New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

2. Nicolas

Nicolas Oud Mystic

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    F4R1d0uX and Habz786 like this.
  3. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

My pleasure, when I joined here I was also warm welcomed, it's an ouddict tradition :)

Nicolas likes this.
  4. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

@Nicolas Welcome to the forum. It's a a very friendly place to be in, with people including some the best natural perfumers and oud distillers in the world willing to help you in a way, not typically done other types . :)

5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

@Nicolas, warm welcome on board. Pleased to read that you do certain blends for others as well. Hope with the passage of time, you will share those blends here at the Forum.

Nicolas likes this.
  6. Nicolas

Nicolas Oud Mystic

7. Nicolas

Nicolas Oud Mystic

8. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly

Welcome Nicolas, looking forward to your post. What's your current favourite oil?

Nicolas likes this.
  9. Nicolas

Nicolas Oud Mystic

@Sproaty

Thanks !!! Honestly, so far,my favorite oil is the one I am wearing that day. I am absolutely in awe and in this early process of discovery: feeling the character, evolution and expressions of layers of notes and reminiscences over time, the inner reach, the sensations...

So it's the en-marvelment phase, if there is such a thing. a kind of bliss.

I'll be happy to share more whenever things start to hit the narrative part of the brain :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    jensz, EHV, Sproaty and 1 other person like this.
  10. EHV

EHV Oud Fan

I wanted to say hello and offer up a massive thank you to everyone here! I have learned so much since finding this board and have found immense enjoyment in this education as well as the discovery of so many terrific oils and amazing, new to me vendors as well as the "old" stand by's that are of course, still fantastic.

I am not necessarily new to the oud game but I had, (sadly) taken a long break from oud, mukhallats, attars and incense.

I am evogel on Basenotes since 2003 and I was part of the very beginning of the Oud users thread, along with Mr. P, Bluemoon, Taha and a lot of you that are on this board.

There isn't a single variety or region of oud that I don't like and I have also recently become seriously interested in musk and well as searching for different mukhallats and attars.

This board is just amazing and I am thankful for it as well as all of you, every single day and I look forward to hanging out and participating for a long time to come and I sure hope that I have something of value to add.

Thanks again and I hope to get to know all of you better and continue to make some incredible, fragrant journeys with everyone's help and guidance! :)

Eric

jensz, Nicolas, Bryan-I and 4 others like this.
  11. F4R1d0uX

Hi Eric !
    Happy to see you there and most welcome aboard !

EHV likes this.
  12. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

Eric welcome. I was part of that original Basenotes oud group too. I recently joined here also. Good to see you.

jensz and EHV like this.
  13. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@EHV is a Oud vetran....someone worthy of alot of respect. Glad you introduced yourself and thank you for the kind words :thumbsup: i do hope you share your valuable knowledge with us all

jensz, EHV and Bryan-I like this.
  14. EHV

EHV Oud Fan

A huge thank you for the welcomes!

@Habz786 ; you are much too kind! I thank you so much for that sentiment and certainly defer to you for the knowledge! :)

And speaking of Habz and Farid, (LMK); two new(er) outstanding vendors that I am truly honored to deal with! Thank you!

AZ; awesome to see you here too! I think that you were still in medical school when we first "met" on BN! I have been posting a bit on BN just to continue the tradition but we are so lucky to have this board available to us.

jensz and Sproaty like this.
  15. F4R1d0uX

Thank you Eric I'm humbled :praying:

EHV likes this.
  16. Hamza H

Hamza H Whats this Oud About?

As Salam Alykum. I've joined the forum just last night after having found it, Alhamdullilah.

I'm not entirely new to the Oud game, started a couple of years ago, read a lot about it too.

I'm trying to start selling attars from the Middle East and potentially looking to blend them as well, I'm a big fan of Mukhallats, Musk, Rose oil and of course OUD!

One thing with Oud though is the dilution, even the big brands are diluting I'm wondering if members here are familiar with the pure stuff? I'm hoping to visit Malaysia next year Inshallah, and potentially visit a plantation with a friend of mine who is a native.

I hope Inshallah the time on this forum is fruitful

Jazakamullahu Khair

Joe King and EHV like this.
  17. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@Hamza H welcome to the forums, if it isnt pure i wouldnt go near it especially with Oud, i think that echoes the thoughts of the members here. All the best with your venture to Malaysia :thumbsup:

18. EHV

EHV Oud Fan

Welcome Hamza H,

Similar to you, I am new here but not necessarily new to oud.

I think that as far as "dilution" if you purchase from ANY of the trusted, artisinal vendors associated with this site as well as the ones mentioned positively here, you will not have any issues with your oud being diluted, cut or mixed with anything. I have been buying for many years, as have most here, from these trusted vendors without any issues and I am sure that the majority of users on this site are totally familiar with pure oud oil and know how to stay away from anything that has been altered. :)

It has been known for a long while that the major, Gulf oud sellers dilute/cut/mix their oils. You can find some of the higher, $$$ oud oils that have not been cut from these houses but it's fairly difficult to know what you are getting unless you have a lot of experience or GC/MS to weed out the oud that has been cut.

Have a look around and especially at the vendor forums and no doubt, feel free to ask for seller recommendations from experienced members. I'm sure that everyone would be happy to assist you in finding the best, unadulterated oud oil around and to add to that, respected members privately sell oils all of the time here and I would never hesitate to purchase from them as well.

Sproaty, Nicolas and Ashfaque like this.
  19. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

EHV likes this.
  20. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Welcome all new members :D

Makes me so happy to see this community grow.

Sproaty, Habz786 and EHV like this.

Promote Oud!