• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Ambergris

Hamza H

True Ouddict
Hello everyone :)

I’m taking in new orders for ambergris this week.
Currently offering both white and brown ambergris. This is the first time brown is being stocked in quite a long time.

message me to enquire prices both for small pieces and larger quantities :)

Instagram DM @theattarstore
Email [email protected]
Or message me on Ouddict.

zahir

True Ouddict
I personally use it as a fixative in my blends and to add depth It’s a perfumers tool
I figured that it's mostly used by perfumers or hobby attar makers. But beyond that, I am genuinely curious if ambergis has any benefit for anyone else.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I figured that it's mostly used by perfumers or hobby attar makers. But beyond that, I am genuinely curious if ambergis has any benefit for anyone else.
It can be used in macerating musk. It can be added to help bring out deeper notes through longevity. In my sandalwood macerations it adds a slightly salty, sea breezy scent even though it is mostly neutral. But the older white ambergris I think definitely brings out more from the oil and allows the natural scent to linger around more it "fixes" the underling scent to stay for longer.
The different varieties of ambergris can add their own unique scent. Fresh black sticky ambergris can be very fecally but or fresh.

zahir

True Ouddict
macerations, blends, incense etc.
Put another way, unless you know what you're gonna do with it and unless you're experienced in using it, one may not use it fully? 😅 Such as myself. I don't have the time to grind it up and soak it in macerations or make some incense with it 😅 not to deter people from buying it but just to make sure there isn't any use of ambergis that I've not aware of or missing out on.

Hamza H

True Ouddict
Put another way, unless you know what you're gonna do with it and unless you're experienced in using it, one may not use it fully? 😅 Such as myself. I don't have the time to grind it up and soak it in macerations or make some incense with it 😅 not to deter people from buying it but just to make sure there isn't any use of ambergis that I've not aware of or missing out on.

No, one may burn it, put it inside ethanol, sandalwood oil, Oud oils, mukhallats and do so much more.

There’s plenty of perfumery resources out there, no prior experience required! Optimism is key.