Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

From dear @Shabby :D

Shabby likes this.
  2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Sultan Afnan displays the PNG in it’s most sweetest prettiest fraction from what I’ve tried. The Brunei is an odd fella with it’s scrumptious contribution and resinous base. They sway around in a waltz which delighted me from the first moment I tried it.

I’ve had my sample since it’s release, and a bottle since nearly a year ago.

There has been a little mellowing, but no change in profile.

Many Sultan oils were co-distillations with PNG agarwood, so yes, I would blind it a Sultan Oil,
    but quality wise, if there were points for “profile”, then it should score very well.

PersonelHigh likes this.
  3. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

I've had the opp to own and/or sample a few Borneo oils from Malinau, the first being Boid de'Borneo. BdB I wore a good amount of and would refresh throughout the day to avoid the wet cardboard drydown, it did have a good woody vanilla opening though. I ended up giving my dear friend @AZsmell the remainder of my bottle (after adding a little special Pearl-essence I put in oils I share with only him:Poop:) as to not adopt @Rai Munir practice of sprinkling oil in my lawn.

Often we categorize oils and assign them to notes that 'typify' the region, in that respect Borneo Diesel is an outlier and more of the turpy type Borneo oils. I thought the name Borneo Diesel was apt as it openned with petrol-y, gas-y, medium-high pitched and light notes, but as it settled it took on some mellow, mild kinamic notes. The oils that have satisfied my craving for the darker, bolder aspects of what Malinau offers are AgarAura's Royal Malinau and HabzOud Alamin Malinau, the best of the genre that I've tried and neither of which collapse into wet cardboard. Kencana IMO is a Borneo from Malinau that behaves in reverse of most Borneo oils, it starts a bit cardboard-y, perphaps what others see as smoky, but that dissipates quickly and it then opens with excellent clarity and darker Borneo notes. I may take a swipe of Kencana later but right now I'm wearing Agarwood Assam's~Itr Kaafila and I don't want to disturb the groove.

4. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

AA Kuzen.
    This oil never disappoints.

kooolaid79, Joe King, Sproaty and 2 others like this.
  5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

My most revered Sir, exact last day I wanted to sprinkle a Burmese oil, but I repressed my desire when your words echoed in my mind. Today I read this line and laughed heartily.

But what should I do if something annoys me?
    Beautiful!

Grega, Joe King and Sproaty like this.
  6. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

I'll PM you @AZsmell address, he likes dressing up in pink lace panties, lipstick and rubbing oils and rose water on his boobies.

7. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Is this a blind test :Roflmao:

8. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

yes to borneo diesel being outlier-ish. one foot out. other foot firmly standing on that unmistakable oriscent signature a note as obvious as the note in sultan oils in taha's gen 3 and ASO signature.

PEARL likes this.
  9. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

AA royal lao this AM:
    started more chinese than other times, took a trip to vietnam but with a lighter yellow, more kiyosumi/ royal guallam kinda way, before it settled in high elevation, ethereal, Chugoku senkoh/shah jahan like note. mighty complex oil. i want a little more oomph in it in drydown, but that is often the price to pay to achieve that insanely awesome haart note.

10. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

@Habz786 's Harir on one hand, ASQ's Kalakassi on another

Harir is reminding me...very slightly of Imperial Oud's Fragrance Harbour Supreme (from memory) but not as bitter and without that nut note, but somewhat similar. I have no idea where this is from!

Kalakassi is that sweet, smooth niceness :)

rojas, Oudamberlove, PEARL and 2 others like this.
  11. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

PEARL and Habz786 like this.
  12. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

I keep telling you to stop sharing your fantasies.

13. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Rofl @PEARL and AZsmell.

In the spirit of this discussion I have to share that "oud" sounds exactly the same as the word "ud" in my language which has the same meaning as the english "male member". So when discussion turns to what I like to smell, the situation can become quite awkward. :eek::Roflmao:

14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Earlier today EO Assam Organic Meghalaya,

at this moment FO Dr. Hindi

surely tonight will feature barn again:Whistling:

PEARL, Sproaty and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  15. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

testing 2 post-shower from Royal Bengal Ouds. Sumatra and King Koh Cambodian. The Cambodi is a little hard at first but settles down quickly, Sumatra is a belter of a scent :D not so much barn but a mild smokiness that's far from overpowering

16. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Nightcap

EO Oud Zachariyya

Rasoul Salehi, Joe King and OudGood like this.
  17. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

Me too :)
    With a little bit of Chugoku Naya

18. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

And very strong too! Both are still present when I woke up - most oils "rub off" into my sheets while sleeping. Tenacious oils :D
    Today I fancy a Borneo, so Borneo Prism by House of Misk is calling to me

19. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Green Papua - green jungle and a note that reminds me of ancient jungles that over millions of years became oil.

20. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Not the best longevity on this unfortunately, a real stunning smell for the first few hours :(
    Tonight I have swiped my newly acquired Ceylon Royale by Imperial Oud, ooooooh!! It's got that walla patta kick but doesn't seem so oceanic and has a depth to it for sure :Inlove:

Promote Oud!