Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

I agree with what was said above: the smokiness might not disappear but maybe it will tone down only to the drydown. Who knows. Lets see. Between Kencana and Borneo 50k, which one do you guys prefer?

2. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

Perhaps it is apparent to you in the form of another dark aroma? Leather/tobacco?

3. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

Kencana v3 I do get slight smoke at the start. It is blending in much better than when I first got the oil. The first hour is still challenging for me but then the sunshine comes out and it is beautiful.
    Borneo 50K is the opposite for me. The first hour is great but then the wer cardboard note ruins it for me.
    I would take Kencana v3 over 50K especially considering the price is a little more than half of 50K.

4. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

EO - Oud Sultani 1990. Lovely smell, just not the best performer on me. May be because I rub it in / spread it about though (it's so viscous!)

5. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Now Dukhan by @Habz786
    Yes, this is smokey - but seems perfectly so. Has a great balance and isn't too overwhelming. From the bottle it didn't seem very smokey but now, on skin - yes! It kind of has an old vibe, similar to some vintage fragrances.Perhaps some oakmoss type of feel. good stuff :D

Grega and Habz786 like this.
  6. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Sproaty likes this.
  7. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

royal malinau from taha. the greatest malinau i have had the pleasure of trying. borneo diesel aka white kinam is next followed by b50k.

kencana is not in those tiers but also not priced as such.

Oudamberlove and Arsalan like this.
  8. Rasoul Salehi

i know what you mean. b50k was steam distilled and stem distilled oils have a unique trait and quality in drydown. nto so much as wet cardboard to me but more of a wood work shop with fine wood particles en mass getting stuck in your nasal cavity.

back to kencana, i dont see any changes sicne i first got it, or at least so subtle of a change that to my nose is not registering. i am hyper sensetive to the smoke note, so a little of it is a lot for me. having said all of this, there is a little more than a little of it here in this oil.

Grega, Arsalan and Rai Munir like this.
  9. Rasoul Salehi

oud of the morning was syed ascent. glorious maroke. not something that calls to me often but when it does, it is so damn saitsfying. along with adam's maroke haya, most elegant maroke i have tried to date. special oil and taha hit it out of the park with this one.

AZsmell, Oudamberlove, Grega and 2 others like this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Ceylon Royale Oud by IO: No need to swipe as opening the vial is enough. It is truly liquid gold. The aroma is true to its name Royale, and was accurately categorized Imperial.

11. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

I have always been very curious about this oil. How strong is the dusty note during the dry down?

Rai Munir likes this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Ceylon profile is the only one that has fantastic dry down. Otherwise, majority of oils shake hands in the end where they become just dusty, woody, meat market, etc. But Ceylon's oudy pungency stays longer. This particular one I really enjoy till end. So, I could find dust. Otherwise, I would have thrown it out that I don't hesitate at all because I have severe dust allergy as well. At least 15 times I sneeze in a row when some oil has dusty shade. I differentiate between dusty and soil-y/ earthy.

OudGood, Grega and Arsalan like this.
  13. Rasoul Salehi

adh2 has the dusty drydown but not this one. ceylon roayle has very good proper drydown

Rai Munir likes this.
  14. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

not yet, I wanted to try this in isolation. I'll test Harir tomorrow

I have a bottle on route shortly!! :D :D :D

Rai Munir, Rasoul Salehi and Habz786 like this.
  15. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan

Al Hashimi - Lindaraja (along with sweet grass and vetiver) Now that is a very green, sweet and beautiful aroma...

Rai Munir, Alkhadra and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  16. Rasoul Salehi

Time to rest the mind and enjoy an oil that is so beautiful I can’t bring my analytically wired mind to decipher its many components. An oil that it’s whole is so beautiful I can’t be bothered breaking it down. This oil doesn’t get a lot of play time from me. This oil is none other than chugoku senkoh.

My top hindi oils to date have been this oil, Hindustan 1, shah jahan and muana royale. Shah jahan has been mostly comfortably In first seed while others swapped 2nd 3rd... seed. On this evening chugoku senkoh has taken the lead as top seed. First time perhaps since my nose came to witness the beauty of shah jahan and Hindustan 1

Rai Munir, Oudamberlove and Arsalan like this.
  17. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Blissin’ to EO Sultan Afnan:Cooler:

Rasoul Salehi likes this.
  18. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Oud Ard by Habzoud
    Sweet mother earth

Habz786 and Woodland Note like this.
  19. Rasoul Salehi

Ooooooh. I know many sultans but not afnan. Do pls give us your read curt. How long u had it and any changes along the way? Would you say Fully recognizable as a sultan oil in a blind setting?

20. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

:(
    You managed to acquire it from some member, I suppose. Otherwise, it is no more on the list.

Sproaty likes this.

Promote Oud!