View attachment 14961 gram very aromatic chips from Shoyeido,
tiny cut (kizami).
Very resinated.
$21 shipped to my door from Japan.
Seller is on etsy, but I bought the last two packs he had. I hope he gets more in.

I have not tried it yet, but they look so yummy:)

wonderful wood! enjoy , i think this are not kyara because i her japan forbidden sending kyara out japan ! :)

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
Malaysian oud glitter
IMG-20170830-WA0006.jpeg

hedycent

True Ouddict
Yes I am getting some agarwood tea pellets from jk, I've made tea with chips a few times. Definitely worth a try if you haven't yet.
I was wondering if this wine was meant as medicine or a high end way of getting drunk . Seams a bit of a waste if oud after the first couple of glasses lol.
For all those who don't drink alcohol , being drunk dose not leave you with good taste or scent perception

Last edited:

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Hey everyone :)

The alcohol isn't intended for getting drunk. Water is the "universal solvent" - but water does not extract all molecules. Just the hydrophilic (water attracting) ones. Alcohol is an often better solvent, especially for medical purposes.

Alcohol is a composed of both Alcohol and Water, and conversely, will extract both hydrophilic and lipophilic compounds (water and oil soluble components). This is why Oud oil, alone, doesn't function the same as utilizing the wood as internal medicine - the oil is missing the water soluble components. This is why medical wines have such a long standing tradition in Asian cultures, and specifically in Chinese and Kampo Medicine. Even the type of alcohol is taken into consideration (or at least, should be) - as different alcohol effect the body in different ways. For example - Sake has more of an affinity for the Flesh, Spleen and Stomach - and Grape Wine has more of an affinity for the Liver and Gallbladder, Tendons and Ligaments.

Agarwood, specifically, has an affinity for the Stomach and Kidneys, and has both a Warming and Moving action. This is why drinking Agarwood Tea makes you feel warm, especially in the lower region of your body.

As an herb by itself, Agarwood has these properties - but there are better ways to make use of it's medical actions by further combining with other herbs and making various formulations. There are over 300 patent formulas alone that utilize Agarwood as an ingredient. Many more which are not patent formulations (patent simply means "prepared" - not the legal patenting that we utilize that word).

If you look within the confines of Arabic and Muslim Medicine - medical wines were also used prolifically. The man we know as Avicenna in the West - was both distiller and physician. Although there is evidence of high proof distillation of alcohol in the past - our modern form of distilling alcohol is accredited to Avicenna, and it was he who developed higher proof alcohol distillation for use in both medicine and extracting fragrant materials. If you're a Muslim, I understand the aversion to consuming alcohol - but for medical purposes, historically this was not an issue.

Hope that helps to clarify!

The alcohol isn't intended for getting drunk. Water is the "universal solvent" - but water does not extract all molecules. Just the hydrophilic (water attracting) ones. Alcohol is an often better solvent, especially for medical purposes.

Alcohol is a composed of both Alcohol and Water, and conversely, will extract both hydrophilic and lipophilic compounds (water and oil soluble components). This is why Oud oil, alone, doesn't function the same as utilizing the wood as internal medicine - the oil is missing the water soluble components. This is why medical wines have such a long standing tradition in Asian cultures, and specifically in Chinese and Kampo Medicine. Even the type of alcohol is taken into consideration (or at least, should be) - as different alcohol effect the body in different ways. For example - Sake has more of an affinity for the Flesh, Spleen and Stomach - and Grape Wine has more of an affinity for the Liver and Gallbladder, Tendons and Ligaments.

Agarwood, specifically, has an affinity for the Stomach and Kidneys, and has both a Warming and Moving action. This is why drinking Agarwood Tea makes you feel warm, especially in the lower region of your body.

As an herb by itself, Agarwood has these properties - but there are better ways to make use of it's medical actions by further combining with other herbs and making various formulations. There are over 300 patent formulas alone that utilize Agarwood as an ingredient. Many more which are not patent formulations (patent simply means "prepared" - not the legal patenting that we utilize that word).

If you look within the confines of Arabic and Muslim Medicine - medical wines were also used prolifically. The man we know as Avicenna in the West - was both distiller and physician. Although there is evidence of high proof distillation of alcohol in the past - our modern form of distilling alcohol is accredited to Avicenna, and it was he who developed higher proof alcohol distillation for use in both medicine and extracting fragrant materials. If you're a Muslim, I understand the aversion to consuming alcohol - but for medical purposes, historically this was not an issue.

More than enough thank you

hedycent

True Ouddict

Wonderful post, thanks JK

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
My pleasure :) This actually leads me to a question of my own...

For the Muslim folks here - what are your thoughts on consuming medical wines (meaning herbal preparations extracted with alcohol)?

I know some avoid alcohol and consider it haram. Historically, from what I can tell, this hasn't always been the case. So I guess the real question is - within the Muslim community - is consuming medicine in the form of tinctures / medical wines permissible?

I'm sure there may be some dissenting opinions. Let's not all try to kill each other in responding :)

hedycent

True Ouddict
Very interesting question, I just asked it of one of my Sunni friends. He is of the opinion that it's permissible if other medical alternatives have been exhausted and it's in a non intoxicating quantity. Not my question to answer I know but thought I'd pass on the response in an unfiltered manner. Anyone is free to ask me to delete this post and I will without hesitation , peace love and respect to all

My pleasure :) This actually leads me to a question of my own...

For the Muslim folks here - what are your thoughts on consuming medical wines (meaning herbal preparations extracted with alcohol)?

I know some avoid alcohol and consider it haram. Historically, from what I can tell, this hasn't always been the case. So I guess the real question is - within the Muslim community - is consuming medicine in the form of tinctures / medical wines permissible?

I'm sure there may be some dissenting opinions. Let's not all try to kill each other in responding :)

I think if it is necessary to use this medication and the unavailability of the alternative it will be possible to use it...