Prayers for Sidi Usama Canon

Discussion in 'General' started by Habz786, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Some of you may be aware that Sidi Usama Canon the owner of Oudimentery has been diagnosed with ALS disease. This post is to request prayers for his health and well being. We ask Allah SWT (God) to cure him, to grant him health, to give him a long life and grant him patience.

My friend Usama Canon, who was recently diagnosed with ALS, offered great wisdom at the Taleef Collective on Oct 1st:

1) "The doctor told me what I already knew -- that I'm going to die. The only difference is that he gave me a timeframe. But a bus could hit any of us tomorrow and we could die when we were already spiritually dead. I appreciate all the duas and love, but I want everyone to take time to examine their own spiritual illnesses. You may be walking around with envy or arrogance or jealousy in your heart and then you die not having done anything about it when you knew you had this problem and actually had the chance to do something about it."

2) "Be good to your parents and your teachers. Serve them and care for them and make them happy. Anything good you do - it's because of them and they have a reward in it. Anything bad you do - it's because you're a fool and it's all on you."

3) "When I got my diagnosis, I immediately thought about whom I have to make things right with. If you're going to differ with one another, differ with love. Let go of the petty grievances. Are we really going to wait till the Day of Judgement to sort it out?"

4) "The first people I called after I got my diagnosis were my closest friends and Imam Zaid and Shaykh Hamza. Imam Zaid has a way of making you feel like your bad news is good news. I called Shaykh Hamza and he answered on the first ring which was a surprise. And then I broke down. I heard his voice and I immediately realized, 'This is it. This is what we've been preparing for. This is what it's all been about.'"

5) "Eat right. Exercise. Drink water. Go outside. And spend time with your kids. Don't let anyone take your time away from your kids."

God bless him and provide ease.

Usama-Canon-of-oudimentary-the-ritual-of-arabic-tea-using-oud.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. firdaous

firdaous Oud Kinamic

Golden words :clapping::clapping::clapping:

3. hasans1412

hasans1412 Resident Artisan

Much needed advises! May Allah (God) grant him good health and elevate his ranks.

4. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

Ameen, may Allah have mercy and grant him recovery

5. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

6. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Amiiin!!! May Allah swt cure him

F4R1d0uX and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  7. Ouddict

Sidi Usama Canon is one of the true pioneers of Oud in the West. Always humble and unassuming, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man.

May Allah grant him and his family ease in this difficult trial.

CE4577DA-FFD0-4FED-97CC-2689E4C5B533.jpeg

8. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

I ask Allah to have mercy on him and forgive him and inspire him patience Ameen...

9. Alkhadra

Alkhadra "Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan

May Allah be merciful on him and guide his soul. May Allah grant him good health and inspire him with patience. Allahuma Ameen.

10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

May he live a long long blessed life.
    'Allahumma-shhfina'a la sha'afi illa'a Anta'!
    May the Al Sha'afi bless him with health.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  11. sami

sami Oud Fan

I heard about his condition from a friend at my local masjid where brother Usama visited frequently...I didn't know he owned Oudimentery. Mashallah, hes very dedicated and an inspirational speaker who has had a very positive impact on the youth of our community here in Houston. May Allah swt grant him shifa and maghfirah and give him the patience to get through this test. Ameen.

12. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

May Allah give him long life

F4R1d0uX and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  13. Faheem

Faheem Resident Artisan

Allah give him shifa ameen.

14. Ouddict

I wrote to him recently but didn’t hear back... now I know why. Very sad indeed. :(

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  15. Royalbengalouds

Royalbengalouds Resident Artisan

May Allah SWT give him long life to see his grand children, and may Allah SWT help all people in need

Ouddict and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.

Promote Oud!