Dr B1414

True Ouddict
White kinam is head and shoulders superior in every possible manner and metric. Truly a superb oil.
I have just a tiny sample V-vial of WK and it is the most prized oil in my collection.
I agree with these statements. WK is truly an amazing oil. Maybe the best Borneo oil EO has offered, although I haven't tried all. I did compare it to the OG Borneo 3000 and I'd take WK over it any given day. I believe Ensar said in a video that WK is basically B 4000 but distilled by his Sifu in Taiwan. Interesting fact I'd say.

Bay Oud

Oud Beginner
I share your preferences as far as species go, and also had a little bit of this oil at one point and it was quite nice. Like you i find it’s a little bit challenging to see all the good things folks keep offering here because I am trying very hard to curtail extra spending right now.
This makes me happy, finding people with similar preferences and reading their reviews and notes makes it helpful for me to know whether I will like something they have tried.

Goodness Nose

True Ouddict
Papua might be my favorite region. the gyrinops and filaria are definitely my favorites to smell and this one is right up there at the top. Kepi is leathery and and rich with wet clay and super powerful. it gives me a mental image of light grey/blue leather drying. one of those oddly familiar smells that just makes this one particularly cozy. to top it off, it's a live tree harvest that was vacuum distilled so it's a little bit different from buried deadfall. you can tell even before they are buried, these trees smell heavy of the Earth. RisingPhoenix has this one :)

Attachments

• 20240326_081044.jpg
    20240326_081044.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 28

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
2 amazing oils from Habz - Turba & Hindi X (which I think's now called Hareer)
Hareer is fantastic - I'm into its drydown now with that classic Hindi profile, fantastic. Rugged leather, hay, tobacco with a slight sweetness. Its opening had a slight barn note but nothing animalic.

Turba is a great Papua oil, not minty but has a vaporous cooling vibe to it, earthy and mulchy

This is so weird. I just got back from a walk (I'm in work) and could smell both of these oils very strongly, now that I'm back in the office they are much fainter. Interesting!

I also wore Cambodi Ateeq by him last night and that has a fantastic drydown too but not too fussed on the opening. I much prefer barny Hindis to Cambodis

Obada

True Ouddict
Yusa Aromatics - Murasaki
This one filled the gap in my heart for the perfect cambodi on 1st sniff!
Explodes with dark purple florals, slightly powdery with a red fruity sweet background. It smelled for a while like these purple malays and then settled to a beautiful red sweet cambodi profile that reminds me of Koh Kong Imperiale. Such a delicious oil and already one of my favorites only from 1st sniff 😋
I somehow knew this is what I can expect from Yusa, I just dont know why it took me so long 🤯

TheOudDood

Not that Brandon
I agree with these statements. WK is truly an amazing oil. Maybe the best Borneo oil EO has offered, although I haven't tried all. I did compare it to the OG Borneo 3000 and I'd take WK over it any given day. I believe Ensar said in a video that WK is basically B 4000 but distilled by his Sifu in Taiwan. Interesting fact I'd say.
Very interesting, I never tried Borneo 4000, did you? I tried 2000 and 3000. 3000 was superb and 2000 was a little too much like cedar wood/hamster cage for my liking.

Dr B1414

True Ouddict
Very interesting, I never tried Borneo 4000, did you? I tried 2000 and 3000. 3000 was superb and 2000 was a little too much like cedar wood/hamster cage for my liking.
Didn't get to try 4000 either. I have it on my list of oils to get a small amount of, more for referance, alongside 5000, Erutgul. But not sure if I want it anymore. These Borneos are fantastic but I feel, unlike Malays and Vietnamese, I don't need to own too many. So far I have White K, Malinau Qi, Grand Emperor Tarakan, 50 K and Kyara de Kalbar. These are top notch imo, each offering a slightly different taste of Borneo, mostly Malinau, except for 2. To me 3000 felt in the same vein as 50 k, more or less, and it didn't surpass the others mentioned.

Arabiad07

Oud Fanatic
After two busy days, time to wind down with some green jasmine tea and
Jinkoh store - grand emperor of pursat
Habzoud - Raja Hijau. I looked up its name and found that 'hijau' means green, and Raja Hijau was a queen. And that's what this oil is, a queen! :)
Sultan Akhdar and Raja Hijau would be sold for 500-800/g by some vendors.

They are a steal and top tier. Habzoud isn’t messing around

Zazu

True Ouddict
Sultan Akhdar and Raja Hijau would be sold for 500-800/g by some vendors.

They are a steal and top tier. Habzoud isn’t messing around
I don’t know what the prices would be when they would have been sold by other vendors but I believe you!
Habzoud’s oils are devoid of fancy adjectives but one shouldn’t be fooled by that.

Sadly I slept on Sultan Akhdar. Somehow, I thought that it was a Hindi. How I got that idea, I don’t know. 😅
I’m pretty sad I missed out on that one, but I took no risk for Raja!

Dr B1414

True Ouddict
Oriscent Royal Kinam 1

Put a 1/4 of a drop in my surgical mask. Getting a brain meltdown. This is probably the most nose numbing oil I ever tried. Very few oils did that to me. None like this one.

Still trying to figure out how to get the most of wearing oud oils out. As someone mentioned previously, I find that applying high end oils near my nose(neck area) results in noseblindness within 5 minutes. Curiously, it doesn't happen with medium grade oils.
Did another tiny swap of Royal Kinam on my wrist and put my jacket on. It's been wafting from underneath my jacket at all times. When I put it behind my ear lobes it was gone almost instantly.

TheOudDood

Not that Brandon
Are they similar/identical?
They do sound very similar name wise and region wise.
Certainly have some similarities but def not identical.

Different distillation styles. Different regions as well.

FHI is 100% Hong Kong, where as FH is a blend of Hong Kong and Hainan, which alters the profile a bit.

However the Hong Kong profile is still quite strong in FH.

Both are great oils from one of my favorite regions, side by side highlights the similarities and differences.

I might go ahead and do it again :)

Dr B1414

True Ouddict
Certainly have some similarities but def not identical.

Different distillation styles. Different regions as well.

FHI is 100% Hong Kong, where as FH is a blend of Hong Kong and Hainan, which alters the profile a bit.

However the Hong Kong profile is still quite strong in FH.

Both are great oils from one of my favorite regions, side by side highlights the similarities and differences.

I might go ahead and do it again :)
Is FHI similar to Emperor Guan Yu? I've heard so.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Habz' Meroke Qadeem & Raja Hijau
great oils! Generally not a fan of Merauke oils but am enjoying this. Rather quiet sitting here in the office but I went to another of our buildings on foot and the scent was way more prominent
The Raja is an interesting Malaysian, forgoes the atypical green/black resinous vibe and is a little sweet, smooth but not incensey or smokey to me. I need to smell it outside a bit more.

Anyone else get massive differences in performance depending on being inside/outside? My recent experience of oud inside has been quite poor!

Habz' Meroke Qadeem & Raja Hijau
great oils! Generally not a fan of Merauke oils but am enjoying this. Rather quiet sitting here in the office but I went to another of our buildings on foot and the scent was way more prominent
The Raja is an interesting Malaysian, forgoes the atypical green/black resinous vibe and is a little sweet, smooth but not incensey or smokey to me. I need to smell it outside a bit more.

Anyone else get massive differences in performance depending on being inside/outside? My recent experience of oud inside has been quite poor!
Yes, indoors vs outdoors, there’s a difference, plus other factors like morning nose, evening nose, and what other scents you smelled recently, pre shower, post shower, to name a few.

Fragdoctor

Oud Beginner
a small swipe of purple kinam oil which my grandfather got from his father and he gave it to me a few years ago ( I had not started my old journey back then). I have not smelled anything of this calibre. Have tried more than a dozen form "sultan's vault", own oriscent oils and other oils from esteemed distillers but this oil is special. I wonder who gave it to my great grand father....he was a leather trader, maybe someone along the journey of his life gave him this as a gift. My grand father is not a big fan of our ( I am happy he is not otherwise this oil would have been used up :p).

this oil is special, not only because of the emotional value attached but also because of what it smells like. Nothing like I've ever come across.

would I be swiping it like I swipe my oils? maybe not. this is roughly about 4-5 grams and I would want it to be a fragrant memory of my great grand father - this will be passed on.

I am in an absolute bliss.