Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. bhanny

bhanny Whats this Oud About?

Nice. Been awhile for me.

Joe King likes this.
  2. bhanny

Love the rawness and primitive appeal of the Marokes I’ve sampled.

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  3. bhanny

Thanks!!!

Joe King likes this.
  4. bhanny

You are in for a treat!!! Need to ramp it and Al Ceeni up in my rotation!

Joe King likes this.
  5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud Hirta: Organic it is. Greenish colour, balmy fragrance that caresses like breeze. Ideal mild projection that is always my priority. Skin has absorbed the swipe, and now after five hours, the quality of fragrance is intact, though faint now.

bhanny, Sproaty and alcolado glacial like this.
  6. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

For work, Sri Pada by Imperial Oud. Lovely lovely lovely!!

Now I am going to swipe Ard by @Habz786

Grega, Oudamberlove, bhanny and 2 others like this.
  7. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Sri Pada, my Siddhartha:handok:. Well, I always consider it more than Ceylon Oud. Simply marvelous.

Oudamberlove, bhanny and Sproaty like this.
  8. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

I saw it for sale & recalled how fondly you spoke of it, so it had to be mine! :D

bhanny, Rai Munir and OudGood like this.
  9. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

How did you find its fragrance?

If I ever step forward and organize a blind test project, I will sample this Oud and other plus 1000 $ Ceylon oils. Aroma, longevity, feel, dry-down, texture, colour. Everything is perfect in Sri Pada.

I have organized a separate stash, and asked my brother to decant different oils in sample vials and place them in the new box. No tagging at all. Now I enjoy my day, and especially when I request my friends to sniff and comments. It's eye-opening.

bhanny, Joe King and Sproaty like this.
  10. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

It's sweet, delicate, yet strong. Calming, an uplifting scent for sure, not too 'deep' but just like Goldilocks....juuuuust right :D

bhanny and Rai Munir like this.
  11. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

To me, it is just deep. Nothing else. Not uplifting, but like one stuck in a whirlpool and that drags one down to some abyss, excruciatingly fragrant depth.:praying:
    When the River Ravi murmurs through Sri Pada, both present and future exist nowhere for me, but the past, running along the bank, and wallowing in the shallow waters.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Grega, bhanny, Arsalan and 1 other person like this.
  12. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

E.O.-Khmer Xtreme

13. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Une petite dégustation ce soir...
    Left: Aroha Kyaku EO, Thaï Honey LMK
    Right: Maroke Noire FO, Bandarban RBO, Eau Du Vietnam LMK.
    Eau Du Vietnam has a splendid evolution. Bandarban, the caramelic fresh tobacco.
    An Oud symphony.
    Peace,

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Rai Munir, Oudamberlove and Joe King like this.
  14. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

ASO Al Malek al malayzi (blind)

Wack of new oils came in this week. Took a bunch of other ones already in my poession that I knew would be similar-ish to what I am receiving and took one out blind and swiped.

Old antique store. Tiger wood royle comes to mind. Instead of those rosewood/mahagony medicine cabinet being filled with musk, they are filled with ginseng, other bitter roots with some soil still attached to them (think Chinese sinesis), but also nutmeg, potpurri and even hint of clove.

At this point I am zooming in and I know is not twr, tw95 and not Ahmad. Is it kannan koh or Al Malek malayzi. Frankly the ASO signature is fully evident and this oil even amongst another 1000 oils would be theirs.

I made the reveal as I was feeling confident. Turn out to be right. Live to eat a slice of humble pie another day.

30 min later and the initial strong Chinese character that was woven with the old Tigerwood malay character is gone and this oil is going full old school malay.

Interestingly the drydown notes started appearing rather quick. 45 min after a tiny wear, dabbed, I am already at dry down stage that now (2 hours ish) I’m still goin strong. A very Woody oudy Oud drydown but trace potpurri and nutmeg spice still discernible.

I don’t know if this oil is steam distilled or hydro, but the quality and behavior of the drydown makes me think steam yet the interplay of notes and opening is hydro.

Anyways a lovely oil the likes of which is rare and I don’t know of a single new or recent past distillation that would come close to oil like this, Ahmad twr...

@Al Shareef Oudh
    I welcome your thoughts and guidance to perhaps unlock other mysteries in this oil.

OudGood and Aleata like this.
  15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

RBO Wild Classic Koh Kong
    I love the opening.
    Very tempting to get another bottle, just like LMK Eau du Vietnam.
    Can I resist?
    Must....
    Try....

16. PersonelHigh

PersonelHigh Whats this Oud About?

Really liking this HUD!

Aleata and Oudamberlove like this.
  17. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I like Oud Hud almost equally to Assam Organic.
    Nice oil!

Aleata and Rai Munir like this.
  18. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud Borneo: Nowadays, Borneo profile is what haunts me. Drizzling in wilderness! No trees, but half dried wild grass, and the soil un-tilled. Not classical profile, but modern. A faintest glimpse of perfume is always there in all Borneo oils that I like whenever I need a break from classical Oud as such.

Joe King, Grega, Aleata and 1 other person like this.
  19. Rasoul Salehi

Borneo now before and forever.

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  20. Rasoul Salehi

Super quick off vial only impressions of some Ensar Oud legends procured via the one of a kind @bhanny

Sultan Abdul Hamit (NG borneo co distill)
    Sultan it is. Right off the bat no doubt about it. If there was ever one oil that smells like walking with resin rich borneo wood bubbling under your skin, this is it. Elements of Aroha and duhl q here. Temp curve? Other technique before distilling? Doesn’t matter. That’s what the scent is. A green jungly oceanic yet ethereal oil with a lightly smoky caramleized toasted Woody note. I bet the drydown is nuts. Another day

Sultan beyazit (NG only)
    Another clearly sultan style oil. Same signature of all other sultan oils. I am getting tons of floral and tropical fruits here. That sweet sour tropical fruit note mixed with salty oceanic virgin island vibe. High pitched. If I didn’t know origin I would have thought perhaps a 5% walla in there.

Kannan koh (malay)
    It shares the same dna as Ahmad, even twr and yes hints of purple kinam. This is one bad ass old school oil. I will cherish its fumes. Even just off the vial and without ever wearing it, I get tons of ooomph and pleasure from it. Words don’t fit. When we hear Oud is gone. Oud is thing of past. It is oud like this that vendors mean. So much heart. What a base. Deep deep deep. I bet even mustard grain size wear will be enough to deliver a knock out punch. A wow oil for seasoned wearers but I think even newbies will fall off their chairs.

Kambodi 76
    Take kinam rouge mr nhek and basically that narcotic medicinal tobacco dressed all in RED and add actual kinam to it. Mineral rich, Mother Earth, spiced cherry and kinam laced Shisha tobacco leaves. An oil to study. A philosophers oil. Very special.

Best for last
    Kynam emerald (malay)
    I found this oil spoke to me the most. Yes. More than all above. I am floored by its complexity and beauty. A rare breed oil. this is not from this earth.

Immediately I see port moresbey. Other oils may come close to PM but to match it, this may be only oil to date. PM with a more resin and ancient feel. I don’t get any malay notes other than the behavior and the energy it emits. I need to wear this one again and again and figure out its secrets. Off vial I don’t get ambergris or beached whale or really anything that would be more than subtle oceanic note. Perhaps it opens up on skin to reveal that.

Promote Oud!