joel

I have had a couple of swipes of Tigerwood95 this morning... I love the raw, bright, rusty, reddish orange intensity.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
wearing a imperial oud unreleased oil today from sumatra, very nice oil still fresh but has a lovely dusty twist. i love the dusty note in oils like that old ford interior smell, or the kind of smell you from a very old book when you flick the pages

peter4ptv

Habz786 said:
wearing a imperial oud unreleased oil today from sumatra, very nice oil still fresh but has a lovely dusty twist. i love the dusty note in oils like that old ford interior smell, or the kind of smell you from a very old book when you flick the pages
sounds really nice looks like another gem is coming from Imperial, specially i like this smell you describe it as: <<<<>>>>

GN?

Good day Mandeel. What I mean is, on me anyway, Borneo oils tend to be very straight forward, with mostly a rather light woody aroma and little development or nuance. They are also very light on me (sometimes hard to detect). For this reason I don't usually find them very interesting (even though I enjoy them). But Adam's Borneo Fera has more going on: yes, it has the clean wood, but it's a heavier, more resinous wood, plus a little dried fruit (not sweet) and it does become very oudy like a Malaysian, with even a hint of oily leather in the deep, deep drydown. So Borneo Fera is interesting, and I hope that explains why it's more complex than Borneos often are. :)

Yeah, and no other shade in sight for that poor lizard. ): I'm glad those guys let him stay in the shade with them.
I have to disagree about Borneos being less complex than Hindis.

examples

Din Dang

Borneo adventure 1&2

Sabah hijau

Borneo 3000

Borneo 2000

Borneo 50k

Kinamantan

Koh Kong Experiment

Indah Kemilau

I cant think of one Hindi that I have smelled that has been as complex interesting as these.

But I am willing to be persuaded. So please feel free send me .3 ml samples of all of your favorite Hindi Ouds ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

peter4ptv

GN? said:
Good day Mandeel. What I mean is, on me anyway, Borneo oils tend to be very straight forward, with mostly a rather light woody aroma and little development or nuance. They are also very light on me (sometimes hard to detect). For this reason I don't usually find them very interesting (even though I enjoy them). But Adam's Borneo Fera has more going on: yes, it has the clean wood, but it's a heavier, more resinous wood, plus a little dried fruit (not sweet) and it does become very oudy like a Malaysian, with even a hint of oily leather in the deep, deep drydown. So Borneo Fera is interesting, and I hope that explains why it's more complex than Borneos often are. :)

Yeah, and no other shade in sight for that poor lizard. ): I'm glad those guys let him stay in the shade with them.
I have to disagree about Borneos being less complex than Hindis.

examples

Din Dang

Borneo adventure 1&2

Sabah hijau

Borneo 3000

Borneo 2000

Borneo 50k

Kinamantan

Koh Kong Experiment

Indah Kemilau

I cant think of one Hindi that I have smelled that has been as complex interesting as these.

But I am willing to be persuaded. So please feel free send me .3 ml samples of all of your favorite Hindi Ouds ;)
i happen to disagreed about Borneo 2000 and Din Dang these to me have noting complex they are pretty much straight forward vanilla peanuts typical borneos.

GN?

I agree with you about Borneo 2000 I should not have added that one. IT starts off very Vanilla. With highlights of pencil shavings. Super boring. But the dry down it becomes a whole different animal and has smalll hints of Borneo 50K OR BA1.

I disagree with you about Din Dang there is allot going on with that oil.

I love a good Borneo. I can't wait to try Sabah Beginnings.

joel

Right now I have on Oud Mostafa #5, Kinam Rouge, Chinese Exclusive, Borneo 50k.

I am really liking the sweet and spicy agar incense dry down of Kinam Rouge. I also really love the play between the peanut vanilla sandalwood and the bright cool spiciness of Borneo 50k on the dry down.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Oudline km super ateeq for me. This is an amazing, dense well aged oud. I have no idea what species it might be but it has the cola tang of some marokes but without the musty patchouli quality. Dense and resinous - a great oil and one I highly recommend if you can get your hands on some. Expensive by Oudline standards but a great deal when you compare to other high end oils.

Dorje

I disagree with you about Din Dang there is allot going on with that oil.

I love a good Borneo. I can't wait to try Sabah Beginnings.
Din Dang smells a lot like a Filaria oil, wish it and Tawau were a bit stronger but otherwise I like them a lot...

I also love Borneo oils and I think they're just as complex as any... AA Kecantikan is amazing imo, one of the best overall oud oils I've ever tried.

Mr.P said:
Oudline km super ateeq for me. This is an amazing, dense well aged oud. I have no idea what species it might be but it has the cola tang of some marokes but without the musty patchouli quality. Dense and resinous - a great oil and one I highly recommend if you can get your hands on some. Expensive by Oudline standards but a great deal when you compare to other high end oils.
Good evening MrP what the origin of this oud ?

Mr.P

oud<3er
The Tauwau is sweet indeed! I just applied a swipe a while ago. From a small sample vial with a lot of air space so the oil has oxidized quite a bit. It has definitely improved as it has oxidized and has the most delightful dry down. Wish I had a jug of this.

I don't enjoy Borneo oud so much , but I really enjoy Brunei oud but I find something strange with this area fresh distillation oud from this place will smell very bad bugs smell but with age u will smell amazing sweet Oudy aroma I have 1ml aged for 3 years and I didn't imagine will smell nice but now I really like it !

Mandeel, at the moment I'm not too hot for Borneos either, Malaysians too. There was a time that I was really into Borneos and Malaysian oils, but now not so much, I keep changing. Right now, Tobacco notes is my favorite, especially in Hindi oils.

Today I swiped some Thai Chameleon from Feel Oud's Ebay days. Wow, it's so gooood.

Yesterday I tried a Cambodi from Kyarazen, that was super good too!

joel

This morning I revisited Oud dhul kifl for the first time in many months and it has really taken me for a ride. I am personally still on the fence about the wild vs cultivated Oud scents... But this oil is so divine. Sweet, fruity and powdery with such sublime gracefulness. The projection is huge and it stays so present and vibrant through the dry down. Recently I have been more into Borneo, Chinese and Malay scents but this is truly intoxicating.

I added a small swipe of IO ambergris sandalwood, which is a personal favorite, and threw on some classic bossa nova - jobim, Vinicius, miucha and toquinho - and I am transported to such a divine realm of bliss and magic.

joel, I only ever had a sample of Dhal Kifl, but it remains one of my favorites! (I still have the tiniest bit of my sample left; I don't ever wear it, just sniff the vial). I absolutely love the powdery dusty quality!

JK from Rising Phoenix carries a Pink Ambergris (I don't know if it's still available). I bought about a gram of it, and it is absolutely divine. Here's what I wrote about it, in an email, when I first wore it:

The Pink Ambergris is like some kind of Dark Matter, I think! In that the scent of a tiny bit is incredibly weighty. When I first put it on, it didn't seem very "big", but then it exploded, and I'm in a cloud of it! I think this is the largest scent I've ever experienced (for the fact that I'm wearing an amount the size of a pencil tip!). I can certainly catch whiffs of the actual ambergris (and it has that obvious fecal characteristic, but not constantly, just these brief little bursts in the beginning). And there's a bitter medicinal quality to it that I love. It's something that I smelled strongly in Kyarazen's 1985 (Russian Adam from Feel Oud gave me a sample of that!) and am always searching for. But this Pink Ambergris Attar doesn't have any oud. Well, regardless, I smell that scent, and it makes my mouth water. Have you noticed the bitter aspect? Also, there is a saltiness to it, like the sea salt on caramel. It's weird because the sandalwood is obvious, but it's not the focus. Like, maybe the sandalwood is the spotlight and the ambergris is the dancer on the stage? This feels like a celebratory perfume, something to be worn to a wedding or some other grand event. I've only had it on for a little while, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds further!

Oudamberlove said:
Mandeel, at the moment I'm not too hot for Borneos either, Malaysians too. There was a time that I was really into Borneos and Malaysian oils, but now not so much, I keep changing. Right now, Tobacco notes is my favorite, especially in Hindi oils.
Today I swiped some Thai Chameleon from Feel Oud's Ebay days. Wow, it's so gooood.

Yesterday I tried a Cambodi from Kyarazen, that was super good too!
good morning dear , well i love malay so much specially the sweet greeny woody notes

joel said:
This morning I revisited Oud dhul kifl for the first time in many months and it has really taken me for a ride. I am personally still on the fence about the wild vs cultivated Oud scents... But this oil is so divine. Sweet, fruity and powdery with such sublime gracefulness. The projection is huge and it stays so present and vibrant through the dry down. Recently I have been more into Borneo, Chinese and Malay scents but this is truly intoxicating.
I added a small swipe of IO ambergris sandalwood, which is a personal favorite, and threw on some classic bossa nova - jobim, Vinicius, miucha and toquinho - and I am transported to such a divine realm of bliss and magic.
good morning dear Joel , if u like dhul kifl then u will enjoy thaqeel old batch so much!

littlecrowgirl said:
joel, I only ever had a sample of Dhal Kifl, but it remains one of my favorites! (I still have the tiniest bit of my sample left; I don't ever wear it, just sniff the vial). I absolutely love the powdery dusty quality!
JK from Rising Phoenix carries a Pink Ambergris (I don't know if it's still available). I bought about a gram of it, and it is absolutely divine. Here's what I wrote about it, in an email, when I first wore it:

The Pink Ambergris is like some kind of Dark Matter, I think! In that the scent of a tiny bit is incredibly weighty. When I first put it on, it didn't seem very "big", but then it exploded, and I'm in a cloud of it! I think this is the largest scent I've ever experienced (for the fact that I'm wearing an amount the size of a pencil tip!). I can certainly catch whiffs of the actual ambergris (and it has that obvious fecal characteristic, but not constantly, just these brief little bursts in the beginning). And there's a bitter medicinal quality to it that I love. It's something that I smelled strongly in Kyarazen's 1985 (Russian Adam from Feel Oud gave me a sample of that!) and am always searching for. But this Pink Ambergris Attar doesn't have any oud. Well, regardless, I smell that scent, and it makes my mouth water. Have you noticed the bitter aspect? Also, there is a saltiness to it, like the sea salt on caramel. It's weird because the sandalwood is obvious, but it's not the focus. Like, maybe the sandalwood is the spotlight and the ambergris is the dancer on the stage? This feels like a celebratory perfume, something to be worn to a wedding or some other grand event. I've only had it on for a little while, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds further!
good morning , some materials are so phenomenal and rare and one of them are ambergris also every color from this raw material have his own scents the black and white and silver and brown each one have his own scents character and they give amazing smell when mixed with something special like taifi rose or mysore sandalwood oil this scents used from centuries and they are so sexy and bring joy!