New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Welcome Zach and enjoy the journey. Will look forward to reading about your impressions on the ouds coming your way.

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  2. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Awesome advice and much respect dear Rai Munir.

The wood is the source of the magic of oud. Becoming familiar with the wood will help you understand and connect to the oil all the more.

3. GalileoFigaroMagnifico

GalileoFigaroMagnifico Oud vibrations

44 years old. New Yorker transplanted to Australia, where I've lived for 14 years. I've loved fragrance since the day I could tell apart my parents' scents (mother wore Calèche and Poison, father wore Agua Lavanda Puig and 4711). Incredibly, it has taken me until a month ago to try pure oud and not something merely oud-scented (although like many here, commercial oud perfumes were my "gateway drug" to pure oud). My collection, such as it is, consists of the Wild and Cultivated samplers from Grandawood and Louk Mao from Ameenroma Aromatics. En route I have Oud Yusuf and a sample of Borneo Zen from Ensar Oud which will be in my hands by Thursday, if the DHL tracking page is to be believed. Also love opera, books, spirits, and unhealthy foods. Nice to be here.:)

4. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Awesome!!!Welcome to the forum,great to have you with us.

5. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Welcome GalileoFigaroMagnifico

The start of a journey, so thrilling, full of the joys of excitement and new experiences to be savored. Enjoy

6. Chip Burns

Chip Burns Oud Fan

Welcom @GalileoFigaroMagnifico ... glad to have you on board, lots of great folks here and tons of learning.

7. GalileoFigaroMagnifico

That's what I'm counting on. I've already learned so much from lurking.

8. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Hello and welcome my friend :)

9. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

A warm welcome to the forum :)

10. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

Welcome aboard

11. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

12. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

Not many aussies on here so it is always good to see another fellow countrymen, enjoy your journey keep your eyes closed and your nose smelling :)

13. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Welcome on board enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

14. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

15. ParadiseofOils

ParadiseofOils Resident Artisan

Welcome to the forum. :)

16. GalileoFigaroMagnifico

My dear sir, I only just found out your website existed, so don't be surprised to receive an order from the ACT today.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  17. GalileoFigaroMagnifico

Thank you, another new vendor to me! Good thing I got paid this week. :D

18. ParadiseofOils

ParadiseofOils Resident Artisan

lol, Your welcome. There are loads of vendors on this forum offering a variety of oils and woods. Happy shopping!

Habz786, Chip Burns, VPhong and 3 others like this.
  19. Muhammed Patel

Muhammed Patel Whats this Oud About?

Well, I have been here for a while, but never formally introduced myself.

I am Muhammed Patel. I live in the southern most country of the African continent, the appropriately-named, South Africa. I absolutely love oud and first got into it about 10 years ago. I started off with purchasing ouds from the Middle Eastern houses (Ajmal, ASAQ, Arabian Oud) and then graduated onto the artisanal producers like Ensar, Agaraura, Oudimentary, and the like.

We live in good times, with a number of trustworthy vendors appearing, fulfilling the demands of an increasingly discerning consumer base. Sultan Pasha, Al Shareef Oudh, Feel Oud, Imperial Oud and Agarwood Assam are but a few of these vendors that come to mind. While the market for oud is quite a niche one, it is great that we are seeing an evolution towards greater transparency and education regarding the quality of materials used, the processes etc. which demystifies oud and allows consumers to better assess what they are paying for. Prior to this, one would just walk into a Middle Eastern perfume house and assume high price = high quality, with not much else to go on except smell, of course.

Other things about me:
    - work as an economist in the public sector
    - married for 8 years
    - coffee addict
    - love fitness and the gym
    - love exotic foods

Hope that that is not too much of info :)

20. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
    Welcome you on board.

Promote Oud!