2019 limited edition Siglo cigars. it has a soft yet, profound sweet chocolate-like smell with a slight indolic floral touch. It felt obvious why Elixir Attar used jasmine, chocolate to make Cohiban Coffee. the tincture itself already has those facets in it and Elixir Attar just externalized it.

So, what does it really smells like?

Cohiban Coffee opens up with luscious jasmine, dark chocolate, and smokey, yet pleasant cigar note. cigar note here has swede like the smooth texture and complex scent that I mentioned above.
    The jasmine in the top notes has an indolic feeling so some might feel it unpleasant.

as the scent develops, jasmine disappears and cigar note becomes more distinctive. it mixed with honey, chocolate, coffee note and gives off chewy caramel toffee-like sweet fragrance.
    This sweet fragrance continues until the end and mixed with creamy sandalwood.

Cohiban Coffee projects strongly about 4 hours and after that sits more close to the skin for about 3 hours.
    It is more suitable to wear in colder weather and I'd think it would go well with a person like John Leguizamo or Camila Cabello.

@Elixir Attar Sweeet. :Inlove:

5. Bilal

Bilal True Ouddict

Attar of the day: Spirit of Arabia by Elixir Attar

First impressions-ما شاء الله
    this is such a wonderful attar.It's as if I'm a walking bakhoor burner lol without the smoke.Although this contains frankincense, my nose doesn't really pick it up but rather chooses to focus on its dark, spicy sweet facets which I believe is from the interplay of the musk, rose, patchouli, dates resinoid, guaiac wood and tobacco.

From what I understand so far, I think these notes would work really well in the cooler months/summer evenings as it would allow the resins and spices to really showcase their beauty against the cold wind.

Really looking forward to exploring this in more depth and see how it progresses on my skin in this hot humid weather.Not much seems to work in these conditions as I'm just sweating it all off ;(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  6. Taesik Yun

Mellifluence's Spirit of Naarda 2.
    Icy lavender, musk, iris.
    love this stuff. it has a breathtakingly beautiful lavender.
    I was anxious but this one nourished me to calm down...

Oudamberlove and Bilal like this.
  7. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods True Ouddict

AA - Blu
    Nice for a warm summer day. I like AA’s recent Attar offerings.

punmaster and Oudamberlove like this.
  8. Taesik Yun

Mellifluence's Spirit of Naarda 2
    RBO's Bangladesh vetiver, sandalwoods(heart, root)

A perfect combo for hot summer.

punmaster and Oudamberlove like this.
  9. iori

iori N00bHead

JK Man Musk!
    peaceful and delicious stuff <3

Singularious and Oudamberlove like this.
  10. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Oud Fanatic

Bortnikoff Triad. It's become utterly clear to me, I just cannot tolerate anything even remotely powdery or soapy.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  11. Singularious

Singularious Whats this Oud About?

I love this one.

I am wearing Attar Aftab from Agarwood Assam this morning. I am still figuring out the almost molasses dull sweetness to it. But I am enjoying the blend.

Oudamberlove, Taesik Yun and iori like this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud, Musk, Snadal & Rose: Beauty lies in proportion.
    IMG20200819224635.jpg

Ashfaque, Oudamberlove and Tarik like this.
  13. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Elixir attar , ghaliya al firdous.

Green Apple, Roses, sweet nectar and an oh so soft lovely powdery musk...:Inlove:

14. Mustafa

Mustafa True Ouddict

Totally agree with you. The smoothness of Ghaliya is just fantastic. It's addictive in a good way.

Oudamberlove and punmaster like this.
  15. Taesik Yun

Elixir Attar - Iris Chypre.
    without a doubt one of the best chypre available in the market.

16. Mustafa

Mustafa True Ouddict

Can't agree more with you. It's a masterpiece.

17. Bilal

Bilal True Ouddict

Scent of the evening: Oud Maximus 19 by Bortnikoff

Don't get the hype with this one. It starts off promising with notes of rose, cardamom and an amalgamation of 3 different ouds, but ultimately its just way too band-aidy/astringent smelling.For me, this lacks any real scent progression, whilst performance is much to be desired.

P.S I've never experienced this before, but it doesn't help either that on every application,I've felt a burning sensation on my skin until I washed it off.
    Its probably down to the heavy spices rather than an allergic reaction though, as there was no swelling or redness seen.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Oudamberlove likes this.
  18. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Attar of Roses - soft, beautiful, somewhat incensy, green, and acute rose soliflore from Teone Reinthal.

Oudamberlove and Bryan-I like this.
  19. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Agar aura oud fougeree.

Striking blend. Very lively. fresh, minty, Amber, cinnamon, rose. I don't think there's actual cinnamon in here, but it sure does have a spicy profile.

Good stuff :Inlove:

20. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Rose, Hindi Oud & Sandal Blend: After rain when air is already fragrant, aroma of this blend bloomed and blossomed in a beautiful way. Just a few drops of musk sandal maceration had been mixed in it. First bite of Rose and Hindi Oud is really beautiful.

Promote Oud!