New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mellifluence

Mellifluence Oud Fan

It is very interesting to read everyone's introductions, i love the community here and would like to introduce myself:

My name is Abdullah, i am 39 and live in Newcastle, UK.

I first became very interested in natural scents about 24 years ago, i used to buy essential oils mainly and enjoy the aroma when heating them in an oil burner. I found my sense of smell seemed to be a lot more intense than those around me, certain smells would have such an impact i would want to be as far away from them as possible such as bleach, air fresheners, modern perfumes and cosmetics. So it had a lot of draw backs when i was younger.

About 7 years ago i became Muslim and was introduced into the world of oud and attars, at first i really didn't like oud, one friend gave me a swipe in his shop, i really wanted to wash it off, but the scent still stayed. I prayed my salah and while i was praying, the smell of the oud became more enjoyable, it became a much loved scent soon after. That really opened up the doors for the search of the best ouds i could find, and shortly after i decided i wanted to make my own natural blends as they were so hard to find around.
    I bought several of Ensars ouds and fell in love with agarwood. Now i make my own attar as a full time job and i couldn't be happier, it has always been my dream to work for myself and follow my passion.
    I came a long way from, being a painter to a DJ and finally to a perfumer.

I now have 2 children and one is already addicted to oud at the age of 4! I once walked in to my front room and found her painting her legs with my agarwood oil.... about £80 worth of oil on her, i was not sure whether to laugh or cry :eek:

KHH, Sproaty, EHV and 8 others like this.
  2. Royhalwood

Royhalwood Whats this Oud About?

Thanks! My pleasure to be here

EHV, Mellifluence and Habz786 like this.
  3. Royhalwood

We have the same problems over the world... Too many beauties want to come at home!

4. Royhalwood

Welcome Abdullah! Nice introduction to your personnality. Love your work and you know it ;)

Well you have to ouducate your kid! Hope the legs were smelling good for the price ... "I paint my leg with a blend, I paint my leg and I feel ouddicted..."

5. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Welcome Royhalwood :praying:
    This forum is aptly named:
    Ouddict:confused:

6. Royhalwood

:Whistling:

Ouddict likes this.
  7. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

@Grega: Resistance is futile - just give in (within budget of course)!

@Mellifluence Masha'Allah your kiddo has an excellent nose too. I remember you telling me that she loved Amber Imperial.

Ouddict, Mellifluence and Grega like this.
  8. Royhalwood

Who doesnt love this yummy Amber?

9. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

I will not be assimilated!!! :D

Abdullah's kid is awesome! Instead of legos she will be asking for Hindis for her birthday!

My niece often wants to put my attars on her toys...sometimes I let her...haha.

10. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

It is awesome! One of my favorites!

Mellifluence and Ashfaque like this.
  11. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Welcome! Looking forward to having you

12. Royhalwood

Thank you! :)

13. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan

Hello everyone, I've just joined. I've been visiting ouddict a few times last 2 years though. Sadly I have no experience with oud yet, but I've read quite a lot about it. First time I had heard about agarwood on 3 episode BBC Perfume documentary and short after then Al Jazeera’s Scent From Heaven documentary. After reading all those amazing things about it, often written in a very poetic way, I’m looking forward to real OUD experience. :Thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Welcome!
    Mori No Sho= A Woodland blend agarwood incense by Gyokushodo:Cooler:

15. Royhalwood

Welcome here :D

jalil likes this.
  16. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Royhalwood likes this.
  17. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

You're in the company of addicts and some of the nicest people when it comes to advice, tips and vendors of agarwood and other usual suspects! :cool: Welcome to the forum, WN. :)

18. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Oud Fan

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I already feel like at home. ;)

Did you know that there was once a metal band named after agarwood tree (aquilaria agallocha) ?!
    The rumor is they used to burn agarwood incense on their live shows.
    I like some of their songs.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  19. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Welcome to the forum! As a fellow newbie to the world of oud I am confident you will have a good experience with this forum and with the vendors that post here. My first experience with oud has been very positive due to this forum.

Woodland Note likes this.
  20. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Haha I remember listening to some Agalloch albums in my high school years but I never figured out the connection to oud.

Woodland Note likes this.

Promote Oud!