What do we feel about cost of Oud oils?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr.P, Aug 3, 2016.

?

What do we feel about cost of Oud oil?

1. Way Overpriced

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. High

28 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Unreasonable

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Fair

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Cheap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Way too cheap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

very thrue it happen to me last time :Cry:

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

I think overall prices have setteld and the Oud scene has changed alot over the last year or so. Ouddicts are more educated now and there is more than just a few narratives of the scene. Also many new trusted vendors have helped up the ante and competition always helps with pricing. Also the markets alot more open now due to knowledge and we are all the students. There will always be expensive oils for that niche of the market (the rich), were as before most oil were 400$ plus now we have a nice range of top quality oils for less and more people get to enjoy Oud not just the wealthy.

3. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Also Kesiro is moaning and sulking that he cant keep up with Ouddict, stick to Gaharu as most of the time your reading your own posts. In regards to reffering to us as hypocrites because we praised an oil that contains real kinam and costs 3500$. Go work out the price of Kinam and do some maths, secondly its the first oil of its kind for sale so we congratulate @Al Shareef Oudh for this, i sense your burnt up maybe for some weird reason take a chill pill. Its an oil which is more special than the oils you are used to praising, just wait til you dont buy something and get told to get lost lol. Also he says hes humble student then calls people names your as good as your master and boss keep up the good work you may get a promotion. I own expensive oils just because we call for fairer pricing doesnt mean we cant praise expensive oils that are worth praise ;)

@Alkhadra you are kind of correct with your statment over at the dark side but a more accurate version would be "Ouddict is not one person but Gaharu is about 3" :D

4. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

Habz786 is a sample ..... (fill in the blank - we have young people on this forum) :Roflmao:

Rai Munir and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  5. Ouddict

@Kesiro is also a member on this forum. We extend that courtesy to him and his ilk, but the same tolerance is not forthcoming from Gaharu. Not surprised when its owned by Ensar Oud.

Mandeel AlMandeel and F4R1d0uX like this.
  6. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

I'm not with your mind :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:.

But sincerely I really wonder how fast Luigi improved his english since last time when he called me : the guy with the hair.
    Must have become an english teacher since !

7. Ouddict

Well there have been some gems released over the past year such as Laos 95 from Agarwood Assam and at an unbelievable price range.

AbasFrag and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  8. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

I have a friend here in sweden who is an ouddict but he is not a member of any forum online.

I found it very interesting when he said: "Have you noticed that oud prices all of a sudden, after years of increasing, now suddenly has started to decrease? It must be because of that ouddict forum"

I as an oud costumer/ consumer really thank God first and foremost and then the ones who made this forum and all contributing members and vendors for this

9. Ouddict

For sure the forum has shed light on many things going on in the Oud industry and we are lucky to have vendors onboard who have helped in bringing prices to a fairer level for all. We have also taken a lot of hits for our efforts as everyone knows.

I do not know how sustainable low prices are into the future. It may be that what is now sold as Oud will give way to something else which is still Oud, but not the same quality. Time will tell.

Habz786 likes this.
  10. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Whether people accept it or not deep down they know this community has contributed to the fair pricing of Oud in a once closed controlled market. People make this out to be like "oh they are chepskates wanting everything cheap" thats not the case and you see how many gifts and acts of charity have come out since. Ouddicts were calling out for a farier market where marketing is pushed aside and oil/price ratio was decent. Most vendors gave in to this request of Ouddicts which is nice of them but some were left with not much choice as the competition was simply outdoing them which will no doubt affect sales. Now we see a market where there are Ouds from a low, medium, high and very high price range catering for all different people. Thats what we wanted not all Oud to be cheap we understand high grade distillation cost more, we wanted more of a variety of pricing to suit different peoples needs so Oud isnt just enjoyed by the wealthy.

AbasFrag, Rai Munir, Ouddict and 2 others like this.
  11. F4R1d0uX

Yeh just start to read krugger post.
    See how much he dares playing Taha defensor acusing ouddict to have "murdered taha" whereas his boss made a real torture on Taha's oils in the screenshots.

No wonder they keep insisting on saying they transform resin into oil or saying Tyson you should have warned us on your intention with the wood we wouldnt have glued it.

0 shame normaly when you face screenshots like this minimum you hide yourself.

I admire such self confidence !!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  12. Ouddict

For sure, not all Oud is cheap and this #MOCA (Make Oud Cheap Again) deliberately set out to mock (pun intended) our efforts at highlighting the fact that good Oud does not have to cost your life savings.

Mandeel AlMandeel and Habz786 like this.
  13. Ouddict

It isn't self-confidence. It is brass-necked arrogance from someone who has got away with it for so long. As for Taha, he is fundamentally a decent guy and looked up to Ensar (as did I) as the Oud reference point. Unfortunately, it took him back into the lion's den at Gaharu where he thought - wrongly - that Ensar had "reformed". I cannot understand why Taha did not ask why after years of vitriol and abuse from Ensar towards him, why he did not question Ensar's motives in warmly inviting him onto Gaharu. While Taha was on Gaharu praising Ensar and being friendly with a former abuser, the abuser was busy slandering him privately behind his back to all and sundry... I have been there myself.

14. F4R1d0uX

Because as many sellers they are afraid to lose clients... Now you know why they lose clients...

Taha can complain, I dont hesitate in private to say that I got many feedback from people I know that he teached them what he learnt and he has lot of credit for it ...

Mandeel AlMandeel and Ouddict like this.
  15. Bilalw

Bilalw Whats this Oud About?

This happened to me also. But, after some time the bottle will come to match the sample when on the skin. Is this true for u?

16. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Yes that's how it is for me. The big difference is in the opening for me:)

Mandeel AlMandeel and Nikhil S like this.
  17. Nikhil S

Nikhil S Resident Reviewer

Some oils, unintentionally, aged in storage have improved for my taste. Opposite to that are my Hindi oils which are presented to us in early phases. They will take their time to beautify. E.g. Compare Zak s aged Lushai to his non aged Mr Barn. One thing I have honestly come to realise, although I am not sure about it is, that artisans sell us already pre-aged oils or oils which are literally beautiful even when new. Maybe benefit from evolved techniques so these oxidise faster. I am not sure though.

18. Bilalw

So I considered it a bonus top note lol

19. Bilalw

Tony has a method he is using that flips the container and throws fresh air into it repeatedly for many hours. He considers this to artificially age the oil. I got a bottle of something nice where he tested this method. I couldn't really see any improvement , but I didn't compare between new and old...

Nikhil S likes this.
  20. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

Use the air for effects the oil are popular with traders and they have other technique like using microwave well I prefer getting fresh oil and aging by myself better than open the cap and let air make the aging it will make the oil smell better even will be more thicker but with more time the oil will lose many compounds...

Habz786, AbasFrag and Nikhil S like this.

Promote Oud!