AbuTominaga

Oud Gangster
Knowing the time we have left would paralyse us, all that we would think about is death
It depends on the perspective.

waking up everyday remembering the fact that we're mortal & here for a limited time, makes lots of things seem trivial. Things that otherwise might have had a big impact on us in terms of stress and so on.

It makes us value the joys in life but also not get too attached as we know we're not taking anything to the grave. It makes us also wake up from our day to day programming. Most of us are programmed to perceive ourselves as immortals...i'll do this next year...I'll get this n that.... most of us do not want to be awakened to the fact that Hey...you and I will die. it's inevitable! :)

I say make the best of it. serve as many people as you could. enjoy simple things. swipe oud like there's no tomorrow -(you're not taking anything to the grave.)

I personally see this as a motivator to fulfill one's purpose in this finite amount of time.

Bombay

True Ouddict
Truth, no matter where you find it is still wonderful truth.
Just like love...truth can be found in the most inhospitable and surprising places...
Truth is powerful. The society runs on truth either by hiding it or showcasing it.
When truth is hidden its the biggest secret and when revealed it can be most liberating.
Its mysterious like a lady behind a veil.
Truth carries the knowledge and offers the ultimate clarity for a profound experience.
Truth is the way of Life.

Bilal

True Ouddict
It depends on the perspective.

waking up everyday remembering the fact that we're mortal & here for a limited time, makes lots of things seem trivial. Things that otherwise might have had a big impact on us in terms of stress and so on.

It makes us value the joys in life but also not get too attached as we know we're not taking anything to the grave. It makes us also wake up from our day to day programming. Most of us are programmed to perceive ourselves as immortals...i'll do this next year...I'll get this n that.... most of us do not want to be awakened to the fact that Hey...you and I will die. it's inevitable! :)

I say make the best of it. serve as many people as you could. enjoy simple things. swipe oud like there's no tomorrow -(you're not taking anything to the grave.)

I personally see this as a motivator to fulfill one's purpose in this finite amount of time.
True.

Also, how a person perceives death I think, will probably be a good indicator to how they will react to it. Whether they believe life has no ultimate purpose and therefore death to them would be a permanent state. One where all connection to consciousness and sense is lost and one does not need to worry about being accountable for their actions.
Or, whether they believe it's a temporary state which they will be reincarnated from by their Creator.

Last edited:

Bombay

True Ouddict
True.

Also, how a person perceives death I think, will probably be a good indicator to how they will react to it. Whether you believe life has no ultimate purpose and therefore death is a permanent state. One which all connection to consciousness and sense is lost and where one does not need to worry about being accountable for their actions.Or, whether they believe it's a temporary state which they will be reincarnated from by their Creator.
Deep brother .

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.

Lao Tzu

yoob.ye

True Ouddict
The Quran reminds us to spend money (in charity) while we still have time to do that.

O you who have believed, let not your wealth and your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whoever does that - then those are the losers.

And spend [in the way of Allah ] from what We have provided you before death approaches one of you and he says, "My Lord, if only You would delay me for a brief term so I would give charity and be among the righteous."

But never will Allah delay a soul when its time has come. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do.

Noble Quran 63:9-11

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Caution not spirit, let it roam wild; for in that natural state dance embraces divine frequency.
Shah Asad Rizvi