Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

AA Dao

Oudamberlove, PEARL and Joe King like this.
  2. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

Jing Shen Lu..... eo
    goes well with morning tea, great longevity too....

Nadeem likes this.
  3. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

My evening was very enjoyable, partly because of wearing Rose de Malaise. It is a wonder how oud oils have cultivated my taste after trying different ones for months. This one is much much more enjoyable to me now than a month ago. Similarly I am finding Fragrant Harbor extremely beautiful now whereas a month ago I felt nothing smelling it. I thought that chinese oils were not for me but here I am loving it. One day I wore it to bed, woke up smelling the oil (which has a gorgeous drydown) still on my skin and craved the scent ever since.
    Will definitely try more oils from LMK and IO in the future.
    So far I have to say that I don't have a favorite house among those I tried as I enjoy what each has to offer (although I don't enjoy all the oils ;)).

Mellifluence, Nadeem, Sproaty and 5 others like this.
  4. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

IO Semkhor

Oudy good

Joe King likes this.
  5. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly Staff Member

yeah yeah, we know it's Mellifluence ;) :Roflmao:

Mellifluence and Grega like this.
  6. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Haha you got me! :Roflmao:

Sproaty likes this.
  7. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Keo on the left Dao on the right
    Leaning towards the right tonight:Whistling:

8. Sproaty

Today was Noir Velours by LMK. Very nice Hindi but to me, not much barn. Have I become super adjusted?!

Now, 2 oils by Royal Bengal Ouds - Sumataran and Bandarban, I love both of these! I have these on my hands and there is plenty of room on my arms for swipes of some more oud :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

Rai Munir, Oudamberlove and Arsalan like this.
  9. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

Day LMK mandalay signature

night Habzoud wahah

powdernose, Sproaty and Habz786 like this.
  10. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Sniffing the stick from a sample of ASO Marjaan made me crave a heavy hitting Malaysian oil.
    So I swiped some EO Tigerwood Royale.

Nadeem, Rai Munir, iori and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sproaty

I can't even remember what I just swiped on my left hand (!! - no less than 5mins ago) but on my right is Royal Bengal Oud's "Smokey Wild Sri Lankan" which I kinda dislike, yet it has that "keep smelling the nasty smell" quality to it....
    I dunno, it's overly smokey like Feel Oud's Si Lana.

:Cry::Cry: That burnt plastic vibe is all I can smell :Cry::Cry:

Bryan-I and Arsalan like this.
  12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

IO Nagaland Imperiale
    So far it’s holding steady.....not much change
    .......still popping good:thumbsup:

13. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

First screening: encens royale with a dot of Oud Ahmad and a smaller dot of kannan koh. Words don’t fit. Jaws drop. Malay beast. Next time I am gonna try a dot or three of aso malek malayzi. Is an oil cut from similar cloth

Rai Munir likes this.
  14. Rasoul Salehi

Second screening: muana mash up.

%50 by volume nirvata. zero barn and quite sweet. Strong muana note)

20% royal Bhutan: brighter. Drier. Much drier. Barny.

20% muana royale: no barn. Nirvata but drier more elevated more focused higher pitched.

10% Bhutan red. Beast oil. Mature. Old. 9 years old. Mineral. Barny but complex and fascinating. But lacks comfort and that sweetness and inncobe t free muana note. Muana here is transformed to dark side.

Mashup result: god digggy deee damn. Yowza. Delicious. My anticipation percentage match up happens to be on point tonight. I am frankly humbly happy with the results and will repeat this

15. Rasoul Salehi

For me I noticed it pick up more sweetness and those guava and other tropical fruit notes have gained more ripeness and decadence ness

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  16. Rasoul Salehi

xll today. i couldnt stand the opening before and now after many months and small amount of oil seeing tons of air in vial, i can tolerate the opening but not loving it. after 20 minutes though... my o my. darkest of the creme de violette notes meet other dark floral scents and exotic Chinese herbal medicinal notes. terrific evolution and the notes as one approaches dry down are simply fantastic.

jensz and Sproaty like this.
  17. Rasoul Salehi

the other night i wore oud royale sri lanka and it was amazing how i realized the very same core note in al hashimi adan is in this oil as well. it was a jolt to my system moment as i LOVE this note and to date i knew i love ORSL more than other walla oils, but didnt know how or why and now i do!

both adan and ORSL have sooooo much stuffing that i feel like if i was a betting man, both oils will be terrific agers. at the moment aside from 3-4 wears a year, both oils are too powerful and massive for me. they are like little kids throwing tantrums. too much to deal with. but do they ever have the most glroious of drydowns and loooong lasting power. hope my decision to keep 3/4 of the vial for 5, 10 plus years prove to be the right choice.

18. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

AA Keo

jensz, OudGood, kooolaid79 and 2 others like this.
  19. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Midori Q by EO
    nice just nice

20. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Indeed! I have to put it on now :Inlove:

Promote Oud!