hassam mac

True Ouddict
There are some good once attar al ghutra,sehr kalemat, safari extreme, khashab oud,etc ,fragrance du bois sahraa oud, Arabian knight, sheheryar,creed aventus, green irish tweed, black afgano, rasasi boruzz range ,etc

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

Philip

Oud Fan
Several years ago I purchased Clive Christian C for Men - I love it so much that I never use it. Recently I sampled it in London, and could barely recognize it. Does anyone know if it has been reformulated recently? If so, what a bummer. Best Oud cologne IMHO.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Just sniffed this Di Ser Kyara... not sure what the fuss is about. Smells like sweet pine and wood laced with lemon. I’ve smelled liquid soaps dispensed at the cinema toilets better than this.

As for the Kyara Ko Twe... well now. That is a very different story.

7D462DDC-CFFE-4111-B3B2-932933B3E5BD.jpeg

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Is it so,then u guys need to watch this

I enjoyed his video about sandalwood oils . It was quite educative.

Speaking of perfumes, and especially synthetic blends. Around 2 years ago I bought a small sample of Creed Royal Oud. (just because I was hoping it will introduce me to oud) It was totally disappointing. :thumbsdown: Even 4 dollars cheap full bottle of something in grocery store seems much nicer than this stuff. And I wasted like $5 for 2 ml EDP-like sample. The opening maybe wasn’t that bad, as it had cedar notes that I like but later.... crap, and it’s ending on angelica that is basically the dominating note through all the phases. Well, I still have a bit of it, but it had to go bad, since now it smells more like dill flowers than angelica to me. If I added garlic this would have the aroma of sour cucumber pickles that are popular in my country.

And now that I’ve experienced the true real oud... :Notworthy: I know for sure. This has 0% oud. The only “oud” in Creed Royal Oud is in its name. And it's a shame, because it might mislead many people about what real oud is like...

Last edited:

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
But not all synthetic perfumes are that crap and going bad with time. An example could be Kenzo Jungle Homme. I had 1ml sample of this. Very strong scent. When I just got it, it had strong zesty citrus top notes. It felt like a fragrance for someone younger, a teenager. After sitting 2 years in my cabinet I tried it again. Top citrus notes was gone. What was left was very clean, elegant pleasant vertiver with a hint of green woodiness. That was more like it! I used whole sample quick.

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Quite cool short documentary about the (synthetic/big brands) perfume industry and perfumes cost I just found and watched:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oil + Alcohol= Designer Perfume

Hence, it can also be said:
Vintage Oil+ Non Denatured Alcohol/ Alcohol= Artisan Perfume

Then what about the oils other than Oud and Santal used in artisan perfumery? Are they artisan oils the way Oud and Santal are?

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Oil + Alcohol= Designer Perfume

Hence, it can also be said:
Vintage Oil+ Non Denatured Alcohol/ Alcohol= Artisan Perfume

Then what about the oils other than Oud and Santal used in artisan perfumery? Are they artisan oils the way Oud and Santal are?

No idea, I’ve never looked up what really means artisan oil or perfume. But I would guess that yes, why not.
Whenever I read artisan perfume, attar, oil... I imagine something that was done with passion for the art of perfume itself, seeking some kind of perfection... not with big business in mind, market calculations and so on..

Sofmusc

Oud Beginner
I'm obsessed with that white cat. This one just sneezed after snorting some bad oud.

:D:D:D

Mr.P

oud<3er
No idea, I’ve never looked up what really means artisan oil or perfume. But I would guess that yes, why not.
Whenever I read artisan perfume, attar, oil... I imagine something that was done with passion for the art of perfume itself, seeking some kind of perfection... not with big business in mind, market calculations and so on..

THis is the key. A perfume planned out of love of scent, not market research by a committee

MrEleven1181

Oud Fan
Anyone have EO no 1 or 2 and if so how do you find them ? Blind bought both last night and then started watching YouTube reviews, seems some mixed opinions.