New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Hey everyone !

Just wanted to say hi since I have been lurking around the site and learning so much from everyone here, and just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate the knowledge flowing through this forum.

I started my oud journey back in 2013 with Ensar Oud, Agar Aura, and Oudimentary.

I was in love with Borneo, they are quite easy to wear afterall ... hence most of my purchases back then were from that region (newbie mistake).

I didnt REALLY appreciate Hindi oil simply because I used to travel to Dubai a lot and most of my experiences weren't too pleasant when it comes to their offerings (but that's different now - specially after the recent IO and AA offerings). I still have some of the Dhan Al Oud Safa (ASQ) I purchased back then, and I regularly visit that oil from time to time (still do - and I think I know why I had such a hard time loving Hindi back then).

Naturally, when most of the oud library being Borneo, I slowly switched back to niche fragrances. Fast forward to just a couple of weeks back, for whatever bizarre reason, I got bit by the oud bug, again. I hopped on ouddict and just started reading. I re-visited all the oils in my collection - samples and full bottles, and something just clicked. The aroma wasn't that much different from memory, but somehow I learn to appreciate them much much more, there are certain sample oils from EO and AA that I didn't like back then became something I cherish - kicking myself in the head thinking why didn't I get a full bottle when I had the chance!

Anyway long story short - I bought some more oils from both of them, read some more on this forum (btw they probably get the most mentions in Oud of for day - rightly deserved since they oils are simply sublime), I decided to try out other vendors.

All the recommendations by you guys have always been spot on - though there are some oils I still haven't full learnt to appreciate yet - they will be set aside and I will revisit them further down the line (and probably regret later when they are no longer available as full bottles and I have to ration my sample vials).

Did some purchases purely on ”ouddiucated” instinct on RBO, IO, ASO and OudAssam - I love every single one of them, all great quality oils and they are as good, if not better than what I have smelled throughout my oud journey . I must give a special mention to RBO (great oils - definitely try Ish’s Walla Palla oil if you have the chance for it is great value; amazing service and experience) and ASO (my nose is glued to my wrist thanks to their unique creations).

EO and AA (Taha’s Royal Laos - I have my eyes on it - sooooo good) hold a very special place in my heart for their delicate approach, even though I didn't write too much about them here...

Sorry for the long winded post, but I just want to thank all the resident artisans for the wonderful experiences and all of you for re-igniting my passion for oud.

Ed

2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Welcome!
    Enjoy the journey :nose:

3. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Novice like me can definitely learn from your experiences and contributions*. A very warm welcome, Ed. :)

* Same applies to Eric @EHV

EHV likes this.
  4. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

Welcome. Looking very much forward to read your impressions.

5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

@Edward Muller
    Warm welcome, and I'm pleased to have an Oud Veteran on board.

6. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

A warm welcome to all new comers :praying:.
    @Hamza I wich you a fantastic trip !
    @Edward Muller welcome back to oud home :Laugh: !

EHV likes this.
  7. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Thank you guys for the warmest welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouddict likes this.
  8. joeribt

joeribt Just Arrived

Hello dear oud lovers! I just joined the club. Have been enjoying ouds for some time now. This community is very knowledgeable and I'm excited to be part of this!

EHV, Joe King, AbasFrag and 4 others like this.
  9. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Hello joeribt! It is nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your stay!

joeribt likes this.
  10. hassam mac

hassam mac Oud Fan

Welcome dear friend ,how r u,would u like to share how u started with ouds what ur best profile u like,which oncr have u been enjoying ,what have u learned till now etc

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

joeribt and Sproaty like this.
  11. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

A big welcome :D

joeribt likes this.
  12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Welcome joeribt

Enjoying oud is what it’s all about:thumbsup:

joeribt likes this.
  13. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Welcome brother :D

joeribt likes this.
  14. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

i feel blessed to join this amazing community....

a guild of aromatic magi who immerse themselves in the sacred distilled essence of dreaming trees.....

i hope to learn and share with all of you.....

EHV, joeribt, Oudamberlove and 4 others like this.
  15. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Beautiful!
    Welcome, @landscape of desire and all new members! It's a blessing to have you!

16. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Hello there. Welcome to the forum! The magi guild is strong here and I love to learn from them :)

17. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

joeribt likes this.
  18. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Welcome to the world of Oud to all new members :hand:

joeribt likes this.
  19. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

Welcome aboard

joeribt likes this.
  20. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

thanks for the kind words and well wishings everyone...

it feels good to be here.....

its like a giant fragrant treehouse tea house filled with unique, passionate, and wise scent shepherds...

cant wait to expand my mind and open my nostrils to extreme possibilities....

Promote Oud!