Alex

Oud Fan
it looks like you people really hate this company maybe because of competition , any positive post about them is getting deleted I just noticed that my post was deleted even though I didn't said anything wrong . I don't think this is the best way to let people join this forum or express their opinion.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
I asked them this and they said they never join this fayre or had any oils in it maybe you are wrong!

@Faizal_p brought this oil to the fayre - ask him. May be you are wrong. If you continue this nonsense without proof, you will be banned.

Ouddict

it looks like you people really hate this company maybe because of competition , any positive post about them is getting deleted I just noticed that my post was deleted even though I didn't said anything wrong . I don't think this is the best way to let people join this forum or express their opinion.

Your posts are deleted as the majority of members who have looked at your company think you are not being truthful. At least one of them has bought an oil from you and it does not smell natural. I've smelled it myself. If you are bonafide, please contact the management in private - @jensz and @riviera274 and myself and @Habz786 in cc and we will go through verification with you.

Please do NOT post on here again without having taken the above steps as it will result in an immediate ban.

Faizal_p

Sulaym.co.uk
Yes we bought some samples from the perfumist and as they were synthetic copies we asked for our money back which the vendor did so very kindly. @Alex I assume you are the Perfumist, why don't you offer your samples to some of the more prolific members here, I suggest @Oudamberlove @Shabby @Rasoul Salehi @Mr.P @jensz @riviera274 @Joe King @Ammar @MzM etc (sorry if I missed you out). These guys will most definitely provide feedback and I'm sure purchase oils from you if genuine and of a high grade

Alex

Oud Fan
Yes we bought some samples from the perfumist and as they were synthetic copies we asked for our money back which the vendor did so very kindly. @Alex I assume you are the Perfumist, why don't you offer your samples to some of the more prolific members here, I suggest @Oudamberlove @Shabby @Rasoul Salehi @Mr.P @jensz @riviera274 @Joe King @Ammar @MzM etc (sorry if I missed you out). These guys will most definitely provide feedback and I'm sure purchase oils from you if genuine and of a high grade

MOST OF THEM ALREADY DONE! OUR GOAL IS NOT JUST TO SELL BUT TO PROTECT THE ART AND THE LEGACY. WE SENT YOU YOUR MONEY BACK AND LET YOU KEEP IT NOT BECAUSE IT WAS SYNTHETIC BUT BECAUSE WE OFFER 100% SATISFACTION ON OUR OILS AND WANTED YOU TO KEEP IT TO FIND OUT YOURSELF IF IT WAS REALLY SYNTHETIC NOT BY OPINION BUT BY FACT. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A FACT

ATTACHED A CERTIFIED LAB TEST FROM A MAJOR USA LAB WITH REFERENCE NUMBER IN THE PERFUMIST NAME FOR OUR OUD OILS WHICH ANYONE ANYWHERE CAN CHECK OR SIMPLY DO AGAIN IN ANY LAB AND GET THE SAME RESULTS, I BELIEVE THIS POST WILL BE REMOVED AGAIN FOR THE FOURTH TIME AND THAT'S WHY I ALREADY TOOK A SCREEN SNAP OF THIS POST SO JUST IN CASE IT WAS REMOVED WE WILL HAVE A VERY GOOD TOPIC TO PRESENT AND ADDRESS WITH OUR FOLLOWERS AND INFLUENCERS ON ALL OUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS WITH OVER 10K FOLLOWER.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT TO PROMOTE, ADVERTISE OR SELL ANYTHING THESE ARE FACTUAL INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT THIS FORUM IS NAMED AFTER "OUD"

REGARDS AND RESPECTS

Attachments

• lab check 1.jpg
    lab check 1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 463
  • lab check 2.jpg
    lab check 2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 473
  • lab check 3.jpg
    lab check 3.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 432
  • lab check 4.jpg
    lab check 4.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 446
  • lab check 5.jpg
    lab check 5.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 444

Faizal_p

Sulaym.co.uk
Hi Alex, can you let me know what your thoughts were regarding this gcms? What do you think the various spikes on this graph signify?

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Hello @Alex

Looking over the GC you posted. First off - thank you for posting.

Indeed, it looks like the bulk of this oil is of natural origin. However...

Peak 24, which is 0.358% is likely not a synthetic additive - but is rather present due to leaching. No fault of yours.

Peak 61, which is DEHP @8.374%. This is a bit high for leaching. DEHP is often used as a thickening agent. I in no way do I suggest YOU added this. This was most likely a synthetic additive somewhere upstream to thicken the oil and make it feel more "oud-like".

Peaks 1, 2, 3, and 4 are DPG. This would likely be due more to addition than to leaching, given the near 3% DPG of composition. Again - could be leaching...but given the overall composition - it would suggest it is not due to leaching.

Between peaks 1,2,3,4, 24 and 61 the total is 11.994% synthetic matter. This would suggest more than leaching - none of which are your fault or intention in being there. All likely added upstream.

Now - on to the Oudiness...

As the remaining 88.006% does indeed look natural - my question about this would be a lack of some markers usually indicative of Oud being present. This composition looks a bit more like a composite creation, known in the industry as a "creation of perfumery". In other words - it is an oil created to smell Oud-like, with some plasticizers added as thickening agents.

Again - I don't think anyone here would question your intentions here, as I highly doubt you, yourself, added anything to this oil. I would, however, bring this to your supplier and show it to them that the test is indicative of a creation of perfumery - and also question the near 12% of the composition that is synthetic DGP, DEHP, etc.

With this being said - I have no experience with your offerings, nor am I commenting on anything other than what this GCMS shows. IF you have other oils from this particular supplier that you sourced this material from, I would suggest some extra scrutiny of their materials before purchasing more from them. I would also suggest taking this particular GC and presenting it to them, as the oil you have is shown to be roughly 88% natural and 12% synthetic. It also does not appear to contain any Oud - rather, it appears to be a composition meant to be Oud-like.

Just my two cents, and not a critique of anything other than the GC presented.

To the Ouddict community - shit happens. Be patient, understanding, and let's not come down too hard on anyone when instances like his arise. We all know that oils are commonly messed with, it's usually not the direct fault of the vendor in question, and it is likely to happen to all of us vendors at one point or another. We are all small businesses and usually one unintentional misstep away from disaster. We are all fragile ecosystems. Tread lightly :)

Noor ul arfeen

Just Arrived
Hello and salam all.

Its been over six months that I made my first purchase from theperfumist (Alex).
Initially I got Moroco flower oil and 50 years kastoori oil. This was my first purchase and apart from Theperfumist OUD oils, i got almost all the oils that are on offer by Alex - Theperfumist, OR moved to "memories section", plus few oils that are sold privately, not offered - yet.

Last year, i did a review at base-notes by malik123 for Theperfumist oils and though i didn't review all the oils i got from Alex, i however did express my delight and joy for few oils i got from theperfumist, as i have never smelled anything so" beautiful and magical" in comparison to Theperfumist oils, pure artistic oils, oils that are part of history, oils that speak, what a joy and privilege it is to wear theperfumist oils, every day, beauty at its peak.

Subhan-Allah and Ma'sha-Allah

having over a dozen oils from Alex-Theperfumist, there is not one oil that i do not adore, there is not one oil that i can complain. for me theperfumist is the vendor i trust blind-folded and i mean it.

having followed these review websites forums for over a year, i didn't bother myself writing a review at ouddict.com or the other forum, as JK pointed out.
despite my best effort to tread carefully, i am not sure if this post gets deleted.

just want to share my experience and feelings for Theperfumist-Alex oils.

thank you all.

Allah hafiz.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I red it differently, for me there are some compounds that can be find into agarwood with 0 doubt.

Some I never ever found in agarwood for example : lavandulyl acetate, boronia butenal ...

Maybe it's just serynge mixing or something like this or maybe it came to you like this.

If it's second option : your supplier is also a perfumer :p.

Anyway, from your brand name, you seem more to be a perfumer than an agarwood expert and even if you were an agarwood expert, it doesn't protect you from a mistake as we are all human beings.

Thing is, as a young and unexperienced colleague (so I won't be vexed if you don't care about my advice :Roflmao:) be careful with big claims like 50 year old this or 200 year old that, because if it's combined with suspect smell, people could lose trust.

In conclusion : nothing in the report makes you someone dishonest.

If someone smelt oud from you and find it "unusual", this someone is right...

Anyway, I wish you all the best in your buisness and hope you will join us as a member of the ouddict community as a resident artisan very soon :praying:

powdernose

Oud Sprite

Also Versalide and Ethylene Brassylate which are synthetic musks.
I find it worrying that the lab marked these as 'Natural'. If it were me, I'd not be keen on using them again.

I red it differently, for me there are some compounds that can be find into agarwood with 0 doubt.

Yes there are plenty of agarwood compounds and I'd estimate the contained agarwood is of good quality,
it is a shame it is adulterated and diluted,
if you had the contained agarwood at 100% pure, it would be interesting to try.

Ouddict

MOST OF THEM ALREADY DONE! OUR GOAL IS NOT JUST TO SELL BUT TO PROTECT THE ART AND THE LEGACY. WE SENT YOU YOUR MONEY BACK AND LET YOU KEEP IT NOT BECAUSE IT WAS SYNTHETIC BUT BECAUSE WE OFFER 100% SATISFACTION ON OUR OILS AND WANTED YOU TO KEEP IT TO FIND OUT YOURSELF IF IT WAS REALLY SYNTHETIC NOT BY OPINION BUT BY FACT. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A FACT

ATTACHED A CERTIFIED LAB TEST FROM A MAJOR USA LAB WITH REFERENCE NUMBER IN THE PERFUMIST NAME FOR OUR OUD OILS WHICH ANYONE ANYWHERE CAN CHECK OR SIMPLY DO AGAIN IN ANY LAB AND GET THE SAME RESULTS, I BELIEVE THIS POST WILL BE REMOVED AGAIN FOR THE FOURTH TIME AND THAT'S WHY I ALREADY TOOK A SCREEN SNAP OF THIS POST SO JUST IN CASE IT WAS REMOVED WE WILL HAVE A VERY GOOD TOPIC TO PRESENT AND ADDRESS WITH OUR FOLLOWERS AND INFLUENCERS ON ALL OUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS WITH OVER 10K FOLLOWER.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT TO PROMOTE, ADVERTISE OR SELL ANYTHING THESE ARE FACTUAL INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT THIS FORUM IS NAMED AFTER "OUD"

REGARDS AND RESPECTS

Thanks @Alex this is helpful. Please mind the caps on your posts!

Alex

Oud Fan
Hello @Alex

Looking over the GC you posted. First off - thank you for posting.

Peak 24, which is 0.358% is likely not a synthetic additive - but is rather present due to leaching. No fault of yours.

Peak 61, which is DEHP @8.374%. This is a bit high for leaching. DEHP is often used as a thickening agent. I in no way do I suggest YOU added this. This was most likely a synthetic additive somewhere upstream to thicken the oil and make it feel more "oud-like".

Peaks 1, 2, 3, and 4 are DPG. This would likely be due more to addition than to leaching, given the near 3% DPG of composition. Again - could be leaching...but given the overall composition - it would suggest it is not due to leaching.

Between peaks 1,2,3,4, 24 and 61 the total is 11.994% synthetic matter. This would suggest more than leaching - none of which are your fault or intention in being there. All likely added upstream.

As the remaining 88.006% does indeed look natural - my question about this would be a lack of some markers usually indicative of Oud being present. This composition looks a bit more like a composite creation, known in the industry as a "creation of perfumery". In other words - it is an oil created to smell Oud-like, with some plasticizers added as thickening agents.

Again - I don't think anyone here would question your intentions here, as I highly doubt you, yourself, added anything to this oil. I would, however, bring this to your supplier and show it to them that the test is indicative of a creation of perfumery - and also question the near 12% of the composition that is synthetic DGP, DEHP, etc.

With this being said - I have no experience with your offerings, nor am I commenting on anything other than what this GCMS shows. IF you have other oils from this particular supplier that you sourced this material from, I would suggest some extra scrutiny of their materials before purchasing more from them. I would also suggest taking this particular GC and presenting it to them, as the oil you have is shown to be roughly 88% natural and 12% synthetic. It also does not appear to contain any Oud - rather, it appears to be a composition meant to be Oud-like.

To the Ouddict community - shit happens. Be patient, understanding, and let's not come down too hard on anyone when instances like his arise. We all know that oils are commonly messed with, it's usually not the direct fault of the vendor in question, and it is likely to happen to all of us vendors at one point or another. We are all small businesses and usually one unintentional misstep away from disaster. We are all fragile ecosystems. Tread lightly :)

Alex

Oud Fan
Dear raising Rising Phoenix

I believe Mr. Delapp, from Atlanta, GA if I’m not mistaken.tried your musk rose attar lovely work and talent.

First of all, thank you for your valuable input and objective reply obviously it’s coming from a man who is serious and knowledgeable enough to address things in a scientific and objective way.

As per your reply

- this is actually one of the most common issues we face since most of the oils we have are old (seriously old and not described as old through aging or other process)

- This was actually the first thoughts of the lab technicians, when we checked the date that the oils where made on and how many times it was transfer and long it was stores, we found that this is very normal for oils that’s been in containers or in Contact with some plastic parts for long time. Again, I’m sure you know that the more the oil is left the more is the leaching, and this is a very common problem (as our inhouse chemist explained to us) in the food industry and specifically with ketchup and mustard, thus the new production rules in many companies demanding those two items to be packed in glass bottles. This is actually something that confirm the age of the oil. Honestly, we are not very proud of it as if we make oud oisl now days this issue is easily avoided by using non-reactive lab glass for the containers and non-reactive plastic connectors for the dripper or the pods. I’m sure you know about that.

- I agree and this is a possibility, again those oils were made long time ago in a Simi-primitive way and we simple received them (inherited them) they were not made by the current owner of the house who would easily avoided such issues being very common and obvious and that’s why we do a full lab test and publish it so we know what’s in it just like our customers should know what’s in it.

- when those oils were made long time ago there were many elements and issue that could affected this still, if our house been always making natural oils, and never tried to mix or add synthetics the 12% synthetic DGP, DEHP, etc. will not really add any value to the oil or the composition on the contrary it would greatly risk destroying it, the oils are not promoted or listed as thick oils actually they are not so adding this percentage to thinking it is also pointless, finally every oil we list and sell go through a lab test so if we know that we will lab test this, why would we add 12% synthetic that won’t do anything. ( I know you didn’t accused us I’m just thinking load here)

In short this is a very common percentage for oils that’s been stored from long time and made through old ways and this is what multiple lab technicians agreed on. Anyway, it’s still there and we are not hiding it.

- As mentioned, those were inherited old oils that’s been made for our house or made by the father of current house owner and not something that we bought from a distillery or a whole seller. In current time not even an expert but any well-versed oud collector or perfumist know these things very well. As I’m sure you are very familiar with it.

To the Ouddict community - shit happens. Be patient, understanding, and let's not come down too hard on anyone when instances like his arise. We all know that oils are commonly messed with, it's usually not the direct fault of the vendor in question, and it is likely to happen to all of us vendors at one point or another. We are all small businesses and usually one unintentional misstep away from disaster. We are all fragile ecosystems. Tread lightly

- thank you for your message, I believe most of the people on this forum agree with that and I believe we all no matter how knowledgeable or experience we are we all can learn a new thing or two sometimes. Having an open mind and being able to communicate with others is what make us good humans.

Regards and respect to everyone

Alex

Oud Fan

Some I never ever found in agarwood for example : lavandulyl acetate, boronia butenal ...

Maybe it's just serynge mixing or something like this or maybe it came to you like this.

If it's second option : your supplier is also a perfumer :p.

Anyway, from your brand name, you seem more to be a perfumer than an agarwood expert and even if you were an agarwood expert, it doesn't protect you from a mistake as we are all human beings.

Thing is, as a young and unexperienced colleague (so I won't be vexed if you don't care about my advice :Roflmao:) be careful with big claims like 50 year old this or 200 year old that, because if it's combined with suspect smell, people could lose trust.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in your buisness and hope you will join us as a member of the ouddict community as a resident artisan very soon :praying:

Alex

Oud Fan

- Dear Sir, thank you for your objective reply, I totally agree with the majority of what you said.

- Correct, we were puzzled when we got this first then we realized that lavandulyl acetate with few other components in the test are common in (lavender and other kinds or rose) with the fact that our old distillery in Turkey and Damascus used to make and distill rose we can guess that this is from leaching or using a storage container that could contained a print of rose or lavender. Again, please keep in mind that this was long time ago and at that time most makers used many of their storing pods and containers in an exchangeable manner, something we may not do or use these days.

If it's second option : your supplier is also a perfumer .

- I wish we would know the exact suppler, we would be honored to track the work and find the details of the making but those are old inherited oils that’s not been made by us in the current time but by the father or the grandfather of the current owner, this caused us many issue one of it is not knowing exactly the region or the sub region of the wood or if there is anything mixed with it, that’s why we do a full lab test and publish it.

- this is very correct and obviously it’s coming from a person with knowledge and experience

Yes it’s very true even the most experienced can made mistakes sometime, and yes we have done before (there is another time for that funny story where we had to get rid of the whole distillation) but generally we’ve been doing this for very long time and if we make a mistake we will simply acknowledge it, correct it and do our very best not to not make it again.

Thing is, as a young and unexperienced colleague (so I won't be vexed if you don't care about my advice ) be careful with big claims like 50 year old this or 200 year old that, because if it's combined with suspect smell, people could lose trust.

- Totally agree with that also, and obviously many people are promoting the age factor thus in the near future we are offering carbon dating lab to our oils that are possible to be tested this way to confirm the age (we are still working on this as it’s not easy and soon hopefully we won’t have to list anything’s age without a scientific supporting document)

- Thank you I appreciate that, we always took a full transparent approach to our work and orderings and we may have many parts and things that we can work on and improve we consistently try to do that, and we appreciate all objective and realistic feedbacks and opinions. So, thank you.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in your buisness and hope you will join us as a member of the ouddict community as a resident artisan very soon

Uy.Ali

Just Arrived
hello everyone
I want to ask you Ouddicts if you know anything about oils from this company or website

https://www.theperfumist.com/

Please let me know your feedback
I had the most worst experience with them in online shopping history, my location is 3 hours away from the sending location it’s been 7 days did not get my order yet plus the costumer service is extremely rude and bad. wonder how can this company run till now.

Makakilo

Just Arrived
Update on Alex the perfumist. I received bogus oils from he that he charged me 500 dollars for. When I called him out on it and refused to DHL them back to him he said he wouldn’t give me my money back. I told him he had until Monday to issue the refund or I would contact the bank and request a chargeback. He said no so I told the bank he defrauded me and they did their investigation without even asking me for my side of the story and guess who won!? Yep, bank contacted me today and said here is your money back we agree that Alex the perfumist lied and cheated when selling his best in the whole world oils. In case you haven’t heard his fairy tales before, here is his last reply to me after I threatened to open a dispute with the bank.

On 23 Apr 2020, at 5:15 AM, info <[email protected]> wrote:
It seems that you tried to get some oils for free just like many of the people on the forum you listed, which all know well that the oils we offer are better than anything that was ever sold on this fourm actually the lab test of our oils are mentioned on that same fourm.

Without saying that the return policy and refund policy is clearly explained on the site and without saying that all our oils are lab tested in top USA labs and without saying that any other company won't even take a return on open and used samples back and without saying that this fourm is run by vendors who non of them tested or listed a test of their products, and without saying that you were hesitant to return those oils in the first place. I will say this

I was ready to receive the shipment back and give you a full refund even though those samples cost us much more than 80$ but after this pathetic attempt of solicitation and this threat.

Here is my answer to you and you don't have to wait till Monday It's NOTHING

not even a return or an exchange and feel free to do whatever you like, and consider this as a final refusal of business.

Alex

Hosayn

True Ouddict
I am glad you got the money back. Don’t buy into those claims of 300 year old or making ouds for Kings and Royals for centuries or worlds best ouds. When a vendor claims like this it clearly indicates they are there to fool people by selling mediocre oils or just off the average oils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makakilo

Just Arrived
Hopefully the banks will soon decide to pull his license to operate and not allow him to take visa and MasterCard anymore. Until that happens though, I’m afraid he will continue running his scam because there is no way for people to leave feedback like on Etsy or eBay. I’ll send anyone his samples for free if you truly want to see for yourself.