Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

I wear this oil frequently and love it. I never understood why it didnt sell well. I agree it has similarities to KSK at a much better price. I actually prefer it over Kanzen.

saint458, kooolaid79, PEARL and 3 others like this.
  2. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

Lucky you!

3. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

where as i prefer kanzen over kuzen. green vs red. cooling and soaring, vs. warming and settling. at the end of the day though humbly speaking the oil is priced right. maybe it could have been $100 or so more. but to my nose and for my aesthetic, it falls short of taha's best oils. for me vsk over ksk too. basically green over red is more my thing.

PEARL, Oudamberlove and Arsalan like this.
  4. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Martabat (IO) newly released Brunei oil, and on the heater 70's Indonesian wood chip (Rising Phoenix).
    Hard to attach scent descriptions but the oil has an herbal-sweet aura that I'm really enjoying, and the wood is likewise uplifting. Nice combo!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Sproaty, Rai Munir, PEARL and 5 others like this.
  5. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Wanmei - stunning :Inlove:

6. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

I've worn Kuzen and Kinam Rouge extensively, and formerly owned the latter. Kinam Rouge was among, if not my first Vietnamese oil experience. To be frank it was not until I began to try other Vietnamese offerings, by the prodding of a few enablers, that I began to differentiate possible Vietnamese profiles. Kinam Rouge IMO is something I'd relate more to Cambodian oils, whereas Kuzen is a Cambodian oil that leans way more toward the Vietnamese spectrum. I've stated to a few that as far as Vietnamese oils, Kuzen is more Kinam Rouge than Kinam Rouge. Both are red/rouge and IMO Kuzen has way more of the kinamic type notes seen in several other Vietnamese oils. As far as making an appraisal based on scent and performance of the two, that is highly subjective. However, IMO Kuzen is/was well priced; Kuzen could have been $100 or so more and Kinam Rouge should have been $600 or so less, which would have resulted in parity in price and with the edge in value based on scent and performance going to Kuzen.

rojas, saint458, EHV and 9 others like this.
  7. kooolaid79

kooolaid79 Junior Member

Truly beautiful and right to the point!

saint458, PEARL and Joe King like this.
  8. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Fully agreed about kinam rouge showing cambodi notes and kuzen more Vietnam comment. No doubt. Also true that of all oils baring the name kinam from ensar, kinam rouge is least kinamic to a point that many times is not even recognizable. But and a big but, the many whispers of complexity in kinam rouge both vertically and horizontally is truly without a shred of a doubt in a league of its own in these red genre oils. At times there is even a Karbi anglong note in it. And tea. Traits that agalocha have. Best part of kinam rouge for me is its gentle giant quality. It is an iron fist in a velvet glove. Lots of power but plenty of suave smooth roundness. It is the sphere like shape rather than jagged pointy angles that win it and the aged qualities is what we pay for. If Taha hadn’t lost many of those oils of his, I am confident he woulda aged this one longer too and released later for a higher price. Anyways. Both beautiful oils and both carry the signature of the vendor behind it. If price wasn’t an option then kinam rouge wins. If qpr is considered then kuzen wins but with a slight edge not night and day.

My humble sincere 2 cents.

I should mention that I intend to sell one of my 0.6 vials of kinam rouge and the reason is I don’t crave this red profile and if and when I do my itch can be scratched by kuzen ksk and viet zephyr. Also my other 0.3 kinam rouge vial. That one I keep. So I guess I am mostly in agreement with you but not in it’s entirety. :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  9. kooolaid79

kooolaid79 Junior Member

AA’s Hansai just before bed. This oil is straight ufff, ahhh, and ohhhh. A gen 3 Vietnamese oil catapults this oil way in front. Simply mind bending and a mind altering oil.

AZsmell, Shabby, Arsalan and 2 others like this.
  10. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

FO Merokesh for this day-off

alcolado glacial likes this.
  11. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

For a lawyer, nothing is hard to describe, respected Jensz.:praying:

Before coming to know your being a lawyer, I assumed, after seeing your pic, you must be GM of some multinational company. Strict and well disciplined. :bowing:

12. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Yunan Vintage (2008) from IO.

alcolado glacial likes this.
  13. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Eau du Vietnam by La Maison Khenata
    Very long lasting and interesting vietnamese oil with green lime note and spicy tobacco with a nice perfumy drydown.:Inlove:
    Well done Farid on another great oud:clapping: , you should put your prices up ;)

jalil, Habz786, Ashfaque and 4 others like this.
  14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I wore LMK EDV last night, opposite AA LEC.
    The EDV was aggressive with it’s sillage. But seriously, if brother Farid wants to “give away” oud at a steal price, it’s his prerogative :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

AA LEC= L’essentiel Cambodgien

Joe King, saint458, Ashfaque and 2 others like this.
  15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Swiped EO Khmer Xtreme this morning,
    either I’m buying into it’s description from the website, or I’m really picking-up on some wild Cambodi goodness. I’d like to think it’s the latter.

Right now........another treat!
    FO Borneo Adventure 1:Inlove:

16. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

I swear one day I will take a spoon full of FHI and put inside my mouth

17. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Medicinal to medicine: Complete circle;)

18. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Not sure which oil for this evening, something cheery...
    so FO Sabah Beginning, such a delightful sweet opening :rolleyes:

19. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Delightful indeed!

Joe King likes this.
  20. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

Hareer - ASO

that drydown , my nose is glued to my wrist.

Promote Oud!