riviera274

Administrator and Hindi Lover
Staff member
ok im having first world problems here. for many years i have been a liberal 'swiper' , id just pull out the applicator and swipe it as many times as i wished on my self. but this was with cheap /moderately priced ouds/attars. now that i have started using higher price/expensive ouds/attars i dont need to swipe but rather use a drop at a time to the areas that i want to apply the scent. so what i am doing is pulling the applicator and shaking my hand trying to get to get a drop to fall on my other hand (i dont want to touch my skin with my applicator as to avoid possibly causing any contamination when i put the applicator back in the bottle.) once i have a drop i dab on my skin from there. but it takes ages for one drop to fall. am i doing it wrong, is there a particular method to easily and quickly getting a drop off at a time?
I normally use plastic toothpicks with my artisanal oud oils to keep from contamination.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Whats the chances of a dipstick making contact with skin and damaging an oil? Is this just pure Oud OCD? I mean if i use an oil i would never sell it and would only really swipe it myself unless i'm with others. Also i don't find it practical to carry around toothpicks lol

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Whats the chances of a dipstick making contact with skin and damaging an oil? Is this just pure Oud OCD? I mean if i use an oil i would never sell it and would only really swipe it myself unless i'm with others. Also i don't find it practical to carry around toothpicks lol

You better be using toothpicks for the oils I gave you to evaluate!!! :eek:

peter4ptv

At the finishing your bottle of oud everyone struggle to get the last drop out, so far the best i found is this type of toothpick with flexible arrow like end best to get the last drop out.............

IMG_1930.JPG