Al Hashimi - Tawi Sultan

Discussion in 'Al Hashimi' started by Alkhadra, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Alkhadra

Alkhadra "Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan

Assalamu Alaykm and hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well.

Ever wanted to stock up fast on some yummy Oud but have been waiting for a good chance to do so? :Roflmao:

FSU10.jpg
    Tawi Sultan

JUNGLE: TAWI TAWI, THE PHILIPPINES
    Notes: honey, cloves, tarragon, earth, hints of forest greenery

I’ve only been in the Oud world for a few years now, and yet, I’ve witnessed the higher grades of Malay and Indo Oud become inaccessible, as well as the price of exceptional Walla Patta pieces sky rocket. Make no mistake, the same will happen with the Philippines, it’s only a matter of time.

While I’m not going to pull out random dates out of my head like many have done so in the past, claiming there will be zero wild Oud left in 2012, then changing the date to 2016, then 2018, and so on… What I can say is that things are just going to get more expensive as they get rarer. Oud will never go extinct, the stuff breeds faster than rabbits, but as everything else in this world, it takes time. The near future may be bleak, but the far future is far from it!

For those of you who have missed out on our previous releases of Fili Oud, now is your chance to stock up! This stuff isn’t sinking, and the price reflects that, but in all honesty, when it comes to old growth mother trees, sinking doesn’t make or break the profile.

Throw some on the burner and get hit with that ultra umami gourmand profile the Philippines is known for. The fact that this is Tawi Tawi gives it that special hint of greenery, which I’ve found adds an extra dimension of complexity over it’s Mindanao counterpart.

You can find it here: https://alhashimi.com/shop/tawi-sultan/

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Imran297, Ashfaque, AbasFrag and 5 others like this.
  2. OudGood

OudGood True Ouddict

Good to see a new release !

Alkhadra likes this.
  3. hedycent

hedycent True Ouddict

Old growth wood from Phuket island, that's a modern miracle. I'm now planning making some sticks and bringing them to a serene Thai mountain cabin , no phone , no booze, no pets(human)

Alkhadra, Ashfaque, Joe King and 2 others like this.
  4. hedycent

hedycent True Ouddict

Oooooo my Phuket woods just arrived, beyond my expectations ! Well done mo chairde.
    I'm now wondering.... I was in Phuket 30 years ago , I was shown a big old protected agarwood tree by a temple , could this wood be from that same tree . Might be my second chance to hug it :Inlove:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    AbasFrag and Alkhadra like this.

Promote Oud!