Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Went with a true legend tonight for yoga practice: EO kynam emerald. A Malay oil but one that is the closest thing I have yet to see to the already rightfully so legendary port moresbey.

Take PM, add a touch of saltier/sea spray note, more kinamic buzz, that Malay resin, cooling minty note and a phantom note of a fruit/floral/varnish muted walla at like 3-5% strength weaves in and out accentuating the oceanic salty notes. As great as this sounds I prefer PM opening only for the fact that is richer and rounder. The only thing in the opening here I am not in love with is the minty even a touch patchouli in the opening that is noticed time to time. The rest is as good if not superior to PM.

30-40 min later, this oil and PM (going off Emmett I haven’t done a side by side test) become the same. This goes on until dry down where there is a distinct shaved graphite (think pencil lead shaving minus the cedar). A note that I have noticed before on another oil or two but off the top of my head I don’t recall which. Either way, here, that graphite note is distinctly there and is awesome. Very awesome in fact. I am totally digging it.

To wind down after yoga/shower and get ready for bed:IO bahadur

It has been a while... bahadur has opened up considerably. Sweeter. Fruitier. Spicier. Louder. while maintaining that higher elevation, drier and more soaring note.

Lovely oil. It goes pretty much toe to toe with my other fav naga oil at the moment: naga3k an unreleased oil from Ensar.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Sproaty, alcolado glacial and iori like this.
  2. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Al Hashimi Ibn Zamrak : stylized Kalimantan :Cooler:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Haha interesting you say that! I always thought Sabah was interchangeable with Borneo !

Sproaty likes this.
  4. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

talk to me

5. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Oh,its an exccellent oil and i could not word it better than you "A beautiful vibrant barn at the top falling into a wonderful honey coated spicy nutty heart, figgy jam caressing a dark sweet even slightly bitter Oudhy bottom. Oudh coated in a floral pollen where the floral coats change like seasons."Still kicking myself after not taking a chance on this and Safwaan both are really really my cup of tea.:Cooler:

6. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

IO Cambodi Vintage 2002 - properly grown up oudy oud! Leather, little bit of cherry, smooth, well balanced are words that come to mind at the moment...
    Excellent offering for the price in my opinion...

Rai Munir, Shabby, Habz786 and 3 others like this.
  7. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

And powerful! Easily the most intense oud in the Blind Test.

I second that, I pick up a note of latakia tobacco which I really like.

Faizal_p, riviera274 and Arsalan like this.
  8. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

zamarad - HO

minty cola dipped bananas. with an overall elegant feel. Really nice Habz! :Thumbsup:

Khusi - HO.

Realistic bright purple orchid scent. Very interesting progression to a smokey orchid scent. The bad news, i'm not into flowery scents at all. I appreciate the quality but it's not for me:(

9. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

Yes! Tobacco! I kept sniffing but couldn’t quite place it...very enjoyable this IO 2002 Cambodi...well over 5 hours since application, it has settled in nicely...

Faizal_p and Habz786 like this.
  10. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@Arsalan its a great profile, i personally really enjoy the dark, plummy, pipe tobacco, prunes, woodsy profile.

@alcolado glacial sometimes we appreciate quality but not profile this is normal :Thumbsup:

powdernose, PEARL, Bryan-I and 2 others like this.
  11. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

AA Kencana v3

Shabby and PEARL like this.
  12. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

I.O. Peam Kreng...this little boy is now a man!

Faizal_p and Shabby like this.
  13. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

HOM Malay Encens

It’s been a while, and I realize how much I miss it.

Habz786 and Sproaty like this.
  14. Rasoul Salehi

Has the smoke integrated? The sweet sunshine cinnamon kissed malinau note coming out?

15. Rasoul Salehi

Was craving a beast and I know of no bigger beast that kyara ltd2.0. Feels like 4 oils swuished to one. So dense that even a micro dot takes for ever to fully open up. At the same time red resin cambodi, old school wild proper hainan and the most bitter sweet medicinal Vietnam. Kinam oozing our of its ying yang. I happen to love the zen scent but oud at this level is. Or about the scent but the mental pleasures.

16. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

I correct myself it's from Sabah :Cooler:

saint458 likes this.
  17. Zahir

Zahir Whats this Oud About?

WILL the smoke settle is the question? Right now, I can smell it all the way from beginning till the end. It has more green, grassy opening compared with Borneo 50k with similar sweet, flowery and fruity notes. But the latter notes are more prominent in the Borneo 50k and hidden beneath the green grassiness and ths smokiness in Kencana.

saint458 and Rasoul Salehi like this.
  18. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

My question exactly.
    And I'm not talking about the specific oil, because I've not tried it,
    but rather, I don't think smoke is a subsiding note.

19. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

It's interesting that you both get smoke in Kencana, I don't perceive that characteristic in it.

saint458 likes this.
  20. Rasoul Salehi

Mirrors my own read and thoughts. Fingers crossed.

Promote Oud!