Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Loved kynam emerald so much that wore it an hour after i wrote the above.

In the early stages, a subtle flash of purple kinam came and gone a couple times. Then a spicier and touch sweeter port moresbey note settled. Elements of archinam felt. The green here is not one or two or three but many many shades darker than Papuan and most New Guinea oils. And the kinam buzz is so notIcable that it actually manifests as a mind buzz. Narcotic even.

The drydown note is Tigerwood in its quality. Most unique malay yet and I really wana know how much of it is method vs raw material. And if mostly result of raw material how one we haven’t seen any other malay like it. I mean kannan koh is somewhat unique but still bring to mind twr and Ahmad and malek malayzi.

And before I forget, from Brian and phil’s Notes couple or so years back, I was expecting a far saltier and more funky (referenced to beached whale or ambergris ) but I don’t get it. I see sea spray but I know many wallas that are saltier and more oceanic.

Has the oil settled since then or my nose not detecting it? Or at least, I am not detecting it yet. I doubt it, cause I am super sensitive to this note and actually I dig it but not enough of it here to register for me.

Sproaty likes this.
  2. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

I have noticed that just like with everything else in life I enjoy fragrances through contrasts. After wearing some wonderful slightly sweet attar blend samples for days, which I enjoyed immensely, I got a craving for something straightforward, bitter. What better than a Borneo Oud to quench the thirst. Sabah Beginning has that continuous smooth depth that is irresistible. I detect no off-putting notes and while there are a few layers here they all work together. Fresh, vigorous, sweet grass meadows and bitter leaves.

3. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

I know what you mean. This grassy wilderness scent is what makes the Borneos I tried a perfect oil to enjoy in contrast to attar blends and Hindi Ouds.

Rai Munir and Joe King like this.
  4. Shabby

Shabby Junior Member

Ruh Khus by Imperial Oud, a deep and dense khus, exactly how I like it. But, oh how it will be with age - and I don't mean 2 years, I mean 20. It will be magnificent I'm sure! Having said that, even now it is one of the best khus oils I have sampled.

As for the Mysore Sandal 2014, it is perfect for blends. The price is almost absurd. From what I have smelled the musk macerations which were sold by Faheem earlier were done in this oil, and it works very well.

Rasoul Salehi, PEARL, Sproaty and 3 others like this.
  5. bhanny

bhanny Whats this Oud About?

Yeah, I think ole Phil had a bit more visceral reaction than I. I always felt it was more of a crystalline tropical sea water feel vs the whale effect. Port Moresby plus Tigerwood with a smack of Kynam.

Rasoul Salehi likes this.
  6. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Indo Samurai by Feel Oud

PEARL and alcolado glacial like this.
  7. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

Joe have u tried the new releases from feel oud

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

bhanny likes this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

No doubt it possesses unique DNA, but it is a refined version of Guerlain in the end.

Sproaty, PEARL and alcolado glacial like this.
  9. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

ASO Hamms. Very subtle, sweet flower like, with a very calming effect.:Sleep:

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud Malinau: Yes, wild wood has the reflection of divinity, so does this oil reflect that. Relaxing and hypnotic. Liquefied lush pastures and meadows . Again, a perfect profile to enjoy break from every inch a Hindi Oud.

alcolado glacial likes this.
  11. PEARL

PEARL Guerrilla

That’s one way to look at it and in fact, a way that I’ve looked at it that made me avoid Borneo agarwood oils; well that and the opens beautiful then collapses into a wet cardboard aroma that plagues so many Borneo oils I’ve tried.

But alas, there is hope. Agarwood oils like HabzOud’s Alamin Malinau, Ensar Oud’s Borneo Diesel (White Kynam), AgarAura’s Royal Malinau and Kencana, are oils that defy the pretty but boring Borneo and demonstrates that they can be rich, oudy and satisfying.

12. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Is this another of your private purchases, i.e. non-public vendor?

13. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Bingo

14. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Spot on, Sir. That's why I said it my favourite fragrance during a break from Hindi Oud oils and Musk. No doubt, the oils you have mentioned are outstanding, and two oils that I haven't tried must be legendary as well.

In fact, such sort of Oud oils, some how or other consciously or unconsciously, connects one to Western perfumes. While Hindi Oud annihilates everything, and not just reorients, but recreates olfactorial sensibility. It is a painful creative process to dynamite past with one's own hand by a single swipe.

Now I am looking for some new Borneo, Malinau, etc., not the ones gone with the wind. But I strongly wish as well they may not be TechnOud,

15. hedycent

hedycent Oud Fan

Handling high grade raw agarwood is a pleasure, it's form and density are food for the soul. The scent from a generous portion of such wood is immediately transportive, centring and elevatory, without any discord. Adan presents this rarified scent faithfully. It opens at the dawn of raw wood, gracefully developing expansive serenity. Oil and wood are no longer a duality.

Alkhadra and alcolado glacial like this.
  16. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

I have a bottle of VSI which is very nice, it reminds me a bit of Sabah Beginning but with an island twist and a sample of 777 which is a trat oil with barn and dark fruits also quite nice.

Rasoul Salehi likes this.
  17. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

Thnx

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

18. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Celebrating the Khabib victory with a swipe of LMK black ocean....lovely jubbly

19. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Thank you Curt, I really thought I would have been sold out in a month at this price, I really wanted to please people.
    Well maybe a bit too cheap to be taken seriously :Roflmao:.

20. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Viet Zephyr by Imperial Oud

Promote Oud!