Aroha Kyaku 2018 By Ensar Oud: Review

Discussion in 'Oud Reviews' started by Bitcoin Benji, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Bitcoin Benji

Bitcoin Benji Just Arrived

The scent from just the applicator is that of an amalgamation of heavy smoke, slightly skanky musk, and small hints of dark sweet fruits and a nice medicinal woodiness.

At the beginning of the drydown it evolved into a nice dark smoking campfire that has died down and it leaves you with a warm and heavy smokiness that stains your clothes for many days. The predominantly smokey accord then exits the stage and allows that other accords to show off.
    On my skin, it turned into an amazingly skanky leather and medicinal accord that has a very small hint of dark sweet molasses that balances the accord at this stage. After more time, the skankiness calms down into a soft/fresh leather, while the medicinal accord morphs into a clay-like earthiness, and the smokiness gently comes back, just like when you put on the same pair of pants or sweatshirt you wore to a campfire a few days prior.

Now I am smelling my skin and then the applicator, and the contrast is absolutely amazing! The oud oil comes off a lot sweeter than my first experience smelling the applicator. The skankiness and smokiness is still there, but I get the medicinal quality far more now, and a new side of the sweetness that isn't fruity; chocolate! I love doing this because I experience more from it and I get to truly understand how much it really changes after being put on skin.

This oud fits the fall and winter season extremely well, because of its dark and harsh masculine quality that exudes strength and confidence.

I have many other Ensar Oud products that I will review, but I have the lack of time. Don't worry though, I'll make sure to review them all, along with new ones.

~Benji

Bruce Evey, tyson and Arsalan like this.
  2. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

is this the currently available 2018 version?
    Seems like there have been a few versions...

Bitcoin Benji likes this.
  3. Bitcoin Benji

Yes, it's the 2018 version.
    I forgot to add that. I'll edit it now.

Arsalan likes this.
  4. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

Oh Alhamdullilah i wanted someone to review the new one,btw u see any difference between old and new batch

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

Bitcoin Benji likes this.
  5. Bitcoin Benji

Sadly, I never purchased the other versions when they were out.
    After experiencing this one, I'm really regretting not get them....

6. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

Believe me dear brother i love smoky oils and the old aroha kyaku and ltd loved both its just like so smoky white smoke but as adam said this new batch more like grey smoke .but hesistant if they might have changed the new batch
    Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

Ouddict and Bitcoin Benji like this.
  7. Ouds student

Ouds student Just Arrived

Its a Strong oud. Dominant and Robust.. Authoratative, confident and positively dark .
    Lasted easy 8hrs plus with 2 small swipes almost like 2 dabs
    I wore it in the morning and all the way upto the evening it was alive..what i mean is that i did not experience any olfactory fatigue , this oud was right up in my head and i sure did enjoy its company .

Ouddict and Sproaty like this.
  8. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly Staff Member

Great review, and welcome to the forum! :)

Ouddict likes this.
  9. Ouds student

Ouds student Just Arrived

Thank you sir :)

Ouddict likes this.
  10. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

Welcome!

Hamza H likes this.

Promote Oud!