OudNews

Discussion in 'General' started by Ouddict, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

This forum is a multi-faceted resource for Oud Lovers.

You can share your thoughts on your daily swipe, ask advice, or discuss the “Oud Biz”.

You can connect with Vendors, and learn more about distillation.

You can sell or swap some of your collection.

The Founding Administrators (and we know who they are:D:D) kept the platform open, thus allowing it to grow properly, and it is likely to keep on growing.

What’s my point??

This forum has Value, and I appreciate that!

Now for a swipe of my multi-oud blend to start my day:Inlove:

2. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud and spirituality has always been discussed. But how difficult it is to be spiritual. It is easy to clone a vendor. But how difficult it is to be a clone of a spiritual master, and then how enormously difficult it is to stay spiritual when 'business' is in. Putting aside spirituality, if at all it is just a business, then its ethics are there. If violated, then pure Oud is worse than hell stinky synthetics.

Gone are the days when consumers were treated like tools and 'pipettes'. Realization is a must. Bashing is by nature short lived, and catastrophic for the very culprit. After all acid destroys the container first that holds it. Consumers/ wearers count a lot. Oud comes second. First just human being. Even if a single consumer is bashed, all are bashed. If I stayed silent, the next turn would definitely be mine. This is an irrefutable reality. If any of vendors try to be a Faustus and a demi-god in Oud Universe, 'cut-is-the-branch-that-might-have-grown-full-straight' is always there.

The scenario is getting better and better. Healthy competition is getting roots. Vendors now exhibit strong nerves as they listen to the views with patience as well. Otherwise, when I say 'Merauke is shoe-factory- 'chappal house- scent, I would have been made history. Reselling is no more dubious. Comparison of oils is now a reflex action. Of course, without critical analysis, nothing can be reviewed.

Here, the pioneers are always 'pioneers'. Respect for them is my duty. May they stay blessed evermore. Now the Forum is beaded with PEARL's precious words. A Che Guevara for me to be followed.

Royhalwood, Arsalan, Grega and 3 others like this.
  3. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

4. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

Excellent post Pearl,
    even with my bad English (as someone point it out) I almost got it 100%:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

“business is business” yes but, I just will like to add that Artisanal oud business is wayyyy different than your Microsoft – IBM business.

If you are Artisanal vendor and were able to build well established business with few hundred clients this a very big achievement it shows that you have an excellent business and marketing skills, you will need to respect and treat well every single customer, even the biggest pain in the ass customer.

I do not agree with "The customer is always right" slogan, but in case of the Artisanal oud business is an exception.

Here is a brilliant and one of my favorites quotes from Warren Buffett: It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

kooolaid79, PEARL, Ouddict and 3 others like this.
  5. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Good post my friend, as a seller, and I mention it openly I'm not shy to say to a customer : "you are headache".
    Customer knows it will be said with a certain kindness.

I also won't hesitate to correct someone who repeat a false informaton in public. It's okay if I'm boycoted. I love oud too much ...

Royhalwood, Ouddict, Sproaty and 3 others like this.
  6. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

"you are headache"
    coming from you I will take it as a compliment:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Ouddict, Sproaty, Joe King and 2 others like this.
  7. F4R1d0uX

Loool yes nobody got vexed at least. Someone headache knows he/she is.
    It's a kind of personality that seller must deal with and most of time I'm pleasured to have long conversations even on other topics.
    A customer can be headache and be a cool individual when it comes to something else than oud :Roflmao:.

8. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

even with headache I assume you respect them and treat them well.
    thought no :mouth:
    :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Ouddict, Joe King and F4R1d0uX like this.
  9. MzM

MzM Oud King

Haha I hope he does too. : ))

Ouddict, F4R1d0uX and peter4ptv like this.
  10. F4R1d0uX

Looool ! Of course I have even kind of affection, it's hard to imagine especialy how i introduced myself here in the forum, but I love people in general. If you know me in real life, I'm the kind of individual who will joke with strangers in the streets and talk to any random people.

MzM, Rai Munir, Ouddict and 5 others like this.
  11. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

The three most difficult things in life to control are other people’s behavior, spouse, and a golf ball.

12. bhanny

bhanny Whats this Oud About?

Simply superb. But do be careful around those dubious cereal killers. Captain Crunch simply frightens me.

Ouddict and PEARL like this.
  13. Tarik

Tarik Junior Member

An nafs .

14. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

15. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

I will assume I am the cool customer :Cooler::Laugh::Laugh::p

MzM, F4R1d0uX and Rai Munir like this.
  16. F4R1d0uX

You're both cool customer and gentleman ! But you know it already lol.

I was more talking about headache customer who can be a cool individual out of trade.

What I was ppinting is to not stamp a whole personality just on customer approach.

Joe King, bhanny and MzM like this.
  17. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

I found my thoughts wandering last night and I kept imagining an oud blind test challenge.
    Someone should really get the ball rolling on something like that.
    And not just for the reality check regarding perceived value, but also for the pure thrill of such an exercise,
    I think ouddicts everywhere would love to observe such a challenge and that beyond the educational process, it should reignite a spark in our shared passion.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Rai Munir, Arsalan, jalil and 2 others like this.
  18. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@powdernose many claim to be objective....this i feel is the only real way and have said so for a long time! Blind testing no story, info or vendor mention.....pure scent and nose.

Arsalan, jalil, Joe King and 2 others like this.
  19. F4R1d0uX

I agree and it needs someone who likes all types of oud and known to be skilled :Thumbsup:

jalil, Joe King and Ouddict like this.
  20. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

Great Idea, it would be an experiment to try out perhaps at the Oud fayre. Each vendor can supply 3 or 4 samples labeled 1 to 4 or a third party person could take samples from each vendor and label them without letting anyone know. Then through the course of the weekend visitors can try the oils and give them a numerical rating...? something along these lines would be very interesting

Nicolas, Oudamberlove, MzM and 6 others like this.

Promote Oud!