1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Areej 6 Sampler Just In

Discussion in 'Perfume Corner' started by Proust Madeleine, Sep 1, 2020.

1. mlb78

mlb78 Whats this Oud About?

Musk Lave: this scent is a really close to smell of the aftershave my barber used to put on back of my neck and forehead when he would trim my edges. Pleasant but very old timey.

Taesik Yun and Proust Madeleine like this.
  2. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods Oud Fanatic

Agreed...hours deep and I’m feeling the Tonka. Honestly I love all of the set I’ve tried this far.

Proust Madeleine likes this.
  3. I think it’s really good.

4. Attar Oudh

Attar Oudh Whats this Oud About?

My opinion is bit contradictory ..sorry to say but except Agar de Noir n Grandenia to some extent others r not so interesting!! Cuir de russie n Grandenia are similar to Antiquity n war n peace combo with added floral elements in Grandenia...Santal galore didn't smell so Regal either as was portrayed... Musk lave is another disappointment.

Proust Madeleine and Bryan-I like this.
  5. isnt that the beauty of this stuff! We all get a bit different ideas from them.

6. Attar Oudh

Ald 5th release was my first experience n was amazed by the uniqueness.. however I expected same unique scents this time too...

7. interesting, I know a lot of people feel 5 was the least unique of all their collections(I thought it was great too, Antiquity & W&P1 especially).

Attar Oudh likes this.
  8. Attar Oudh

Even Plumeria n Siberian summer were different... N 4 th one was probably different too.. as I tried Malik al taif..

9. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Agar de Noir - if sultan pasha ever made Parfume extrait for Aurum d’anghkor then it is agar de noir by ALD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attar Oudh likes this.
  10. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Whats this Oud About?

What do you guys think about drydown for Santal Galore ?
    I was really excited with the opening notes and thought that this one is bottle worthy. Idk, I get this waxy, soapy vibe on my skin, which i don't adore.

I just tried Santal Galore on skin. Musk lave smells awesome from the bottle. Going to give it a try next.
    All the perfumes smell really nice though. I feel like, i was kinda let down by Santal Galore. But, Adam has set the bar really freakin high.

Please share your thoughts.

11. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods Oud Fanatic

I really connected to the drydown, but mainly because it reminded me of my childhood. Something familiar from a long time ago and far away.

Himanshu Sharma likes this.
  12. Mustafa

Mustafa Oud Fan

Hmm, interesting. Is the weather hot now? or cold? Did you go for a walkabout in the sun wearing it? or applied at night?

13. Attar Oudh

Yes brother , the dry down is not rich or that interesting... Even I smelled the sweet n pinching note in the drydown more not matching sandalwood note .. may b this is Durian note .. but I was disappointed with santal galore too...

14. Attar Oudh

Agar de noir is the most likeable from this release for me ...

15. Himanshu Sharma

So true. That's what i love about scents from Areej Le Dore. They are so reminiscent of my childhood. It just makes me feel a certain way. And now, with brother adam using all these vintage ingredients, it is on another level.

16. Himanshu Sharma

I was in all day brother and temperature here in Boston is not that high either.

17. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  18. Mustafa

Mustafa Oud Fan

Just received my samples this morning. Wearing them throughout the day Firstly, Let me clarify something, I judge a perfume by what I smell only. Based on that criteria my first impressions -

Cuir de Russie: Beautiful composition. Uplifting, fantastic scent bubble around me, tremendous longevity. Very balanced, birch tar is not jumping out over everything else. Musk and Amber working nicely at the background.

Agar de Noir: It was described as dark. Some people found similarity with Coffee Luwak which I am a huge fan of (Even got a backup bottle Lol). Hence, to my nose Agar de Noir is not dark in comparison. It opens with prominent Oud fragrance but becomes subtle within about half an hour. The sweetness appears from the veil and lasts for long long time. Personally I wouldn't compare it with Luwak which is a true beast.

Grandenia: Nice, pleasant, easy going. Nice innovative composition. Not my type of scent.

Musk Lave: Too early for me to comment. Need few days of wear.

Santal Galore: People from Asia specially subcontinent will relate to this cord. Sandalwood is a staple and we are very familiar with Durian notes. But this fragrance has none of the challenging durian notes. Rather it is a sweet addictive combination of santal and durian. Musk pod plays a pivotal role to lift up the notes. Santal Galore is truly in beast mood. It lasts for hours on skin. Even after washing hands with soap or taking a shower, I can easily smell the sweet accord without bringing my wrist close to the nose. If I am brutally honest, it is a true work of art and innovation by Brother Adam. Barakallahu feehim.

Promote Oud!