Whats your favorite oud region/profile? Poll

Discussion in 'General' started by Habz786, Sep 22, 2016.

?

Whats your favorite oud region/profile? Poll

1. Cambodian

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Hindi

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Malaysian

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Thai

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Burmese

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Chinese

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Vietnamese

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. Laotian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Indonesian

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  10. Philipines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Papua/new guinea

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  12. Sri Lankan

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. Brunei

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. Borneo

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
  15. Bhutan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

Oh yes vietnamese oud really lovr it there's something special about oud from that region really love it a lot

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

EHV likes this.
  2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

With all the Filipino wood becoming available lately, I am hoping to see some oils from that region.

For favorites, I like to subcategorize the regions into:
    Jungle Oud
    Sweet Oud
    Bitter Oud
    Ethereal Oud
    Oudy Oud
    Barny Oud
    Musky Oud
    Tobacco Oud
    Smokey Oud

Then I would choose a favorite from each subcategory:Geek::Cooler:

3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oudy Oud:praying:: It is the synthesis of the rest of categories:Roflmao:.

Musky Oud: Till today I couldn't sense Musk in any Oud, be that Hindi, Malaysian, Sri Lankan, etc.

EHV and Oudamberlove like this.
  4. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Ahhh tobacco oud... Still searching for my perfect Hindi / cambodi

5. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

HINDI still seems to be king according to the poll :cool: atm im loving Indo and Malay oils...

EHV, Oudamberlove and Rai Munir like this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected Habz, your loving these oils is present in Indo and Malay Ouds that you have launched. Really top class Ouds. I am inclined towards Ard and A'alameen, and Shams as well.
    I have forgotten the one that was posted a couple of weeks before and a black panther was there as well. I think some Kalemantan oil that was.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  7. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Hindi when cold and Malaysian rest of the time.
    Surprisingly, I'm not leaning towards Cambodian in this weather! Perhaps it'll change in the future.

8. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

For some reason.....yes.......Hindi is awesome, and when you find a real good one...even better.

I have a feeling, that a Burmese oil has potential to be the Queen of the Hindi King:Cooler:

9. Michael Perez

Michael Perez Whats this Oud About?

At the moment: Indonesian

Habz786 likes this.
  10. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@Michael Perez drop me a PM will send you some Indo oils to try :thumbsup:

11. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

Interesting, what are your favourite jungle, bitter, ethereal and oudy ouds?

12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

For a Jungle Oud New Guinea Gyrinops
    For Bitter Oud, I prefer any bitterness that can be squeezed out of a Hindi oil than from Sinensis.
    For Ethereal Oud, a good Malaysian or Borneo if the other notes in the opening are nice also...but I hear that they are doing ethereal things with Hindis nowadays with good results.
    For Oudy Ouds, Laos, Southern Thai, Cambodi, Malaysian, and some Burmese.

alcolado glacial likes this.
  13. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

Thanks.

I imagine bitterness might have to be squeezed out of a Hindi, I'm trying to think of an example of a bitter oud but not coming up with anything. Got a specific oil in mind?

14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I get some bitterness in Assam Organic Meghalaya, and more in Oud Hud, some in Assamugo Senkoh, and some in Dr. Hindi (Bangladesh). But it is not like the bitterness in Sinensis. It’s sort of of a bitter addictiveness which comes out more in fresh air. I should check my Hudhayl to see if it has it also.

riviera274 and powdernose like this.
  15. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

I find the burmese, chinese and hong kong profiles to have the most bitter notes, also some PNG oils aswell as a few Hindis have a slight citrus vibe :Thumbsup:

riviera274 and powdernose like this.
  16. Fahad

Fahad Whats this Oud About?

Any one ever tried blending equal parts of ALL different profiles or countries and icing it on the top with a touch of some kinammy kyara wonders and still alive to convey to us their fungal findings?

Could it be that the sum is greater than the parts???

17. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

please do not give any a ideas to @Oudamberlove...…..:Roflmao:

Sproaty likes this.
  18. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Too late Peter,
    My Multi Oud Blend already existso_O

@Fahad
    Realistically, Synergistic Blends are not easy to acheive. Mixing all the regions is pure chaos. Regional characteristics, although narrowly spectrumed, are a beauty unto themselves. When mixed across the board some qualities get lost, and the progression of the scent is also affected. Sometimes the scents cancel each other out, then you dont smell anything, but your nose can sense somethings there, it’s the more volatile components mainly.
    I’ll bet though, that better results can be achieved by co-distillation, than blending.

19. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Peter, you want us to experience sheer chaos. :(. Once I mixed Sasong and Semkhor in some oud oils and once in musk maceration, and now I am to gift that to some anesthetist. That is 10 ml.

I have at least 60 ml different blends and macerations of different Oud oils and Sandal oils that are superb. Now I have learnt that which one is not to be mixed at all.

And the most pathetic blend I ever had was mixing branded essential oils- watery, non-artisan. Mr Ensar is very much right to say that the best ingredients lead to the best aroma. I have found him the vendor with extreme masterly flare so far as blending and making attar go.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    jalil, Sproaty and peter4ptv like this.
  20. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

[QUOTE="Rai Munir, post: 32369, member: 153" Mr Ensar is very much right to say that the best ingredients lead to the best aroma. I have found him the vendor with extreme masterly flare so far as blending and making attar go.[/QUOTE]
    :Roflmao: Don’t say that laud, ajmal may send some recruiters with offer hard ti refuse:Cooler:

jalil, Rai Munir and Oudamberlove like this.

Promote Oud!