Same name, same price, drastically different actual product. Confidence inspiring as a company.

I do, and anybody should, honor and respect TWIS for first GCMS'ing the product and choosing to be forthright about them.

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇ Mandeel AlMandeel that you did not like OM4 and OM5 or found them to be rubbish, has absolutely no bearing on if they were independently GCMS'd and proven to be adulterated nor were they named the same and were indeed different products. The only possible and relevant reason for you referencing them, just like the new batches of Thaqeel, is that you did not like them.⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
OM4 are one of my favourite classic cambodian and OM5 are not same and so low oil and not same !

ok lets see GCMC of mr mark then tell that! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me' date=' I want complete honesty. As [b']drouhin [/b]says, there are certainly things that can be overlooked, accidental inclusions. It comes down to this... were there ANY lies or deception along the way of production? Wood that isn't wild but is claiming to be so? Wood that is from a 10 year old tree but is claimed to be 100 years old? Anything at all added (and not disclosed) to make it go further, last longer, smell better? Does it claim to be from one tree but is actually from many? Wood from Thailand that is said to be from Cambodia? If there is even one untruth, from the agarwood hunters all the way to the vendor who sold it to me, then I don't really want the oil... no matter how great it smells. Now, if the vendor is upfront, saying they aren't sure of purity or don't know how old the wood is, fine, I can accept that. But if I buy a "Cambodian oud, distilled from a wild, 85 year old tree, aged for the past fifteen years"... that's exactly what I want. As a buyer, I have to be able to trust that what I'm getting is the real deal.
the problem here are some members with more respect they rent them mind to another person they believe everything from him like 120 year tree like 100 year wild logs crushed to distillation they enjoy fantasy movies

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried ASAQ Kalakassi 80yr and Kannam pre reformulated from TWIS. I do not detect synthetics in Kalakassi, but I can tell Kannam has a tiny bit. Not as an extender, but as a scent flavor/definer. As for odorless adulterants, I can't tell if there is. Since these prereformulated batches were purchased last year, I'm sure they're no where near the Kalakassis and Thaqeels of many years ago.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Let's look at an example;

If there was an oudh oil distilled today from Central Malaysian Wild Oudh, and this oil was Named CMWO, it was sold in the market for 5 years, then the distiller goes back to the same jungles collects wood from the same species, and cooks the wood in the same way that CMWO was cooked. Can that distiller call the second batch CMWO? to him/her they have done everything exactly the same.

The oils will most likely smell different.

Second scenario,

The same distiller goes onto different jungles, collects different types of oudh woods, tweaks, tunes, heats, cools, dances on his head and produces an oil that smells exactly like the original CMWO, can he call it CMWO? he/she did everything totally different to what they done for the first CMWO.

The oils smell the same.

Are the metrics of measurement the same?

jalil

Oud bully
He cans give the name he wants...its just a commercial things. By the way he tells EXACTLY what is in the bottle.

But it can be a problem with collector because it can have error on what is exactly in the bottle.

So the good solution is to put 1/2/3/4 at the end of the name to differencies the batch.

For exemple al shareef 1 and al shareef 2 ;)

As we can see that some people do not care weather the oils offered by Ajmal are pure or not…

This tells us quite a lot actually…

Perhaps many rate the oils based only on a personal preference…

If the aroma is appealing and pleasant the oil is considered to be good or even a high quality…

I personally believe that there must be more clarity… At lest in our own understanding of different categories/types of scents…

Are we comparing and examining pure agarwood oils of a single origin?

Co-distillations? Pure agarwood oils of different origin blended together?

Infusions? Perhaps mukhallats or perfumes that also contains other ingredients apart from agarwood oil...

All those are completely different categories…

For instance one should not compare pure agarwood oil from a single origin with co-distillation.

Perfume with infusion and so on… Otherwise it may become very confusing… Sure it is already quite confusing… hihi

Mr.P

oud<3er
I have a small amount from 1998 or so… mesoud’s Cambodi Ateeq, to my nose, is pretty much a direct replacement for that oil as it was then. From the opening to the musky civet-like animalic notes, right down to the particular type of soaked woody base notes.

I don’t know what the current version of Amiri is like.