Question About The Other Forum.

Discussion in 'General' started by PersonelHigh, Oct 28, 2018.

1. PersonelHigh

PersonelHigh Whats this Oud About?

I was doing google search about agarwood and found some spirited and insanely fascinating discussions on a forum called Gaharu. Really great writing. I was so transfixed reading that I didn't figure out for few weeks that although I had sign-ed up, I didn't have permissions to even give a post a thumbs up. I tried writing to a contact person to find out if Gaharu is closed to new members, but I haven't heard back. Maybe there is some protocol I'm not aware of? A vetting period although I'm not sure how one might be vetted without engaging. Is it not an open forum? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Sproaty likes this.
  2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Hopefully the owner of the forum Ensar will read these messages and allow you access :thumbsup:

Sproaty, oudlover, Ouddict and 3 others like this.
  3. PersonelHigh

oh no wonder, I appreciate you telling me, thanks

Ouddict likes this.
  4. PersonelHigh

I fear I have offended the great man and I am terribly sorry for that, because I only have respect for his passion and work.. but I won't and especially being a woman, I won't hold my tongue when it comes to the discussion of an art form, a personal preference, and not a personal attack on a person. Perhaps he is more sensitive than I would have expected of a man with his intellect. I am surprised that he should be ruled by pride, or is that he is that protected and precious. You never know who people are, and to judge quickly and discard is a shame. You never know who you might learn from or actually like with time. Purging anyone is beneath any educated person. Intolerance is an infection that only hurts humanity in general. I will follow him regardless and learn and appreciate his work and writing. AND ADAM what a genuine fine person, for turning me to OUD HUD. I bought an entire bottle. I love it so much and would never have found it without his kindness and patience with me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Rasoul Salehi, Arsalan and Grega like this.
  5. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

@PersonelHigh Just curious...who makes Oud HUD? Is that the actual name?

Rasoul Salehi and PersonelHigh like this.
  6. PersonelHigh

Yes it is OUD HUD and it is an unreleased oud probably because it was soaked:) (just guessing) oil from Ensar Oud!

Arsalan likes this.
  7. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

Nice! Thanks!
    Is it a Hindi one? Barn level??

PersonelHigh likes this.
  8. PersonelHigh

Yes but the barn is very velvety and smooth, it merges with what I think of as the egg-ness of oud wood. I need to write a review to give you better picture. It's a revelatory barn:)

Arsalan likes this.
  9. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

May life continue being kind to you and may more and more of us catch on to your words shared above. May your journey in oud only gain momentum and strength and for you to enjoy all the beauties.

PersonelHigh, Joe King and Sproaty like this.
  10. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Even the low tolerance for fermented and super barn sensitive in me bows and appreciates the greatness in hud. Lucky me I have a visit with it again this evening courtesy of an oud buddy. Now I need to think of what to bring for him in spirit of reciprocation.

PersonelHigh, Sproaty and Arsalan like this.

Promote Oud!