Oud Distillation

Discussion in 'Art and Science of Oud' started by Al Shareef Oudh, Aug 1, 2016.

1. PersonelHigh

PersonelHigh Whats this Oud About?

This is wonderful post, thank you. I am going to copy it and keep it for my notes. Question when you say monotone do you mean for example one note that sustains? I'm not sure if you are talking about movement the way oud might start off smelling like camphor and then turn to leather and then incense. Or do you mean the actual complexity of these stages?

Roman Abdullah likes this.
  2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@PersonelHigh yes it is sad, from my understanding the nails and drilling happens very much so all over especially in Bangladesh/India. Chemicals more common now due to no passion for Oud and greed of humans. That wood is also one of the most dense and fragrant woods i have come across, a tiny silver will keep going on the heater, deffo no nails, 100% wild and from a big old tree. High quality wood is hard to come by now and if so very expensive. Not many have taken advantage of the value/quality ratio of the sinking Borneo wood and im glad because i know i will regret selling it! There is a physcological link that if it costs more and we spend more its better (blind test echoed this), in most cases maybe yes with Habzoud deffo NO :Geek:

3. Roman Abdullah

Roman Abdullah Whats this Oud About?

IMG_20181201_133255.jpg java vetiver ..smokey , leathery,hey type ..I like it's smokey smeel

4. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

5. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

The Borneo wood that i got from you truly is outstanding! Beautifully fragrant at room temperature..potent enough to fill a room with a fairly small piece. The Phillipines is a close second in terms of resin & density, but the Borneo smells better...to me at least... ;)

6. Roman Abdullah

Roman Abdullah Whats this Oud About?

Yes it's my ,500-600 raw material including essential oils and aroma chemical :) .. thank you brother IMG_20180924_162318.jpg

Promote Oud!