Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Folks do alcohol tinctures with agarwood chips. I think highly oily wood would do best - and ground up so there's a ton of surface area would have the most noticable effects.

I think the way it's done in bottles like you mentioned is 90% marketing and 10% for effect but I'm a pessimist by nature.

If it was a ground up chunk of some ultra sinking heartwood bead waste and a gram or more per 30ml, then I'd think it might have a noticable effect.

Sulaiman

Oud Beginner
Folks do alcohol tinctures with agarwood chips. I think highly oily wood would do best - and ground up so there's a ton of surface area would have the most noticable effects.

I think the way it's done in bottles like you mentioned is 90% marketing and 10% for effect but I'm a pessimist by nature.

If it was a ground up chunk of some ultra sinking heartwood bead waste and a gram or more per 30ml, then I'd think it might have a noticable effect.
I also thought of how grinding the chip would probably be better, but I think I would rather burn it 🤷

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
I also thought of how grinding the chip would probably be better, but I think I would rather burn it 🤷
The problem with grinding the chip would mean tons of trouble for the sprayer. Those little shards of sugar that plagued the Santal Galore release is a prime example. If ground up wood was in the bottle it would need to be a dabber instead of a sprayer.

Sulaiman

Oud Beginner
The problem with grinding the chip would mean tons of trouble for the sprayer. Those little shards of sugar that plagued the Santal Galore release is a prime example. If ground up wood was in the bottle it would need to be a dabber instead of a sprayer.
I don't think I would mind having to dab with a perfume, but that would depend on how much the chip would really affect the notes/perfume because of how convenient a spray can sometimes be.

Djohn

Oud Beginner

If it was a ground up chunk of some ultra sinking heartwood bead waste and a gram or more per 30ml, then I'd think it might have a noticable
Edited- someone else already mentioned nozzle issues.

language scent

True Woodict
I believe many things are true depending on the way it is used. If it is a gram of wood in a 30-50ml bottle and the juices from the wood eventually seep into the juice in the bottle then the aroma should become more lasting on the skin as the resin in the wood will preserve the projection better on the skin.