Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
CE5663FB-FA7C-4540-AD10-3BB5823FEFA8.jpeg
1996 maluku wood Ensar Oud
So now I get it. Ensar told me basically his comments in taha philipina wood with kyen comment was genuine and not meant as anything other than lovely piece of wood. Or the back to basics post Kruger made on the wood they use which looked very ordinary to novice eyes is actually seriously high quality wood. Why did so many of us get it wrong?

The message is the mentality of darker the wood the better the scent is incorrect. More resination the higher the grade is incorrect. Yes. And he sent me something to prove it. Well I bought it. Pretty pricy too. Wana say $45 a gram and you have 10 grams here. I share this so you don’t think oh well low-grade wood too can be nice and emit pleasant scent. No no No. this is something else.

Feast your eyes on this very ordinary wood. Well, it is anything but. Completely and totally different note, scent, behavior and profile. Love child of malinau and philipina. Borneo50k oil meats philipina 1. Amazing top notes and profound projection. Wood is chuck full of oil. Tons of micro bubbles on the wood is visible when in high heat subitism. Most delicately woven notes on low heat. It doesn’t have that thick honey darker note of let’s say duhl q but it has something else equally pretty.

I do however wonder why didn’t ensar share this with us and educate the newbies with simple language use and layman terms. Then again he is how and who he is. It is not his responsibility. it would be nice but the participation and time of distillers spent in the forums is not something to be expected but appreciated. I miss imperial Shareef taha adam ensar.... posts and inputs. We had so much lovely educational discussion. Then every time people’s feathers get ruffled and thread goes sideways. A month long of nasty posts on all sides manifests and then we go back to square one.

I know what I am going to do. Be tolerant. Remain objective and continue to stay neutral.

Last edited:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
View attachment 4549 1996 maluku wood Ensar Oud
So now I get it. Ensar told me basically his comments in taha philipina wood with kyen comment was genuine and not meant as anything other than lovely piece of wood. Or the back to basics post Kruger made on the wood they use which looked very ordinary to novice eyes is actually seriously high quality wood. Why did so many of us get it wrong?

The message is the mentality of darker the wood the better the scent is incorrect. More resination the higher the grade is incorrect. Yes. And he sent me something to prove it. Well I bought it. Pretty pricy too. Wana say $45 a gram and you have 10 grams here. I share this so you don’t think oh well low-grade wood too can be nice and emit pleasant scent. No no No. this is something else.

Feast your eyes on this very ordinary wood. Well, it is anything but. Completely and totally different note, scent, behavior and profile. Love child of malinau and philipina. Borneo50k oil meats philipina 1. Amazing top notes and profound projection. Wood is chuck full of oil. Tons of micro bubbles on the wood is visible when in high heat subitism. Most delicately woven notes on low heat. It doesn’t have that thick honey darker note of let’s say duhl q but it has something else equally pretty.

I do however wonder why didn’t ensar share this with us and educate the newbies with simple language use and layman terms. Then again he is how and who he is. It is not his responsibility. it would be nice but the participation and time of distillers spent in the forums is not something to be expected but appreciated. I miss imperial Shareef taha adam ensar.... posts and inputs. We had so much lovely educational discussion. Then every time people’s feathers get ruffled and thread goes sideways. A month long of nasty posts on all sides manifests and then we go back to square one.

I know what I am going to do. Be tolerant. Remain objective and continue to stay neutral.
Dearest Rasoul, I cannot say anything about aroma, but the pieces look excessively clean. Not jungle-y look they show. I mean not rough tough. Seem to be rinsed and rubbed to beautify the chunks.

Yes, you sre right overly resinous does not mean aroma in abundance.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Dearest Rasoul, I cannot say anything about aroma, but the pieces look excessively clean. Not jungle-y look they show. I mean not rough tough. Seem to be rinsed and rubbed to beautify the chunks.

Yes, you sre right overly resinous does not mean aroma in abundance.
I’ll inquire the background on the wood and why it looks as it goes etc.

@Rai Munir
Not to rehash past or best that dead horse, The main point though that was lost on many is oil rich wood in the Wild minus the resin not only exists but can be even a superior product much like the philipina wood taha once sold. Didn’t look amazing but the scent was nuts.

MzM

Oud King
Oh no, no. I just endorsed your point that apparently less black and less resinous can be highly aromatic. No doubt. Yes, I tried AA's phillipina wood and the scent was unforgettable.
This is interesting, I didn't know that less resinous could be better smelling than more resinous. Good to know. So basically smell before you buy.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
This is interesting, I didn't know that less resinous could be better smelling than more resinous. Good to know. So basically smell before you buy.
:Roflmao:

If it happens, smelling before buying, then mostly buying won't take place.;).

More resinous means more bubbling. Thus, a beautiful spectacle for eyes. Beautiful aroma for olfactory is probable.

Today was crazy!!
I went through all my woods and did a quick test of aroma:confused::confused::confused::Coffee::Coffee::Alien::Notworthy:
What a grueling task:nose:

Now I have some chips/batches that I don’t want anymore. Rejects!

AD7F77FB-C7C8-4A8D-914A-68601D0F7265.jpeg

83204619-BAB1-4CD8-9036-D65E71B13376.jpeg

I feel like just throwing them away.
I don’t feel right giving them away because you should share things you like, not your rejects:Cautious:

But if someone wants to try them anyway, I wouldn’t mind shipping it to them for free.

Should I do a Habz style contest...guess the weight???

Any suggestions???

MzM

Oud King
Today was crazy!!
I went through all my woods and did a quick test of aroma:confused::confused::confused::Coffee::Coffee::Alien::Notworthy:
What a grueling task:nose:

Now I have some chips/batches that I don’t want anymore. Rejects!

View attachment 4962

View attachment 4963
I feel like just throwing them away.
I don’t feel right giving them away because you should share things you like, not your rejects:Cautious:

But if someone wants to try them anyway, I wouldn’t mind shipping it to them for free.

Should I do a Habz style contest...guess the weight???

Any suggestions???
What's wrong with them?

Yes.

Shipping charges are to be paid if one doesn't want a friendly contest.
Dear Rai, these are rejects, I would not dream of charging any $$

*****They don’t smell great*****
*****Better for ornamental or display use*****
With that in mind, guessing games are fun.
For those interested, just guess the weight of the four chips on the scale. The winner gets all the chips on the table. Just so it will be worth something, I will include a couple other items, not rejects:Cooler:. To speed things up, the guessing format is xx.x grams (the weight rounded to the nearest tenth of a gram)
040CAF2B-F780-4E73-B12B-AB241EE81024.jpeg