Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

There are certain regions that are under represented in agarwood oils, Laos being one of them. I've smelled only 3 other Laotian oils and if the DNA is based on those oils then Royal Lao is an entirely different entity. The others are great oils but do show evidence of extended pre-distill soak (injected artisan twist) that bends the profile towards barn Hindis IMO.

Likewise, I've had the opportunity to smell only three specimens of heated agarwood from Laos and if the DNA is based on those woods then Royal Lao is a genetic match and represents what is intrinsic to the wood, untwisted.

For your viewing pleasure, some sinking grade Laotian agarwood I scored from Feel Oud's Adam about a year ago.

[​IMG]
    -------edit--------
    P.S. while I do love Royal Lao and IMO it's obviously of higher quality, I prefer Keo from Agar Aura's Lao trio, it's more of this side of the Don Pearl.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    saint458, Tarik, Rai Munir and 6 others like this.
  2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Hope i can try this oil sometime sounds like a top oil nice new DP @PEARL

tyson, Oudamberlove and PEARL like this.
  3. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

fully agree with the roayl lao being a different beast altogether. if anything it has more in common with shah jahan and vietnam special K than anything else.

PEARL, tyson and Oudamberlove like this.
  4. Bitcoin Benji

Bitcoin Benji Just Arrived

Do you have any samples you could sell me?
    I went to order a .3gr sample from Ensar, but they no longer had the option to do so.
    It doesn't have to be .3gr. It can be smaller like .1gr. I just want to be able to experience it without dropping $500 lol
    I'm also open to trades.

5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I just seen this and thankyou , would you mind if I use your review on etsy for the Aluhlaza Marikata . Its a very special oil indeed that one day about 6 years from now will fully mature into something glorious . I always tell people Ouddict members have the best noses around and really know natural scents so its a huge blessing for me to get positive reviews here , thanks @Shabby and all ouddicts

6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

EO Assam Organic Meghalaya

At some point, I imagine it smelling like the wood used for distillation, on low heat on a burner.

7. Bitcoin Benji

Bitcoin Benji Just Arrived

Howdy,
    I'm new to oud/agarwood and want to get a burner. What do you recommend that is affordable and good quality?

8. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

If you search the forums there will be topics on this subject. I would recommend a subtism heater with temp/voltage control

Joe King and Bitcoin Benji like this.
  9. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

https://www.kyarazen.com/build-electric-incense-heater/

You can either build your own subitism, or inquire with Imperial Oud if they will have any subitisms available.

As for other types, I am not sure which to recommend because the only heater I have is the Shoyeido, and it’s too expensive.
    I have the materials to make a subitism, but it has been 10 months, and I haven’t even started putting it together:confused::confused:

Joe King, Habz786 and Bitcoin Benji like this.
  10. Shabby

Shabby Junior Member

Please do @tyson

Rasoul Salehi, Sproaty and tyson like this.
  11. is38

is38 Whats this Oud About?

IO Shahjahan for Jummah.

rojas, PEARL, bhanny and 4 others like this.
  12. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

AA Camellia

rojas, PEARL, bhanny and 3 others like this.
  13. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

comparing Purple Kinam and Kyara Ltd2 , I choose PK ;)

tyson, Bitcoin Benji, bhanny and 2 others like this.
  14. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

Trying out EO Shibli today, i can’t quite pick out notes like the experts here, but a smooth, well rounded, beautiful Hindi...Excellent longevity, still smelling it after nearly 7 hours, and about 5 hours in, it kind of revived itself...perhaps i just warmed up...lol...overall, very enjoyable & pleasant Hindi oil.

15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

16. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Al Namar by Habzoud

17. rojas

rojas Junior Member

Zamrad

A kelantan with a red touch to it. Opens with a clean bitter sweet woodiness. Layers of
    Milky woody bitterness honey sweetness . tranforms and blends into smooth and delicate feel. The woodiness slightly dominating the delicate milky vanillic note counters the dark bitterness beautifully.

Resinuos honey joins in and intensfies with a ripe fruity note with a golden aura. The resinuos and fruitiness gets bigger shifting the note structure from delicate to heavier giving it a more complex feel .
    The drydown slowly brings in a beautiful shade of sweet woody bitterness , A very nice oil .

18. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud Hindi: Layered Sandal as well to experience two universes in unison. Now it is like mysterious darkness and gentle breeze. No doubt, both Hindi Oud and Hindi Santal are the fragrances that make me experience what is non-existent in any other Oud and Sandal, or in any other wood. After an hour Sandal is nowhere, but Oud.

Yes, to experience the mystery of Hindi Oud is like becoming an Oud Astronaut to cross the barriers of other aromatic oud-y-wood. It is Phoenix! The end of Oud journey.

Long live Agallocha! Long live Traditional Hindi Oil!

19. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Camellia by Agar Aura (SOTM)

Rasoul Salehi, rojas, AZsmell and 2 others like this.
  20. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

have about 8 oils on ATM...! various ouds 'n attars

rojas, Oudamberlove and Habz786 like this.

Promote Oud!