Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

EO yunan exclusive:

i knew it will eventually happen. i am actually digging chinese oils. the beastly pheromonic sharp opening ones by ensar in particular.

i still don't LOVE the opening notes but kinda like it. it is 10-15 min later that the magic unfolds. what a jolt tot he system. perfect wake up oil and pick me upper.

now is time to sell some oils and backtrack and pick up some Chinese that i previously passed on.

rojas, Edward Muller and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

This one is at the top of my wish list for unavailable oils :praying:

Oudamberlove and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  3. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

ASO Fajr

I just receive the sample...al hamdoulilah I anticipated by buying a bottle!

The drydown is heavenly...like frankincense on the burner at low temp

4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

I swapped all Chinese oils for Santal years ago. Now I have a few samples of top notch Chinese, and anxiously awaiting when their 'mustard oil-y psyche' would transform into Oud.

Oudamberlove and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  5. Rasoul Salehi

the dry down is sensual and gorgeous.

Oudamberlove, Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  6. Oudian

Oudian Whats this Oud About?

I'm currently wearing Oud Ishaq, Oud Isa (thanks to Habz), and a dab from my sample of White Kinam. <3

7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

This morning......

RBO Wild Classic Koh Kong
    Delicious Boozey Funk,
    my overall satisfactory index on this oil is quite high.

Right now......
    Somebody passed a sample of Habz Vintage Borneo to me;)
    Nice oil!!!

8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Please share more. If possible share your precious views about the quality of aroma it emanates.

I found this oil of high quality in all respect.

alcolado glacial likes this.
  9. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Interested to hear your thoughts on white kinam?

10. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Semkhor by Imperial Oud very nice hindi golden barn

11. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud Shams by HO:
    Luxuriant Ceylon Oud fragrance
    True to Ceylon DNA
    Ideal projection; neither too loud (Thank God), nor too low

12. Rasoul Salehi

ASO Jannah (papua)
    gawd diggydy damn. this is one damn fine oil. the signature of ASO still felt albeit faint and not as distinct as their malay/hindi oils. RUN dont walk. this is a must have must try oil. if papuan oils were to green or too dark in profile for you, you need not look elsewhere. this oil is really really really speaking to me. gorgeous. and distinctly papua to my nose.

side note:
    i got fajr too. i need to give it more time. the meroke whispers confuse me for a borneo oil although the vanilla and light open airy delicate green moss notes are there and of typical borneo. also, i pick up some subtle sweet smoky toasted note and a bitter root veg chinese thing i am not crazy about.

for now i am happy to see the origin of borneo as part of the areas i can see for the origin of this oil. i was worried that it would be a super foreign oil and its origin totally absent. i can see why fellow oud lovers went crazy for this oil for it has a good amount of complexity: aside the borneo profile there is the sweet, spicy, toasty, smoky bitter earthy and that maroke damp dark note. like a rainbow. but all these notes are not cohesive for me on this one wear. for me for now, based on one small wear and after Jannah (tough act to follow), fajr is not an oil that speaks to me. i need more time with it. stay tuned in

13. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Habz Vintage Borneo strikes me as a very settled Malinau oil, with practically no camphor or mint, and minimal scent progression.

I immediately notice the vanilla and resin, then I get hit by oudiness. This one is semi-psychoactive.

Anything peppery, floral, and berrylicious lies directly underneath the opening, and gradually surfaces till all is vertically even and in equal proportions.

Anything loud was lost with age, but remains at a happy medium.......with staying power.

An all-around good specimen.

Rai Munir and Arsalan like this.
  14. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

Is this the 2011 one @Habz786 sold early this year...?

15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I’m not sure, I received the sample a couple months ago from a dear fellow ouddict.

16. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I was oud binging today...

Started with Habz Vintage Borneo
    then I thought of what to write about it.

Next up was AA Dao
    sometimes it exudes some complex vapors
    a neat surprise.

After that was some ASO Hareer
    a free sample:praying:
    Hindi with a touch of Bangladesh?, and the Chinese in there is throwing me for a loop,
    need to swipe again.

Followed by FO Funkmaster Burmi
    seems farmed, or is it just me?
    I’m not sure to love it or shelf it:Roflmao::Roflmao:

And finally EO Czar Ceylon
    the opening is quite ethereal
    or better yet cosmos plasmatic:confused:
    but I like the scent at drydown about as much as People’s Ceylon :thumbsup:

17. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: expanding our descriptive data base. no idea what it means but thanks @Oudamberlove

Rai Munir and Sproaty like this.
  18. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Fragrant Harbour Imperiale by Imperial Oud - a magnificent oil :Notworthy: by a magnificent company

19. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Every inch a farmed one.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  20. Rasoul Salehi

EO naga3k (2014 disttilation)

a very gourmand oil that i wana eat a tola of. completely round, smooth and settled. a rich heart and deep base. AA's nashila at one point during the development and before drydown has a very very similar note and profile that i see in naga3k.

zero barn. zero cheese. distant note of dried hay and maybe a gentle leather note. otherwise this is a tobacco, tropical fruit notes (not sweet like that of imperial nagaland) and spices.

nice oil. no wow in it but more importantly nothing to dislike or to point a finger to either.

Promote Oud!